Who?

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by Mournbringer, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As you all can see I've been posting with my characters Cazian and Mournbringer but it seems my posting skills haven't attracted any who wish to participate. If theres someone who wishes to RP with me my character Mournbringer is up and running and I would like to involve someone else. Just talk to me and I'll talk back. (and character feed back is welcome. The opinion of others will help me when I make anymore characters.) Thanks.

2. You should put a link to your threads so people who look at this can join in ^_^ Unfortunaetly its a busy time for a lot of people :/

3. Yeah I hear ya. But right now all of the posts involving Mournbringer are in Bhim one in Calamarha Swamp, two in the Black Market and the next will be in Gyakusatsu.

4. well i've made my suggestion to try and help ^^ it is up to you, not everyone will look for threads that belong to you though.

5. Mhm, Steph's right. When we all started we had to make ourselves known by being annoyingly active and popping into open threads with our own unique ideas to plots. Persevere! You'll attract attention. A popular mistake for newer players is thinking that people will naturally be drawn to your threads. I made that mistake a number of times =p

Don't worry, stick with it. Celuvix Novox (he still comes on here) used to RP his characters by himself to build up their personalities and histories for his own reasons. It's not uncommon. Give it a shot. If people see your name active on the boards, then they will be more willing to get involved with you, because most people don't want threads that'll die (:

6. thats true but you also have to take into account that people live in different time zones so yeah as you can imagine it puts a restraint on most peoples time.

but other than that i would be glad to RP with you.....time permiting of course.

7. All of you have been excellent help. so as I said I'll learn as I go. And Any can join me in a thread. But quick question. When you say thread you mean a post that streams along with others posts as well? A bit confused because I've been doing posts for Mournbringer (I currently have 3 up) and their connected as if its his "storyline" Now would this be proper posting. I only ask because if someone follows Mournbringers posts as they are they can clearly see the story but if others were to post within them that might cause certain anomolies of/in time. Any words of wisdom or do I roll with it?

8. A thread is anything story based that takes place ICly - i.e. in any region that is denoted as being a place on Ramath-lehi. A topic (to demonstrate the difference) is a post that is made OOCly - i.e. where we are now.

A thread doesn't have to consist of multiple people. <u>Conventional</u> role-playing includes one or more people in the plot. A thread here is simply a line of posts that will follow a pre-arranged or play-as-you-go story, by yourself, with another, or many others. Ral's cool like that (: Role-playing by yourself can be useful if you want to clarify or justify a certain trait or behavioural pattern in a character that would otherwise not make complete sense in the character profile sheet. It's also useful for shy players who want to have a go playing their characters together and are the kind who naturally like to write.

Some people choose to conduct threads with loads of other players because of several different reasons. To give an example, it could be because the thread starter doesn't, or finds him/herself unable to, post massive amounts to sustain a big thread. By involving many different people, the thread starter can feel more relaxed about posting smaller amounts which can keep a plot ticking over.

There is one thing, though. By default, Ramath encourages a posting order if you involve at least one more person. It's common courtesy that 2 people will take it in turns to post in a thread because it makes sense. If you have 3, or more, people then you should agree on a posting order. It could be done in any number of ways, from the most senior/experienced player to set the pace, or vice versa - the least experienced to set the pace. It could be done by age order of the players or characters, by birth place, name, trade ranks... it could even be as simple as, "I want to go first!" and taken from there!

I hope that all helps to answer any questions you've had ^^ If I've said anything here that doesn't quite make sense - even if you have the slightest doubt - feel free to prod at it with a puzzled animé face!

9. Cool I think I got it. Thanks for your help.

10. One extra thing ^_^ Mournbringer when you mentioned you've posted different threads which interlink with previous posts you've done. I wouldn't suggest that you make one post, start a new thread, post once in the new thread and start again in a new thread etc etc.

As you've noticed, it could cause things to get mixed up. As Dumu has already said you can develop it by yourself in a thread, but it might discourage people to post if there is already a follow on thread, possibly confusing them ^_^ Let people know that your thread is welcome to post in by putting AW or something similar in your thread title* you can edit the first post to change this*

Give people a chance to reply, and develop the same thread as you go if no-one replies.

Oh and i'm thinking up plots for ussssss ^_~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.