Terms and Conditions
This web site is owned and operated by Shadowlack (the “Site,” “Our,” “We,” or “Us”). By using this site you (”Member,” “User,” or “Your”) signify your acceptance to our Terms and Conditions (the “Agreement”) and any modifications, revisions, and changes made to it hereafter. If you do not agree to this Agreement, please do not use this Site.
Shadowlack does contain mature content that may offend some viewers. Shadowlack is not a game created with a general or “child/kid” audience in mind, so viewer discretion is advised. Nudity, graphic violence, illegal acts, course language, drug usage, sexual acts, and other mature content may, on occasion, be found in role play posts. However, this content is purely fictional and occurs in Shadowlack’s In Character forums only. Shadowlack expects its members to exercise maturity regarding these matters. Those found abusing the privilege to write about these mature acts, or using them in what may be considered “bad taste,” or “not in a writing art form” by a Shadowlack Staff Member will have their post deleted and either be issued a written warning or have their account terminated. By viewing or participating in these role play threads, you agree that you are either of the legal age in your country to view and create such content, or that you have your parent or legal guardian’s permission.
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages or user content posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Shadowlack. Any user who feels that a posted message, character, or other site content, is objectionable, is encouraged to contact a Staff Member immediately by Personal Message (”PM”), electronic mail, or the contact form. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and site content and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this Service, that you will not post, submit, distribute or send through the Site (Forums, PM, chat room, or otherwise) anything that relates to / or is:
- Information that is inaccurate, knowingly false, or defamatory.
- Personal attacks on other Members, Ramathian Staff or otherwise.
- Profanity (swearing), vulgar, drugs, drug usage, obscenities, harassment, hateful, threatening, and / or sexual content (expressed or implied, this *does not* include inappropriate acts that your Character may succumb to or act out in “role play”).
- Information that is invasive of a person’s privacy (full names, addresses, telephone numbers, electronic mail addresses, etc.).
- Solicitation of member passwords.
- Any content that is deemed unlawful (This includes, but is not limited to, posting of illegal MP3s, pornography, viruses, phreaking, software cracks, or hacks).
- Promotional links and / or advertisements to third party commercial web sites or games.
- Spam (Short pointless annoying messages, or multiple messages in a row, junk mail, chain letters, etc.).
- Violates or infringes upon the copyright or proprietary rights of others (This includes, but is not limited to, artwork, photographs, music, copyrighted software, text, or videos).
- Any other information that Shadowlack deems as inappropriate for this site.
WARNING: You account may be terminated if you are found or reported to be doing any of the above at Shadowlack.
User Submitted Materials
By submitting, uploading, contributing, or sending/electronic mailing Shadowlack any materials, you (and your parents if you are under the age of 18), grant us a royalty free, world-wide, irrevocable and non-exclusive license to modify, use, create derivative works from, reproduce, edit, adapt, translate, publish these materials, incorporate, or distribute them through any form of medium, or technology for the purposes of displaying these materials on the Site or for the promotion, betterment and marketing of Shadowlack throughout the universe. Shadowlack will not convey these rights to any third parties.
Modification and Termination of Service
Shadowlack reserves the right to modify, or discontinue (temporary or permanent) its Service (your access and usage of any part of the Site) with or without prior notice or explanation. You agree that Shadowlack has the right to terminate Your account (or any part of it), as well as remove or discard any content that You may have posted. You further agree that Shadowlack shall not be liable to you or any third-party for the termination or ability to access this Site.
Other Web Sites
Shadowlack does not control, check the availability, investigate or monitor links to or the content on other web sites. If there is a third party link on our Site, it does not imply Shadowlack’s (its subsidiaries or affiliates) endorsement or approval of said third party. Shadowlack will not be held accountable for anything that happens on any other web site. If you access any third party web site and leave Shadowlack, you are doing so at your own risk.
Copyright and Copyright Infringement
You should assume that anything you see or read on this Site (HTML, CSS, PHP, Java Script, graphics, characters, stories, posts, text, etc.) is copyright and is protected by international copyright laws and may not be used on any other site without prior written permission from Shadowlack’s administrator. Those found breaking our copyright will be issued a written warning message in order to give the person a chance to remove the infringing content. If no contact means can be found, the infringing site’s host will be contacted with a formal complaint and legal action will be taken.
If you believe that someone on our Site has done something that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the original copyright owner or the person acting upon the owner’s behalf.
- A description of the work that you believe to be infringing.
- A description of (or link to) where this infringing material can be found on our Site.
- You address, telephone number, and electronic mail address.
- A statement by you that in good faith, believe that what you’re describing is in fact copyright infringement and its use has not been authorized by the original copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is correct and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act upon the owner’s behalf.
You may send this information to our administration by using the contact form.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to amend, add, modify and make changes to this Agreement. All changes will be posted on Shadowlack at /legal/. All amendments to this Agreement will automatically come into effect immediately after they have been posted on the Site. So please be sure to read the Agreement periodically. This Agreement may not be modified by anyone except for the Shadowlack Administrator.
This Agreement was last revised October 3rd, 2009.