What are you like with your friends?

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Fey, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~~~~A little thing about Fey~~~~~~~

I live for my friends. Becoming good at making them. Old enemies, distant people, random strangers. I help all I can with no thought of anything in return. I advise, talk to them, listen to their worries and doubts. And that's how I go on day to day doing the minimal amount of work to get by. All I seem to be good at is making friends and helping those who need it.

Sometimes on those rare occasions I make mistakes giving the wrong advice, say things I shouldn't have, make the wrong friends. People that I just can't fix no matter how hard I try. Those are the ones that hurt me losing those I've tried heart and soul to help. Or when an over protective best friend turns on me.(I still haven't spoken to her yet. Giving her a few weeks to calm down.)

But these things happen which I bounce back from usually after a day. Then I'm back to my usual ways. Perhaps what I'm doing is wrong. Meddling. Coaching. Aiding without permission. But It is the way I am. The way I will always be.

2. I entirely understand, I have to go and help people or something inside me just stops working, I get depressed and angry and I tend to lash out more from personal duress. If I have a large flow of my own problems I have to dam it with the solved problems of others, even with little to no personal trouble I get moody as hell. Going through hard times with others that need my help, and then finaly getting through them, make my life managable.

3. James already knows this one.

Friends - to me - are people I trust to be close enough to me to know what makes me tick over. I don't make "friends" quickly, nor do I make them easily. Unlike acquaintances, I get to know people fairly well, grow up around them, and share important moments with them. Friends, to me, are people who have shown their loyalty and their honesty (whether I've always liked what they've had to say or not) and have been ones to help for the sake of helping.

I don't put friends above or on the same level as family, but friends - to me - are people who get my full attention. They're the kind who know what buttons to press to anger me, and -never- do. And so... what am I like with my friends? I'll let them decide on that.

I know how I set out to be, but how I really am is not something I can say for sure. I set out to be honest, fair and even handed with all my friends (the few I proudly call friends). I set out to tell them what I think when they want to know, and I tell them the truth about things. When one of my friends is in trouble, I set out to be the sympathetic, but realistic voice. Patting someone on the back all the time won't fix stuff, so I try to make them understand a way forwards. I'm the listener/watcher kind - or at least I try to be. These days I'm more likely to sit, watch and listen to you than jump to conclusions. This doesn't always make me popular (;

At the end of the day, my friends live their own lives. I don't try to overly impact their lives, because my friends know their lives and surroundings better than I do.

4. <span style='color:red'>Friends are important to me, but I do go through much trial and error before I truly seem to connect with someone. Not so much now, but before I was terrible at making friends. Until I was really fifteen I had no use for the word.

I keep an open mind, but when I do click with someone, when I'm unafraid to tell them anything, that is when I know I have found my soul mate.

Some friends I treat as close as family, but this only happens when the above happens. And when it does, I have an odd reaction where they are the 'elder' sibling to me, even if they are younger. Must be an odd habit; I honestly don't really know.

I don't like to be clung to. I'm not driftwood. If I cannot keep contact or be there to talk to someone, I do so for a very good reason.

And patting me on the back doesn't help much, as Alex knows. Drilling things into my head is strangely the only way I will ever change myself, even if it makes me burst into tears.</span>

5. niiiccceee now I can tell how bad and good of a friend person I am!^^

spending 6 of the most early years of my young life in isolation from bulling made my social life greatly bad I only truly trust one of my friends: my best friend and IÂ’m still not quite sure about every other friend IÂ’ve made since joining high school, I can make the horst mistakes in a friendship without realizing it because humans make it a habit to hide what they feel so I cannot tell if IÂ’ve done something wrong.

but I believe if a person put up with me and stick close, given the chance I would shield them from the worst of metal and physical damage because I'm used to both kinds of damage, anything else I could do is hard to put in words but I could do a lot if asked.

(note: i can also inflict as much damage to a person the same to as much i can take)

IÂ’m yet to prove myself to the world.

Ok nows that off my chest what'cha think? (Oh I forgot about my bad grammar so you might not understand XD)

6. You just need more fullstops, hyphens - you know, to break the flow a bit - and a few semi-colons around; it would help your grammar quite a bit =)

7. Hmmm, how am I with my friends? I guess hearing it from them would make a little more sense, but I'll see what I can do.

I'm pretty laid back around my friends, but it takes a long time for me to get to that point. Out of all my close friends I've known them since elementary school. My best friend used to live two doors down from me, our families grew up together and I pretty much think of them as family. So making new friends does not come easily for me.

Over the years I've acted as a mediator between my group of friends, they stand divided at times. Recently some have declared that they never want to see each other again. But I'll remain loyal to both, I can't just hate one of them because one of them wants me too.

I'm not the person that people come to when they need advice, I'm not too good with personal issues. I'm not even big with sharing my own personal issues with them. But I am someone who always tries to lighten the mood or just try and make someone laugh. I really like to laugh :)

8. Let's see... a short summary would be "spunky goofball."

In regards to my friends, I guess I've always been some sort of pillar. People both online and offline are always coming to me for help and advice, even when my own life has taken a pit-stop in the land of crazy. I guess people just like my logic, that I can keep secrets, and the fact that I won't feed them bullshit.

I also have the ability to make people around me comfortable. It doesn't matter if a person is extremely introverted, or outlandishly extroverted. I feel like I can talk to anyone and make them smile.

9. huh. i'm kindof in a wobbly spot in my life where i'm trying to grow into my skin, and get accustomed to who i am -- like, uh, 20 years hasn't been enough time. d< so figuring out how i am with my friends is sketchy but i'll try!

so, i'm an introvert. i mean, introvert-extrovert. some of the things i say are super-extroverty, but it's all within context -- it always depends who i'm with. for the most part, i'm a bit snarky and sarcastic, and like to make people laugh. i'm pretty unwilling to open up to most people -- i'm insecure about talking too much to begin with, so i mostly joke as cover. s: but i am great at asking questions, and usually can get my chums to tell me about how their life is going, and love having long, kinda serious talks about life and what it's about.

i think, for the most part, i'm maladroit/VERY AWKWARD with my friends. i'm like that with anybody unless i've spent a bunch of time with them. s: but i would say i'm really loyal and loving of my friends.

10. Hmm...I'd have to say I'm as crazy with my friends as I was in the pillow fight thread a while back. I love them all a lot, although sometimes they can't stand me. Namely when I get my hands on an energy drink. >.>

I don't actually have many friends, and most of the ones I have wish they could knock me over the head without me popping back up instantaneously and saying, "That was fun!"

I believe the word is obnoxious. ;p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.