- 1 Character Building
- 2 World Building
- 3 Conlangs (Constructed Languages)
- 4 Writing
- 5 Art & Design
- 6 Stock Photography
- 7 Other
- Shadowlack's Random Name Generator
- Rinkworks' Fantasy Name Generator
- Squid's Random Name Generator
- Yafnag - Dicelog's Yet Another Fantasy NAme Generator
- Donjon's Fantasy Name Generator
- Serendipity Name Generator - Generator place names, countries, and more.
- Fractal Terrains 3 - Paid software for generating unique fractal worlds.
- The Cartographers' Guild - A forum created by and for map makers and aficionados.
Conlangs (Constructed Languages)
- Ogden's Basic English - The 850-word lists of Ogden's auxlang can serve as a starting point for vocabulary creation of conlangs.
- Language Construction Kit by Zompist (Mark Rosenfelder)
- How to Create a Language by Pablo David Flores
- Richard Kennaway's Constructed Languages Index
- Language Creation Society
- Conlang Word Generator 2.0 - Let's you define letters, patterns, and syllables.
- Gleb (random phonology generator) by Alex Fink
- Wordo Word Generator by Matthew Martin (web-based version of WordBuilder)
- A method of generating "flavoured" words
Testing Your Language
- Arthaey Angosii's collection of translation exercises
- Graded Sentences for Analysis
- Sentences to Test Conlang Syntax (a selected subset of the above)
- Scrivener - Iversia's favourite writing/project organization program. <3
- KeyNote NF - Nasuella's note-taking/project organisation software of choice. Doesn't have some of the features of newer programs, but it's still pretty solid. Plus, it's freeware/open-source.
Art & Design
When looking for images to use in your photo-manipulations, avatars, site layouts, etc., it is necessary to make sure that you do not break any image licenses and therefore infringe upon someone's copyright. Simply because you found the image via Google Image Search doesn't mean that you automatically own all of the rights to it.
Licensed Stock Photography
|Images that are found on these sites are completely free for you to use with no restrictions whatsoever.||Images that are found on these sites are likely to be bound by a license of some sort. Usually they are free to use for non-commercial purposes. Please be sure to read the licenses and give credit where credit is due.||You have to pay to use the images on these sites, but generally a percentage of the proceeds go directly to the artist/photographer themselves.|