The Official "Introduction & Hangout" Thread

Thread in 'Hatchling Central' started by shriker, Jul 29, 2014.

1. @Hannawolf Yep, we've had adoptables before. Another neat thing we have is the ability to create a character that is considered Ramathian nobility/tied to one of the older families on Ramath-lehi. A few details about that are in this thread: http://shadowlack.com/threads/ramathian-nobility.7382/

@DangoYumi For the time being, you can log out of Shadowlack (the forum) and view the wiki as a guest. For some reason, the wiki is choking when it's trying to create new player's accounts when it syncs. People who have existing accounts are okay, but newly registered accounts aren't working. So viewing it while logged out should be alright.

2. Hi, I like science fiction and action roleplays. It's pretty difficult to find sites like these, so I'm glad I found this.

shriker likes this.
  3. Hi folks, I'm new here but I'm not new to RPGs - I play D&D, Pathfinder and Call of Cthulu but I've been wanting to check out PBP RPGing for a while now.
    • What should we call you? The name's Bond, James Bond. Actually it's not, it's Neil but everybody wants to say that at least once, right?

• When and where did you first start roleplaying? Is Shadowlack your first online play-by-post game? Like I said, I play D&D, Pathfinder and Call of Cthulu regularly but haven't done any Play By Post stuff before, looking forward to getting stuck in though.

• Tell us what part(s) of Shadowlack interest you, and where you would like to get involved... I just want to get stuck in and play some good old fashioned science fiction.
    • How did you find out about Shadowlack? Google.

• Do you have any pets? Yup. Two dogs, three cats, a rabbit, fiancee and a three year old son.

shriker likes this.
  4. Hello! Im Speedie. On my phone right meow so Im making this quick.

Been role-playing for longer than Shadowlack has existed! I remember when it opened. Looks very interesting but complicated, so I've got lots of reading to do! But I'm excited. :)

shriker likes this.
  5. @Roughdragon Still around? :P I've been pretty lax with replying to people and mostly stuck up in private messages here.

@DustyKovax Hi Neil! Given your tabletop background, have you also played many board games? I got sucked into playing Arkham Horror for a while, and it was pretty rad. We actually ended up roleplaying as a few of the characters and had a really fun time.

Welcome @Speedie! For a fun bit of relevant trivia, my old character Talis Adamaint (who eventually made it onto this site) used to go by the nickname Speedy back in the 90s. :D Lemme know if you need any help getting around or figuring anything out. I'm still in the midst of cleaning up quite a few things (and now also hopefully getting another board wide plot going).

6. Hi, everyone! :heart:

I'm Emalee. My nickname, melee, is sort of an inside joke that works especially well because it's close to my name.

I've lurked around Shadowlack probably for as long as its been around. My play-by-post roleplaying experience is mostly from within the wolf community: I played at Wild Wolf Society, mainly, and I actually created Wolf RPG (one of Shadowlack's current affiliates). I've recently stepped down from managing/owning any games, to focus on being a participant first and foremost.

Being that I sort of "grew up" with Shadowlack in the background, and it and other similar fantasy games really shaped my creativity when I was younger, I'm feeling drawn back to it all in adulthood. Art and creative writing were large parts of my life that sort of got lost in the last 8 years or so— and. Yeah. Long sappy answer. ;P

In terms of pets, I have three cats: Willow (11), Kirby (5), Pippin (2), and a husband (?). We're talking about adding a Shiba Inu to the mix sometime in 2017. :3

7. @melee

Hey, Emalee! :rainbow: Nice to have an old but new face around. :)

I totally hear you on the art getting lost. I've had some pretty big life upsets over the years and that ends up bumping me off into oblivion. Yet, I keep finding myself back here. I kind of feel a bit like a mother hen whose children have grown up and mostly left the nest, but it has been ridiculously amazing to see where people's life paths have taken them.

melee likes this.
  8. Hello everyones. Its nice to meet you. I am Izzie. Just join so hope i will find my place here >.<

9. You can call me Cyberstrike. I'm interested in your site because it has a lot of members, and I RP on a smaller... yet somewhat similar roleplay forum. I'm interested in looking at the differences, and getting to know the members here.

10. @Izmael Greetings! :D Let me know if you have any trouble finding your feet around here. There's still quite a lot of information to take in all at once.

@Cyberstrike Welcome! We're actually pretty small too. We just happen to have a lot around for people to peruse and read. I'd be totally interested to hear about the similar game that you play. :cat: There really aren't that many forum games like their used to be these days.

11. Hi! I'm Serena. I've always wanted to try out roleplay so I suppose here's my chance. Escaping reality sounds great.

12. I'm super new. I've never done any kind of play by post, but I do roleplay alot...that's why I came here...You can call me Poison, I guess.... I assume the first thing I'll be doing is making a character, right? I liked how you can rp as almost infinite possibilities. ...help...? O-O

shriker likes this.
  13. Welcome new people! :D

14. Hello! I love pet sites, breeding sims, roleplaying games, and planet Hoth; if I could somehow combine these things in to a site, I'd be pretty happy. This looks like the closest thing to that, and its really pretty! I'm very excited to get started.

shriker and Temrin like this.
  15. @Sesamebunny Welcome, Serena! We certainly do a lot of escaping here. Do you do any reading or belong to any fandoms?

@CH3M1C4LCH3353C4K3 Sup, Poison! Yeah, first thing is to make a character. The wiki is really daunting, so try not to get swallowed up by it. If you have any questions though, we'll be happy to help. :)

@Optima Oooh, sweet. What sort of pet sites/breeding sites have you played? I'm on a couple of them and it's a genre that I've been hooked on for, uh... possibly 16 years now. Really though, how would you incorporate the planet Hoth? Have a tauntaun meat farm?

16. hello. I'm Haricka and I'm a bit of a roleplaying nerd I enjoying larping the most (: glad to be here!

17. Hi everyone !
    So to introduce myself : my name's Matthieu (Matthew for the English writing and you can call me both or even just Matt, whatever pleases you), I'm French and moved 5 months ago in the great city of London. I'm quite fluent when it comes to speak but I might make some little mistakes concerning narrating things so please be forgiving with the little froggy ;)

I've been role playing for the past 6 years now but I've always been doing it in French and I'd like now to start in the Shakespeare's language. The first two games were only pbp RPGs (one in the star wars universe and the other in a totally original one with some inspiration from 1984, Equilibrium, The Island and other things) and the two last were pbp plus some console actions, one post-apocalyptic themed and the other one based on the Zelasny's the chronicles of Amber.

About Shadowlack, I've found this site browsing the web while seeking for a rpg forum and then I found you. And I've got to admit that after a couple minutes I've been totally seduced by this completely original universe. I spent my afternoon reading the wikia and that was it. I had to register and start the adventure amongst you all (especially if we consider that I always had a thing for wolves and Lycans).

Regarding the "getting involved" part, I'm gonna start with the basis and create a character to discover the game and it's universe a bit further. But if I had to point one good skill about writing, that would be definitely World Creation. So may be I will be able to work and help you in the future, I'm always glad to give a hand when it comes to rpg forum.

Last point so, do I own pet ? Absolutely no, but that might change in a not so far future.

I think that's it, if you got any questions feel free to ask.
    Have a good morning/day/evening/night (tick the correct answer according to your time zone) !

18. Hey there, I just registered for the site. I used to love play-by-post rpgs in high school. Mainly because I love to write, building stories and developing characters. I've got free time again and really wanted to join in some more stories. Any suggestions on story gaps that need to be filled?

19. Hello my name is Pmaster665 but just call me P if you'd like
    I have played DnD before but other than that I've never played an rp like this
    I have been looking for a place to rp lately and this place seemed cool
    I stumbled upon this website and I have one cat

shriker likes this.
  20. All right here goes.

As the name indicates, I'm blind. I'm therefore interacting with this site through a screen-reader. That's a fancy program that essentially talks to me and let's me get around not using a screen. I'm very new at this, so expect errors to occure, frequently.