Thread Idea

Thread in 'General Chat' started by blakgryf, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was walking to class when this idea literally stopped me in my tracks. (Much to the chagrin of those around me)

I would like to start a thread in which one or both of my chars is piloting a shuttle-type craft, flies through a solar storm, makes a blind jump in an attempt to save the spacecraft and its passangers, and finds himself in an uninhabited system that turns out to be Earth's, (though the chars don't know that) and lands in what was once New York or Chicago or something. Adventure ensues and everybody gets to live happily ever after...I hope.

I just thought it would offer some interesting chances for role-play.
    Anyone would be allowed to join, but it would be limited to maybe ten total.
    I haven't figured out a time stamp yet so if anybody has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Just a thought.
    Blakgryf
    aka Corvus Blackscale
    aka Phoenix Nitefire

2. Your first problem is that Earth has been destroyed a few years ago, so landing on it isn't an option. And any sort of off planet flights would probably have to be "aproved" by IC Government and the OOC government (aka Jodie)

3. Was Earth completely destroyed? Like in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Or was it just glassed?

And I figure this could be a gov't sponsored civilian research craft investigating solar storms when it gets caught in a freak storm that threatens to tear the ship apart.

4. "...long after the Earth has been ravaged and obliviated, in a solar system light years away."

I'm pretty sure it's gone.

5. Darn.

I'll just have to revise my idea then.
    Maybe some previously unknown civilization, now extinct, on some other planet.
    The Story idea is still valid. I just need to change the setting.

6. I could see a bit of space travel in Ramaths' future(in an RP sense, not a 'Hey we invented space travel sense xD), so yeah, no need to give up on the idea just yet. :)

7. The idea sorta evolved from the backstory of one of my chars, Phoenix Nitefire.
    He's a Master-class pilot. Plus I wanted to do a story where a group of Ramathians turned up on Earth years after humanity had become extinct. I had figured that it had simply been subjected to nuclear war and thus was still their but uninhabitable. Oh well.

8. I HAD ANOTHER IDEA!
    GLEE! :D

My char is in the Machina Ruins and finds remnants of HUMANS having set foot on Ramath-Lehi at some point in history. But for one reason or another did not stay.
    Maybe they went home to support their country during a war. *shrugs*
    Tell me what you all think!
    :janardan:

9. I personally believe that humans are not supposed to have any influence in the planet of Ramath-Lehi at all. I feel strongly that decisions about humans mixing with Ramath-Lehi is a decision to be stricly left with Jodie.

To give you an idea of what I'm trying to say, there was one time a player on this game who tried to create human spirits who had lived via some black magic method and were now using dragon bodies to animate themselves. Something like that. (I'm pretty sure I screwed up the details, but that is the basic thought.) When the full details of his characters were released, they will quickly deleted.

What I'm trying to say, is that anything involving humans, or Earth, is virtually not allowed. However, please, do not refrain from producing wonderful ideas. I can't explain to you how eager I am to see a person like yourself coming up with ideas. Just, try to think along different lines aside from humans. =p

10. What I really wanted to do was roleplay them finding artifacts of Earth. NOT humans themselves. Even if our chars devised the wrong use for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.