Warm Sand & Setting Sun

Thread in 'Ramathian Scrolls' started by Aki-Sha, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:FFFF99'>Who: http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1199Rakshasa Ruthian</a>
    Timestamp: 37 Tria 81380 Dusk

Rakshasa's body was stretched out on the white sand, his head resting on his front paws as he closed his eyes and just sunbathed his back. After a couple of minutes her rolled over and began to sunbathe his stomach. He didn't care about the reputation of illegal imports of the area. This was just his favorite place to take a vacation every year or so. He had actually come twenty-seven time's that year, this being his twenty-eighth so far. He loved it this time of the year, though he stayed some ways out of the way of the town, but still close enough just in case. He liked to have some alone time and reminisce on past events and try to think of new things to do.

He rolled over again and stretched, his haunches going up and his chest and shoulders going low to the ground as he stretched his front legs in a very cat-like way. Rak's whole form was much like a cat, a lot like a mix of a jaguar for his spots and panther for his form. He was proud of his cat-likeness while others were more lupin or dragon. He stretched his back legs and sat down finally, staring out at the setting sun that spanned across the ocean before him and flexed his toes into the warm sand. He was content with the situation at the time.</span></span>

2. <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:FFFF99'>OOC: I've decided to change this to an open thread. [and to post again to try and see if someone notices it. -.-;]

IC:
    Rakshasa let a deep purr escape him as he closed his eyes against the setting sun and smiled. His ears were laid softly against his skull, but in high alert for any noise that came from behind him. Rak's purple coat gleamed in the mix of ebony shadows and amber sunset.</span>

<span style='color:purple'>"I wonder....I wonder why no one comes here but for the illegal trades. It's a beautiful place. Full of magnificent wonders of nature, but there are also those chances of possibly being killed or eaten alive by a ravenous beast."</span> <span style='color:FFFF99'>Rak spoke slowly and softly to himself. He was always this way, most of the time he was a bit of a pessimist.

His bangs that seemed to come from his skull while he had no other notice of a mane or the such, covered his right eye. The orb was not visible at all unless his bangs were moved. If such happened it would come to reveal the hazy, fog like covered right eye that could easily be noticed as blind. He had no scar, none at all to go around the eye, it was just simply blind. A rough, cat-like tongue ran over Rak's maw and another purr came from him.</span></span>

3. She had almost finished the drawing of him when he moved. Muttering a few nasty words to herself she froze, letting pencil rest on paper as she waited for him to finish. When he did he had changed position and ruined the drawing. She stared at the 'dragon, then at the sketchbook and grumbled.

<span style='color:green'>"And he would have made a gorgeous picture too."</span> She sighed as she looked over at him. His purple fur had caught the sun and shone with little flecks of light. The drawing would have captured his feline form perfectly.

Except he just had to move like that.

She rose and started to walk towards him, in order to berate him for ruining her art.

4. <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:FFFF99'>Rakshasa tensed up as her heard someone approaching. His head turned slowly to the left, making sure she was in the sight of his good eye as a smirk crossed his maw. He was sort of sad that he was getting company, but she didn't look too pleased either. Rak' slowly stood up and turned around to face the intruder of his peaceful relaxation and looked her over.</span> <span style='color:purple'>"May I help you?"</span> <span style='color:FFFF99'>He cocked an eyebrow and his smirk grew even more as he gave a sigh. He was never too fond of being interrupted in her calming time.</span></span>

5. She froze. His golden gaze was...well, it was a little creepy to be blunt. She wasn't sure if she should approach him now or just turn and run like the scared little girl she was. Then she took a deep breath, squared her shoulders and approached him. Standing that close she found to her profound annoyance that she was much shorter then him. Not that this was new, as everyone she met was taller then her, or so it seemed. She glared up into his face with her intense green irises.

<span style='color:green'>"You ruined my drawing"</span> she informed him testily.

6. <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:FFFF99'>A small laugh came from him and shook his head slowly, his visible eye closing softly as he did so.</span> <span style='color:purple'> "I ruined you drawing? What may I ask are you talking about. I haven't even seen you before. And you know it's always polite to state your name first. I'm Rakshasa...now who are you?"</span>

<span style='color:FFFF99'>OOC:Short I know....xP Brain Block.</span></span>

7. OOC: Hey, fine with me. We all have our moments. See, me too.

IC:
    She rolled her eyes and offered a hand <span style='color:green'>"Kuss. My name is Kuss. And yes you did ruin my drawing, just 'cause you moved. See, I was sitting over there"</span> she pointed back the way she had come "<span style='color:green'>sketching you, and then you just had to go and move."</span> She glared up at him and added <span style='color:green'>"I hope you know that this gives me great annoyance. Now what do you have to say for yourself?"</span> She waited, one hand still extended, the other on her hip.

8. <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:FFFF99'>He couldn't believe that the small thill was getting mad at him for moving. He was enjoying his relaxation time, he had no idea she was scetching him.</span> <span style='color:purple'>"Wait a minute....Why were you sketching me anyway?"</span> <span style='color:FFFF99'>Rakshasa ignored the outstretched hand and smirked. He wasn't able to shake hands, he had no thumbs. It was just his luck, being a quadroped. His tail had been still earlier, showing that he wasn't happy but wasn't angry or annoyed, but now the long tail swayed continuesly in an agitated manner.</span></span>

9. <span style='color:green'>"Because that's what I do. Draw people."</span> She dropped her hand and ran her fingers through her hair, sighing gustily as she did so. <span style='color:green'>"Look, I'm sorry I snapped at you"</span> she said quietly, dropping her sketchbook onto the ground and spreading her arms wide in a gesture of surrender <span style='color:green'>"It's been a...very long dull uneventful day and I was sick of it. I needed something to do, you know?" </span>She winced internally. She sounded like a total idiot. Oh well, nothing she could do now.

10. <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:FFFF99'>Rak raised an eyebrow again and cocked his head to the side. He couldn't believe he was hearing this and here too. He let a sigh escape him softly and he shook his head, running his rough tongue over his maw as he stood up from his seated position.</span> <span style='color:purple'>"Let me ask you a question. How often do you have eventful days? How often do you get to live on the wild side and see danger face to face? How often do eventful days come to be in your favor. Hmm...answer me those questions. And if I like the answer then you'll see what happens on eventful days that don't end well in your favor. Hell...I might even show you what could easily happen on even an uneventful day."</span> <span style='color:FFFF99'>Rak knew that he might have been a bit harsh but he needed to. The thill before him needed to know what could easily happen on a regular, boring day. A lot of people needed to know, but the point was never set into their minds.</span></span>

11. She winced again. Ow, that was harsh. But he was right and that annoyed her even more. She looked up at him, a defeated look in her green eyes. <span style='color:green'>"I guess I'm just not as versed in the world as I would like to be"</span> she said <span style='color:green'>"I don't get very much time to go out and...see the world? That sounds unbelievably cheesy, doesn't it."</span> She turned away from him and waved a hand over her shoulder. <span style='color:green'>"I'll leave you alone now if that's what you want."</span> She hoped that it wasn't. This gruff pessimist intrigued her. Plus, if she was lucky she might be able to finish her sketch of him.

12. <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:FFFF99'>Rakshasa watched her walk away and he sighed, rolling his eyes.</span> <span style='color:purple'>"You don't have to leave you know, you can stay. I actually injoy your company...you are quiet amusing. In an odd sort of way I guess. That drawing you were doing of me. May I see it?"</span></span>

13. She turned, ecstatic, when he said she could stay. Then she blushed and shuffled her feet. <span style='color:green'>"The drawing? Um...sure."</span> She flipped open her sketch book and offered him the page. The drawing was only half done and still a little blocky, but with time she could make it look nice.

14. <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:FFFF99'>Rak' just looked at the picture, a soft smile spread across his face. It was very rare to see a smile on his face, specially after his incident. So he felt that she was lucky to see that rarely seen but famous smile.</span> <span style='color:purple'>"It's pretty good so far, I like it. You know what...how about you finish it? Hmm, how's that sound? I would like to see what I look like in a drawing and how good you are."</span> <span style='color:FFFF99'>He looked away from the drawing and to her face, his golden eye locking with her own.</span></span>

15. As the golden eyes met hers, Kuss gulped and nodded mutely. He scared her. Not in a run away kind of way, more a feeling that made her think that there was more to this 'dragon that met the eye. A lot more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.