where jack feeds on the birds of night!

Thread in 'Ramathian Scrolls' started by Beast, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OoC; Blergh, this took a long time. And it's kind of silly. I was sufferin' some writers' block, though, and this was all that came out. Bluh.

FYI, the knife-holding arden in the intro is just some random guy. Not an actual character.

<span style='color:gold'>Warning: Contains a few f-bombs. So don't read any further if you'd prefer not to let your virgin eyes slither across some four-letter expletives.</span>

BiC;

Mia 18, 81383.

She looked at the vile green 'dragon and spat. He flinched, face drawing in around the corners as his body contracted, retracted – and an eerie smile lit her features. They exchanged movement: Tully took a step forward, he a step back. Not so tough now, sir, she thought. But his knife still glinted under the streetlight like quicksilver, molten gloss and trembling.

“What the fuck are you trying to pull, sir?" she hissed. Fight stance. “I already told you, I have. No. Money."

But he was beyond hearing. He was just breath – ragged, tearing in and then out of his lungs. And sweat, as it rolled off his fur. He flicked his head and it starbursted off him, catching the orange light of the lamp above; then his opponent, his would-be victim, the eight-foot-three and fiercely colorful thill, this thill felt his perspiration land like snowflakes on her lower arms.

There were too many assholes in Aurius, she decided. Too many assholes in the small, dim backstreets of Aurius at night. She would have to tell Ayres when she got back that she needed an earlier break; all this messing around with nighttime muggers was wasting her already short reprieve between the first dinner crowd and the later one. All she wanted was a quick transport to Aurius and a sandwich at her favorite diner, Pettigrew's. Instead, she got crazy knife guy here.

“You picked the wrong thill, sir," she murmured, keeping her gaze trained on his face with an expression suited for lighting things on fire. Tully was keyed up and ready to snap some bones, if that's what it would take to keep herself whole. “Before things get fuckin' ugly, I just wanted say: This is your last chance, sir. Walk the fuck away."

The words were unreal. The giantess was unreal. The streetlamp was unreal. All that was real to the arden with the knife was that scrap of sharpened metal in his hand. That scrap was the difference between cake and pancake for him. His eyes, hollow, drifted from the giantess to the alluring silver glow that flashed when he moved his hand. And then Tully coiled, ready to strike.

2. <table width="400"><tr><td style="background:#000000 url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/ ... tabek4.jpg) no-repeat top; color:#DEDEDE; padding:200px 10px 10px 10px; border:1px solid #ffc600; line-height:11px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:8.2pt; text-align:justify;"><font color="#8c210b">
    <center><font size="2"><font color="#ff8a00">
    That the darkest hour never comes in the night.
    </font></font>​
    OOC: Sorry for the wait and if this isn't what you wanted to happen. xD

Back in Aurius. Why? He had no idea. It was night and he should've been back in Bhim at his place studying and whatnot. But no, he found himself back in that underwater place where he'd first met Calcifer and his psychotic sister. This time it was night and things seemed to be settled around here. It wasn't at all like it seemed. As Gunner walked down the street, he almost passed an alley where he saw a green arden wielding a knife against a... giant thill. He stopped in mid-step, hands still in his pockets and everything. It wasn't that he cared that the guy was holding a knife to a chick, it was that said chick was as tall as a fucking building. She was bright, too. But she was mostly tall as hell.

And some guy was dumb enough to yank out a knife and try to mug her? Goddamn, nobody had any common sense these days. Everyone and their mom was lacking in it. Not much you could do about that. Turning, the arden headed into the alleyway and quietly made his way up behind the arden, not actually trying to be sneaky. It was just natural. In a few split seconds he went through many ideas of what to do for this situation and came up with a simple answer; just make a fool out of the guy and run him off. Unless he was too stupid to run away from a walking tree and a pyromaniac. Snapping his fingers, a flame appeared on his fingertip and he stuck it to the back of the mugger's shirt, thus setting it aflame. It caught quickly in the fibers and spread and Gunner, happy with the quick outcome took a step to the side and made himself visible to the idiot.

<b style="color:#7f8497">"You appear to have spontaneously combusted,"</b> he pointed out monotone, pointing a finger at the quickly expanding flame. Hopefully that stopped the arden in his tracks... the thill probably would've left him in worse condition had he not come in and set him on fire... though both sounded pretty nasty-- third degree burns or being pummeled to nothing. The whole time Gunner had the most apathetic and incredulous look on his face; he could care less if the guy died or something. Who would?

<font size="1"><font color="#af0000">I created the Sound of Madness. Wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here To explain.</font></font><center>
    </font></div></td></tr></table>​

3. "Oh SHIT."

Blood, tangerine, sunshine. Colors flared to life, shimmying up and across the knife-wielding arden's shirt. He screamed and dropped the knife; it fell with a wintry clang to the ground. In as much time as it took the knife to stop bouncing, Tully was on top of the flames, pushing the mugger against the wall -- but not out of aggression or even self-defense. There was something deeply ingrained in Tully's moral code that obligated her to help; she simply couldn't just stand there and watch a 'dragon burn, even if he would have jumped on his first chance to hurt her. The would-be victim was now saving her intended undoer. He struggled against the giant thill as if she were attempting to do him harm, but she just held her position, smothering the flames between her lengthy frame and the grimy brick of the alleyway.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" she gasped. Her wide eyes were trained on the arden who had appeared nearby.

The fire seemed to be dying down somewhat, though the now-sooty green mugger was still frantic with fear. Tully pulled back and shoved him roughly to the ground, barking "Roll!" in such an authoritative voice that the quivering arden complied without question. Gradually, even the smallest tongues of red and orange shrank away to a smolder, and then Tully began to peel away the scorched layers. As she worked, deft fingers plucking at scraps of charred fabric, she turned once more to the strange new arden. "I mean -- shit!"

OoC; No problem. :3 This is fun.

4. <table width="400"><tr><td style="background:#000000 url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/ ... tabek4.jpg) no-repeat top; color:#DEDEDE; padding:200px 10px 10px 10px; border:1px solid #ffc600; line-height:11px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:8.2pt; text-align:justify;"><font color="#8c210b">
    </font></font>​
    The reaction from the arden was absolutely priceless in Gunner's book, but even that wasn't enough to move his freakishly stoic face into a smirk. The reaction from the brightly colored thill, however, wasn't so entertaining. In fact, it baffled Gun quite a bit; she was about to be mugged and cut up by the guy she was now trying to smother the flames on. What the fuck was <i>that</i>? He did manage a tilt of a brow, the skeptical look becoming more apparent. He just helped her stupid ass and she was asking him what he was thinking? What shit.

He crossed his arms, almost defiantly as he stayed completely silent, watching amusedly as the idiot continued to freak out about being on fire instead of thinking that he should roll around to douse the flames. Sadly, the tall girl threw him down and told him to roll. About this time Gunner turned his attention away, looking completely bored now. Well that was his fun for the night.

<b style="color:#7f8497">"Naw I tote'ly jus' did that fer fun,"</b> he said said, his voice oozing with sarcasm. He felt like he should've just let the guy try and mug her or something because he just wasted his time, really.

<font size="1"><font color="#af0000">I created the Sound of Madness. Wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here To explain.</font></font><center>

5. "I had things under control," she said with a slightly bitter twist in her voice, and she pinched the mugger's cheek with two fingers as if to prove it. He whimpered in fear, eyes glazed and sliding as they sought the familiar gleam of his knife -- where had it fallen?

"But I wasn't gonna incinerate the guy. I mean..."

She sighed. Burnt hair was one of the least appetizing smells she had ever had the misfortune of sampling, and that flaming shirt had certainly covered a lot of hair. The arden's angry pink skin had been exposed, blistered in some of the most burnt places, where the fur had just crumbled away under Tully's manic fire-extinguishing tactics and the heat of the blaze.

"I mean," she continued, "Thanks. I appreciate the help. But, while this arden probably deserved to be lit on fire, I just.. think that was maybe a little unnecessary."

She shook her head, rose to her full height of over eight feet, and swiped at her knees and butt -- once, twice, nice and clean now. The guy seemed pretty irritated that she hadn't swooned over in adoration yet, thanking him profusely for rescuing her, such a damsel in distress. But she did feel kinda bad for snapping at him like that -- I mean, she reasoned, He was way overzealous, but at least his intentions were good. I think.

"Thanks," she said again, and this time something more genuine crept into her voice.

6. <table width="400"><tr><td style="background:#000000 url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/ ... tabek4.jpg) no-repeat top; color:#DEDEDE; padding:200px 10px 10px 10px; border:1px solid #ffc600; line-height:11px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:8.2pt; text-align:justify;"><font color="#8c210b">
    </font></font>​
    OOC: Short post is short. u_u Sorry.

<b style="color:#7f8497">"If I had wanted to incinerate him, I woulda,"</b> Gunner returned with a tilt of a brow like he really had no compassion for one's life. Depending on who he probably didn't, really. If the guy had been smart enough to save himself he wouldn't.

Oh well, he'd had his fun for the night. It wasn't every day he got to set someone on fire so the pyromaniac in him enjoyed that quite a bit. Besides, he wasn't really looking for asspats; he knew very well that the thill could've handled it and didn't really expect her to bow before him and kiss his ass or anything. So when she finally did sincerely say thanks it got no reaction out of him besides a disinterested glance.

Now to get back to whatever he was going to do... not that he recalled. But it didn't matter; he definitely had better things to do than stand here with an idiot arden and a walking building. <b style="color:#7f8497">"Whatever."</b> Shoving his hands into his pockets he turned to leave,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.