The old Suggestion Thread

Thread in 'World Building' started by shriker, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <font color='#000000'><h4>Suggestion Thread</h4>Do you have an idea that you think could make this place even better than it already is? A contest idea? A web site suggestion, forum suggestion perhaps? They're all welcome here.</font>

2. <font color='#000000'>I don't know if Jods knew this, but you can get a little custom icon for next to the URL. It's free, all you need is the .ico file and a short line of code for the site. Not sure how it works with FTP (I'm clueless about that) but here's some info.

http://www.lissaexplains.com/fun9.shtml</font>

3. <font color='#000000'>Sure. That's doable. :] I've made an icon like that before for an old wolf game that I had. Mm... any ideas as to what the little icon should be of?</font>

4. <font color='#000F22'>Hm, maybe a small (obviously) pic of some pendragon's head? It would be cute. [​IMG]</font>

5. <font color='#8D38C9'>Or a tailflame?

I was thinking... could ther emaybe be something about the intricacies of the Ramathian Language? I mean, every language has them. Things that don't affect the basic usage of the language (like using the translator), but add little... touches. I was kind of thinking, and made these up. They're kind of like the Japanese 'chan' and 'san'.

Ramathian Suffixes
    -------------------
    Informal conjugations of nouns, indicating different things.
    'sla' - little, used as a pet name for loved ones/children ('tsujsla', little star)
    'ba' - above, usually used for an instructor or superior; usually applied to surname ('Deiysba', Addressing one with the last name 'Deiys')
    'shu' - in thanks, usually used when formally thanking someone; usually applied to first name ('Shumc iyo, Damienshu.') can be combined with 'ka' ('Shumc iyo, Deiysbashu.') can stand alone as a thank you ('Carrashu!', thanking someone by the name of 'Carra')
    'ni' - my, usually used with significant others, loved ones, and children; indicates a very close bond and is always used with the first or nick name ('Treimi', my Trei)</font>

6. <font color='#000000'>Could work. ^^;

Mm... Zeva's been our language guru. Hehe. Suffixes like that could really be useful, I think. Personally I don't really like students at Janardan addressing their teachers as "ms/mr/mrs/etc". It just doesn't sound right to me. I really like that idea though.</font>

7. <font color='#8D38C9'>Yeah, I just wanted to throw the idea out there. ^^; Of course, everything could be changed... I just tried to punch in a ramathian word/phrase and derive a two or three letter combo from it.</font>

8. <font color='#000000'>Off topic... but I really like your character sprites. *pats them*

I think that we could work with that idea though. ^^ We have a few words that aren't direct English-Ramathian translations. I really should put that page back up of them. There was:

Arden: male adult pendragon
    Thill: female adult pendragon
    Nioti: young male pendragon
    Niotie: young female pendragon &
    Kiom: an elder male/female pendragon

I don't really know if the teachers should be called Kioms though. Not all of them are really all that old.</font>

9. <font color='#8D38C9'>Aw, thanks! [​IMG] I like the whole vidual aide thing... makes it easier for other people to visualize my characters. ^^

I remember those! But had forgotten about them? I :heart: Ramathian. *likes saying it out loud to herself* I think it would be really cool to flesh it out some, maybe even do some cultural thinks, like proverbs, sayings, and colloquialisms?

Just as an odd part... maybe there could eventually be some sort of compilation of a 'library' section? Where people could write/submit things that are IC informative texts, and other stuff. Like... Ramathian poetry, psychology, etc. Might be nifty? If you could get people to do it, yeah.</font>

10. <font color='#000000'>Welcome. Ehhe.. the only sorta-sprite thing I have is of Lorax. And he's been stuck at the top of the forum for some time now. I think I've just been too lazy to take him down.

A whole part of the site dedicated to writings/library related things would be neat though. That's what I was starting to get at with my tiny little "literature" section. But texts, maybe even teacher guides, poems, and all the like, well, they'd be pretty fun to collect and have on the site. We'd just need to motivate people into submitting them.

Another thing I wanted to do is also define which days students are in school, and which days they aren't. Then set up specific holidays, and also give the days of the week their own unique names (also specify how many days there should be in a week..). It'll all come in time I suppose.  [​IMG]</font>

11. <font color='#8D38C9'>I would love to contribute stuff. :3 Maybe even stuff about Ramathian starcharts/constellations if there aren't already? Are there any myths or folk heroes yet anyone's created yet?</font>

12. <font color='#000000'>Well, all we would really need to do is figure out all of the categories that we can shove stuff in, and hop to it.

As for starcharts - nope. There were a few people making constellations a while back. I'm not quite sure what happened to them though. (Someone had made a dragon... and I think a rapine and pendragon fighting one?) Hm... Zeva has one of her own made up here:

http://zeva.sphosting.com/ral/constellations.htm

It's got a neat little mouseover effect that shows the constellation outline and names of the little stars that make it out. Mm... other than the creation myth, not really. A vampiric 'dragon origin story is being written to my knowledge as well. There also aren't any known heroes to date.  [​IMG] It's so fun creating stuff out of the blue.</font>

13. <font color='6C6C6C'>Mwaha, I'm such a nerd... ^_^;  I get all giggly and squealy when somebody says they like what I've done! =D

*dances* I really like the suffixes! =D  Slang/formal slang is one thing I haven't really developed yet with Ramathian, so definitely, if anybody has more ideas, let's all discuss! *thinks* Let's add an apostrophe inbetween the suffixes, so it makes it easier to differentiate in writing:

tsuj'sla
    Deiys'ba
    Shumc iyo, Damien'shu.
    Carra'shu!
    Trei'mi

Speech-wise, there'd be no pause, because it'd be understood slang, but written, it'd keep it from looking like one big word that doesn't properly translate.

Oh! And, I explained a loooong while back that apostrophes and quotations stand as all periods/exclamation points/question marks when found at the end of a sentence when using the ramathian hieroglyphs. (one mark [the apostrophe] for normal feeling, dictation, two marks [the quotation] for strong feeling) , which is my reasoning why Ramathian is so difficult to translate nowadays: the basis on whether a sentence is a statement, exclamation, or question, is based on the wording. So, translation is best left to the experts in Ramathian, like Zeikara and Treimaline. hehehe [​IMG]

Ramathian = http://zeva.sphosting.com/ramathian.htm
    That thread = http://shadowlack.com/boards/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=13;t=214</font>

14. <font color='#8D38C9'>Oh, squee! I REALLY like the apostrophe idea. XD I was thinking some of the words looked kind of long, but that didn't even occur to me. :3 Awesome.

As for the punctuation thing, I'll have to keep that in mind. I didn't know that. XD

And I assume you've already made the .ttf file for Ramathian? If so, *begs to DL*</font>

15. <font color='#000000'>Mm, I'll PM you the newest version of the .tff file (unless Zeva's updated it since then. ^^). It has all of her pretty swirly text-y artwork in it. *snugs the file* :] Most likely in the next version of the site I'm going to tie it all more into the design.

We could should probably write up and dedicate a few pages to the Ramathian language. Just the rules of it and whatnot. I also third that idea of using apostrophes too. It makes it look a whole lot neater.  [​IMG]</font>

16. Shouldn't there be a cafeteria in Janardan? Where the heck are the students supposed to eat? x.x There should also be like a student council or something and they could make like, mini year books (like not a huge one you'd get in an actual high school with every possible thing you could possibly think of... just one with a few little stuff like, popular subjects, most popular student, etc.) and maybe orginaize dances and stuff like that? I think it might be a fun idea! :D

17. *claps for dances and cafeteria*

*claps some more*

I love this idea! I also think maybe the cafeteria should have its own area, or at least be a sticky thread... I've always wondered where Lazzie can get his food and all...

18. I'll make a cafeteria later today. :) I have the hours between 11am and 3pm to waste somehow.

19. Okkie and Kakos should be the prez & vice prez of the student council. XD Baaad influences!

20. I think one of my charries should be at least vice prezzie since the cafe/student council thing was my idea ;) Kakos can be prezzie and Okkie can be... -thinks for an hour- vice-vice-prezzie? Heh, Aren't I full of creative ideas... You can be... Eh, something... My brain isn't working tonight, full of http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1309skunk</a> smell x.x.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.