What shall be next?

Thread in 'World Building' started by shriker, Mar 7, 2013.

?

What feature would you like to see on Shadowlack the most?

1. A dynamic character image generation script

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Return of the Oekaki (drawing board)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Random generator for determining the outcome of fighting matches (eg Menlo)

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Bring back character pet genetics/breeding/adopting

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm going to be working on a few more special scripts for Shadowlack, and would like to know what things you would like to see the most. Feel free to vote for your favourite(s), or suggest something that isn't even on the list. :)

2. Menlo menlo menlo menlo!

Oh mah gur. Random generator for fights, would be so awesomely cool! I'm just imagining Pokemon fights but with Menlo suits instead. SUPER EFFECTIVE! :menlo:

shriker likes this.
  3. I'm not sure how extensive it would be. :P Could be something as simple as a random dice generator, but if people have ideas, I'm sure it could turn into something epic!

4. Yeah, I figured what you were talking about was somethin' simple. I just couldn't help imagining the possibilities....mmmm.

5. That random dice generator for resolving fights makes me think of tabletop games - I can't possibly imagine why! :P I do like that idea a lot, and I'm thinking that it probably wouldn't just be used to resolve a whole fight, but also for individual rounds/attacks. Heck, you could even use it to simulate gambling! This being said, I think it would help to note that it's optional, so that players can still completely RP out fights and such if they want.

Actually I also have an idea, and though this would be more worldbuilding-focused, I think it could be used as inspiration for player characters as well. Basically I'm thinking of a quick random generator for characters - click a button and you get their race, gender and age, and optionally, their trades and where they're from. Something like this could save a lot of time in, say, fleshing out the ranks of an organisation, or describing background or bit piece characters. I know it'd save me a lot of time. :

(Oh, and by the way, yes, I'd like the Oekaki back, please. :3 )

shriker likes this.
  6. Something not on the list; You know the box that pops up when you click on a username, could a players characters be listed on that? It's often what I want to get to so saving a click plus screen load would be sweet =D

PirateFerret and shriker like this.
  7. Nasuella Ooh, I like that randomizing generated characters idea. I could also toss in random name generation. I'll file that one away.

Lautir Entirely possible! I'm only hesitant to do it because people will eventually end up with more than four characters (and there's limited space in that popup). Perhaps if the characters could be displayed using tiny icons instead though, it would work better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.