Translator

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Widget, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, I finished off the translator so Jodie could focus her attention on other stuff (she's too important at this point to be writing code anyway. Like Bill Gates, only I'd like to meet her one day.

Anyway the point is your translator should be ready soon. Cheer and jubilate, for I devoted a period of 15 minutes or so plus some php to finishing it!

2. Yay to the person who programs OS' because he has too much free time!

Er, I mean.. good job! hurrah..

3. Yessuh.. :) Big pat on the back for Max!

Both translator pages - the one the main translation page, as well as the pop up have been changed to the new PHP version. So it should work for everyone now. :P I think I'll move this to the news forum.

4. I compliment you on your programming skills in php, for I have none! lmao. XD

But.. I have some complaints about the new translator... ^^;

I don't like that it has to load a new page to generate the result. While I have DSL, it's running slow for me tonight, so getting results is running slow, and I figure this will also eat up bandwidth twice as fast.

Secondly (and lastly) putting brackets around words you don't want changed doesn't work anymore. :P

Don't keeeel me.. I like life.. *hides* X_X;;

5. Just.. use the JavaScript one then. I'm really not all that worried about bandwidth. We're not exactly a high traffic site. ^^'

http://shadowlack.com/r_transmall.htmlhttp://shadowlack.com/r_transmall.html</a>

Aiie... I'm not sure why the square bracket thing isn't working anymore. It should. I'll have to check over the code again.

Edit: Think I found out why the brackets aren't working. lol.. *can't count*

Edit2: Squared brackets problem is fixed. I had a "2" written down where I should of had a "1". *dies*

Edit3: Aaaannd... I made a link to the old JavaScript translator on the pop up one. It'll load in the same pop up window now.

6. K, sorry for letting that one slip by, didn't even remember we HAD the [] function.

7. I never knew it existed o.o *nods*. I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere before, anyhow.

Yeah, the PHP version is a LOT slower than the other for me as well. But then, I'm on a fairly slow pc at the moment. I'm glad that both versions got kept : 0-) But thanks anyway to the official codemonkey Odessi for setting that up for us all! : 0-D --Ooh, Jodie's the Ramathian equivalent of Bill Gates, eh? Can all of us panhandle money off of her, then? O; 0-)

8. You didn't know that the translator existed..? Or did I just read that wrong? Oo;

9. The [] thing. Not the translator

10. O.o *points to Odessi's reply* Heh, nooo, I knew the translator existed. Not quite that blind. Although I was blind enough to miss the mention of the brackets function above it...heh heh. : 0-)3 Durh. I suppose it's because after the first time, I never read the stuff up top, just skipped straight to the translator.

11. Ah, got'cha. I knew I'd misinterpreted that. ^^;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.