What is your favorite hobby?!?

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Xander, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legos and drawing.

2. Martial Arts, playing guitar, hacking video game consoles, and eating cookies. :cookie:

3. Paintball, warhammer 40k and giving hugs!

4. epic hobbies: computer, drawing, reading and school!!!!!!!!! *brain goes boom!*

5. Magic:the Gathering.

I think almost all of my other hobbies have either died or I forgot that I did them.

6. hey I play that game (not much though), have you obtained any planes walkers? I got Tezzeret the Seeker.

7. Ah, MTG... What an epic card game. Unfortunately, I got sick of the game after the Mirrodin block. I mean, seriously, you can only collect so many different versions of a card.

'sides, it's way too expensive keeping up on Type 2, and my Black Lotus is bannzored from T1, so I can't play my life drain deck to win on first turn legally no more... ;_;... Do they still call the Tournament formats T1 and T2? o.o

Ever play Legend of Five Rings? If MTG was checkers, LoFR is like Chess. Very complicated card game.

8. I wanted to check out Magic but then I read the rules and my head sploded.

9. They still call tournaments type 1 and type 2, blah blah blah. (even though I have no idea what T1 and T2 mean), but there is a type of tournament that you can use all generations of the game.

ahhhhh you get used to the rules after a week or so (lol I tried to absorb the information slowly my brain still went boom~!)

10. Well, there's type 1 restricted and unrestricted - usually T1 tournaments aren't that widely followed - DCI judges go for T2, as most major high-end tournaments and world series play T2.

The big difference? T1 allows all cards (excluding banned/restricted) of any set. T2, however, only allows the two most recent blocks to be used and any recent 'revision' series - so basically you have to keep buying new cards to play. Though you can use older copies of cards which are reprinted - Ursa's Mine, Power Plant and Tower are PRIME examples, as they were making crazy rounds during the Mirrodin block. Hell, with Tooth and Nail, Bird of Paradise and a few Dark Steel Colossus, you could have 4x 11/11 indestructible trample creatures in play on like turn 5. Toss in lightening grieves (banned, by the way [along with Isochron Scepter, total overkill]) and you get one crazy power play.

Then again, channel/fireball wins on turn 1. But that deck costs about 2000-4000 bucks to build (yeah, two thousand to four thousand).

Want another fun combo? Use an Elf Deck with Wirewood Channler and Pemmin's aura - infinite mana anyone? Toss it through a fireball. ^^ Kaboom!

Or for more mathematical enjoyment, get 4x angelic choir into play and summon four copies of Serra's Avatar (both of those are very rare - sell easy for 40 bucks a pop). That'll toss your HP right up to 1,310,720 with four creatures in play with power/toughness equal to that. Then again, toss down Blessed Wind and the life total resets to 20. XD

Ah, I could go on for pages with fun magic card combos.

11. *is dead* it's a wonder no one(in the three tourdaments i've been in) hasen't used a combo on me or anyone i know.

12. xD Let me know which series you have most of your cards from and I can help you make a wicked killer deck. Something with infinite damage or the like. :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.