The Official "Introduction & Hangout" Thread

Thread in 'Hatchling Central' started by shriker, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Er.. hello? I'm not used to actually socializing with people so sorry if I don't say very much.

shriker likes this.
  2. @malliia Hey there! Welcome. What brought you to Shadowlack?

3. Hello. I found this place by searching "furry rpg" in google. What got me interested was that it has been around for a long time, which indicates that it's got some really good writing in store. Though I kinda feel there are a bit too many fluffy species. /*specification*/: I wish I could make some kind of scale-clad, oceanic character.

Note: I have no problem with creating a character from one of the already existing species, if there's only them to choose from.

This is also my first - alongside "Feila" - experience with play-by-post games.
    Looking forward to experiencing it together with you all.

4. @Atryx10 Check out the Aquabat (for your ocean-bound critters), or the Takula (more tribal, but could potentially be sea-faring). Either of those may fit what you're looking for. :) Though there is totally the potential to create your own species here. We just don't tend to add many that often because we require them to be really thought out and considered.

I don't think I know much about Feila. What was that experience like?

5. #165 Atryx10, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    @Iversia I am still writing the introductory text for my character there. I've spent like 12 hours on my character: searching for body ratios, body measurements on different species, done math to get proper weight and height relations, write the text in various ancient european languages, etc. ;w;
    It seems like a really promising place though, just like this place.

Feila takes place in several different countries, each with several different cities, with several different races that are native to those countries, in different historical ages. The main focus is on the medieval period. Only rules there, is those that are pretty obvious: be a nice person, don't mary sue during RP, don't mix OOC and RP, etc.
    The player has a lot of freedom when creating their character in Feila. So much freedom in fact, that it can become difficult for a player to create their character.

6. Hi! You can call me Kei, or Keiko, or J, or Jas (yeah I know lots of nicks!) I've been playing pbc rpg since a long time but just in my motherland and language (nda. Italy) I was searching for some English-alternative for personal and studies-interested reasons so.. here I am!
    I'm a 20 y.o. Fine arts student currently interested in writing a thesis about writing rpg online as a therapeutic tool ~
    Hope to find this place homey ~

7. This place looks nice, can't want to try it ^v^

8. Well might as well also do this for my introduction

I would love it if people call me, Maul. It's a weird name i know but i like it ^v^
    I Started RolePlaying in 2013, and after a while it's gotten really interesting to me first place i role played in was in IronClaws online
    What parts intrest me? Well, nothing yet, i barely tried anything! But im pretty sure i'll enjoy all the content here.
    I found Shadowlock while browsing through google looking for a game for furs, then i stumbled upon this for the first time :3
    I have three pets, two are cats and one is a dog, My wonderful doggie is called egypt, shes a year old, my two cats are Londen and Asia, they are like 5 or 6 years old now :3

Im happy to be here and meet all the people here :3

9. :D Welcome to the forums, Maul and Kei!

10. HI everybody!

Well, I'm new, just joined a couple seconds ago and I'm looking forward to exploring the site. Please, call me Ahza. Actually, this is my second role play site, I'm a member of Hogwarts extreme and that opened up RP to me so I'm now exploring other sites but staying true to my origins.

11. Welcome to Shadowlack, Ahza! :D

12. Hi everyone! I found this on a list of top forum RP, since I've been looking for a text-based RPG to supplement my D&D group
    • What should we call you? Gracy
    • When and where did you first start roleplaying? Is Shadowlack your first online play-by-post game?
      My cousin & I actually invented our own RPG based on what limited free D&D resources we could find back in the 90s. Wish we'd had all the great PDFs & forums there are now! Shadowlack is my first play by post game
    • Tell us what part(s) of Shadowlack interest you, and where you would like to get involved.
      The description of the Shadowlack world and its very high user ratings on third party collation sites appeal to me - I'm not sure what areas there are in which to get involved but I'll take a look around
    • How did you find out about Shadowlack? forumroleplay.com
    • Do you have any pets? a fluffy dog named Harvey

13. Call me XIV. I began RPing when I was eight years old, on a Harry Potter chatroom. I'm not twenty. :) I'm interested in all of Shadowlack, though I'm sure I'll find my niche soon enough. And I found out about it from... a topsitelist? xD I have 3 ducks, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 36 chickens and 3 bunnies...

14. @XIV Dude, I miss chickens. What's it like having a little farm?

15. Hello folks! I'm a Minccino! Happy to be here. I'm more into chat roleplay but I can give this a shot. :)

shriker likes this.
  16. Hello,
    I am new here, but have been roleplaying for many years, pen and paper as well as online. I haven't played anything to Shadowlack yet, and the concept seemed quite interesting. I already have a few ideas for my first character in mind an am looking forward to fleshing them out and seeing how well they work. The concept of creating a whole new world together sounds quite awesome. I found out about Shadowlack on one of those Topsite things, and on the whole list it seemed to be the most interesting and unique option.

17. Hey @Tartaros! Welcome to our sorta super secret club. ;)

18. Thank you Shriker!

Looking around here, I am a bit afraid though that I've unearthed one of the great civilisations of the past instead of finding a cool new place to roleplay. Which is a shame, because this place looks really awesome. Would be grest to see it get back to activity.

shriker likes this.
  19. @Tartaros Aww, yeah. You're not wrong! We're still a good group of friends, but sadly most of the interaction these days happens off of Shadowlack. I'd very much love to see more activity here though. I've been plugging away at a Shadowlack setting book as I mostly talk to myself. :P