Um... Yeah that's bad......

Thread in 'Help Desk' started by Xander, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breif summery of paragraph underneath rant.

Okay, so I took a look at my sig and decided it was to bright and so I entered my profile to fix it. The only problem was that before the page was even done loading Microsoft hits me with a "We're sorry, Internet Explorer has encountered an error and must close." I decided it wasn't worth any trouble to de-brighten my sig so I shrugged and left the issue alone. About a month later I came to the realization my sig was to bright and that I had ment to fix this at some point, so I tried to go to my user profile, and Windows hits me with a "We're sorry, Internet Explorer has encountered an error and must close." AGAIN. I figure it's probably a loading glicth so I try again, twice, and after both attempts have the exact same result as the first two times, I have come here. Brief summery:

1.Went to user controll panel.
    2.Windows says "We're sorry, Internet Explorer has encountered an error and must close."
    3.I let problem sit for a month.
    4.Went to user controll panel.
    5.Windows says "We're sorry, Internet Explorer has encountered an error and must close."
    6.Repeat 5. twice.
    7.I came here and complained to see if anyone knows what's going on or is having similir problems.

2. Sounds like a problem with your Internet Explorer installation and not the website (specially if you've successfully changed your signature before). Have you tried clearing out IE's cache yet? Also, what version of IE are you running?

3. I have something to add to this.

before the user control panel used to work for me and I haven't updated my internet explorer since then and just right after I read this topic I went over to it and it restarted my internet window, tried again closed my window; so there's definitely something wrong with something.

edit:
    just for the record I've deleted most of my IE cache the problem still exsits.

4. I'm using IE 8 and I can't replicate the problem. I need to know what version of IE you're running.

5. well i don't know how to find that but i do know i got one of the newest versions with the tabs, would a screen shot help figure what version it is?

6. That would mean you have either IE 7 or IE 8. You can check what version it is by going to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

7. I got number 7

8. I just updated to 8 so let me see..... Okay yeah it was probably an age issue with the windows package. I'm all clear!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.