The Official "Introduction & Hangout" Thread

Thread in 'Hatchling Central' started by shriker, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Yeah, it sounds great to begin like that. Thanks!

2. @Iversia, my char is good or you think i need to put something more? I'm not sure of it, it look like i'm missing something...

3. Hi everyone, so I'm Kaos and well, I just stumbled upon Shadowlack a few hours ago. I've spent some time reading about the setting and all and well, obviously I was interested in what I read.

I have rped before, but never really in a setting this unique and well established so I think it might take some adjustment from me, but I'm very excited about getting a chance to play here :)

I do have a question right away, which is if I want some guidance with character creation, where do I go? I have a basic understanding of the setting, but is there a place/person to go to for more minor details?
    I'd love to be able to get things just right ^^

Also, a question about mature content, should it come up, is it okay to fade to black in thread and write out any mature content in PMs, for example, or would that be frowned upon?

Sorry for so many questions right away, but I want to do things right and well, since English isn't my first language, despite me being very near fluent sometimes I do need clarification. :)

Okay, I'll end this now, I'm looking forward to playing with you guys!

shriker likes this.
  4. Hey @Kaos! Welcome! Your English seems spot on to me!

I should be able to help you out with any character creation. You can check out the Character Creation Guide for a general overview of things. However if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me. Either right here, or a PM. Either is fine. :) I can also give you suggestions if you already have an idea for your character.

Regarding mature content: you may do whatever you feel you (and your roleplay partners) are most comfortable with. Some people prefer to fade to black, and others don't. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted here. Fade to black, or mature tagging are recommended. Usually we don't roleplay over PMs, so you'll find that most people end up either fading to black, or stick to whatever they're most comfortable with. So, when in doubt, just ask whoever you're roleplaying with.

5. Hello guys! I'm a new rper and I like bacon.

1. idk, whatever you like I guess. ^ ^
    2. This is my first forum.
    3. I've read a bit about the setting and some other worldbuilding stuff and I found it really interesting. I especially like how fleshed out the races are. Menlo also sounds really cool. Oh, and I'm also all about the magic.
    4. I found a link to this site from a rp directory.
    5. Yes, a dog and 2 cats.

shriker likes this.
  6. Hey @Bacon Lover ! I also happen to like bacon quite a lot. Please be sure to let us know if you happen to have any questions. :) I know that having so much information to take in can be rather daunting. I think Menlo is always in need of more love. My character Cayson is a huge fan of Menlo. He isn't really a great player, but he does like to watch games.

What kind of dog do you have?

Bacon Lover likes this.
  7. She's a Foxy Terrier mixed with a Jack Russel, and she's pretty small for her breed(s). She's literally half the size of her siblings, so we can let her in the house sometimes which is nice.

shriker likes this.
  8. Well i am NanciuX!! call me Nan btw XD, i had played other RP games before at online games, but i am not that good at it :S, also, i can't stand massive RPs, a lot of people..... a lot of replies.... a lot of stress D: , i am a spanish person and i learned english by myself and with some help, i love creating things and playing RPs, it's so fun, like living more than 1 life!!

shriker likes this.
  9. Welcome to the club @NanciuX! We are certainly ah, small and niche. :P Currently I'm working on how to re-organize and present all of the information that we currently have in the wiki. Hopefully you can also find something that you can relate to in there. :)

10. Will hi. My name is iizepic. I'm awesome, I'm a furry, and I like to have fun! :D my rp style is often one liners but I CAA an get pretty detailed to.

11. Welcome @iizepic! Furries are pretty cool. We're all still around. Our forum just isn't as active as it used to be. Quite a few of us are connected on other websites and games though. We're certainly in need of some fresh blood here. :D

• Hi my name is Travis and the only thing that I like more than role playing is working on computers.
      The thing I want to do after i'm accepted is creating my own character and helping the community
      my favorite role is a blacksmith and battle mage .

12. // It took me a while just to write a post XD

• Call me lady.
    • Well i've been roleplaying for almost a couple years.
    • I'm extreamly new, So i'll get the hang of it
    • Mythical realms linked to this site
    • Bunny ;D

13. Hello, my name is Shawchert. I'm one of a kind. I have been role playing since 1998 on an old lion kind message board, though I seriously doubt what I did back then can count as really roleplaying. I am an active member on one other RPG site (i have been off and on because of things that happen in my life. I found this forum from an advertisement on said rpg site and I liked the look of it, and interested in learning more about it. I like the diversity, and idea this brings and I hope to learn and grow as a writer in something so new to me. I am a single mother, so I'm not always on so I tend to take care of my son, and myself before I jump on the computer, it's not too often, but I can be an active person when I want to be. :). I love to take photographs, and I love gardening. So i'm sure if anyone becomes my friend you will hear me squeeing about my garden and looking at pictures i've taken ^^

shriker likes this.
  14. Welcome @Shawchert! What sort of plants do you grow? I've only just gotten into gardening... well, sort of. I've been maintaining a planted aquarium for a few months with shrimp and it's been going pretty smoothly.

Shawchert likes this.
  15. I really love growing herbs and veggies, and I am considered a newbie as well, since this is my 4th year growing anything and 3rd growing vegetables. I started growing flowers this year, though I did plant some bachelor buttons last year :D. I love growing cucumbers, because they are super delicious! but I am going to grow a variety of things. I already started some! :D

shriker likes this.
  16. Ooh, that's pretty awesome. 4 years is a lot of time on me. I think I've only been at it for 4-5 months so far, and as far as I know, nothing that I'm growing is edible. :P I think my favourite things to grow when my grandparents had a little garden were radishes and green onions. Omnomnom!

Shawchert likes this.
  17. well if you're curious as to if your plants can be used for something just shoot me a pm or something and I can easily tell you or find out :D

shriker likes this.
  18. @Shawchert Totally will do! :) Maybe after I manage to get some micro-grass of some sort to grow in this thing. Mwahaha!

Shawchert likes this.