The Official "Introduction & Hangout" Thread

Thread in 'Hatchling Central' started by shriker, Jul 29, 2014.

1. It was sausages and pears in oil. It turned out really well and I totally recommend it! I've been meaning to make it again myself but I hardly cook any more these days D: So much of the food stood out in the first book though, I hope people keep making recipes to match!

2. Hello! I'm an avid RPGer, mostly Edge of the Empire and Dungeon World. I've never done a play by post and am interested in giving it a go with you folks.

shriker likes this.
  3. @GMStarkiller Hey! Welcome! :) It's awesome to have some more tabletop people stop by. I know a couple of my friends have been heavy into Edge of the Empire, but I don't know much about Dungeon World. How long have you been playing tabletop games for?

4. I've only been playing for about three years, but it is now my #1 hobby. Dungeon World is a fun, narrative-focused game with the flavor of DnD, without as much unessesary crunchy dice rolls and math.

@Iversia

5. So, how do we play on here?! I'd love to join a game or start one.

6. Awesome! I've been playing regular DnD for quite some time. Mostly 3.5, but also 5. I've been lucky to have a few very narrative-focused DMs as well, which has also make things much more fun. Lately I've been thinking about getting involved with either a weird west style game (Deadlands), or potentially Shadowrun (I'm kind of all about the cyberpunk).

As for starting out here? The first step is to create a character. :) You can check out the New Player Guide, and then the Character Creation Guide. Depending on the character you end up creating (or wish to create), I can give you some more advice on how to hop right on in. :)

7. Hi, guys! So...
    1.just call me GYARA.
    2.I started RP'ing a month ago over on Iwaku Roleplay.
    3. Magic x Sci-Fi= awesome.
    4. It is advertised on the bottom of the main page of Iwaku
    5.I have a cat :3
    And to all confosrd by the "a" at the end of my nickname- No, I'm not a girl. I'm a dude.

8. Hello everybody, I'm new around here but not new to RP.
    What should we call you? Aliases are fine!: You guys can call me RD, Rafa, Dark or RafaDark, it's ok to me if you wanna call me any of those.
    When and where did you first start role-playing? Is Shadowlack your first on-line play-by-post game?: I started Role-Playing in IwakuRoleplay.
    Tell us what part(s) of Shadowlack interest you, and where you would like to get involved:
    I would like to get involved in almost anything in this site, i get an interest in almost anything...
    How did you find out about Shadowlack?: In IwakuRoleplay "Affiliates", it looked cool and i was right.
    I think that's it...oh and my grammar is not too good but i try to make it better...

9. Hey there @RafaDark! It's nice to have yet another new face. ^_^ You should be all good to create a character now too.

10. @Iversia thanks for the welcome and about the char, I've done one just now...

11. @RafaDark Ooh, awesome, awesome! Do you have any further ideas (or goals) for your character, or need some help starting out?

12. In the moment, no, i just need a little time to adjust my time in this site to my schedule...and then I'm good to RP.

shriker likes this.
  13. @Iversia, can you help on my char? Now that i have a little time, i wanna finish it...

14. @RafaDark Sure thing! What all would you like help with? Maybe character motives/goals?

15. Yeah, i just don't have much idea what to do...Sorry for the delay.

16. I've made a bit of my char, but don't know what to do on continue making it...

17. @RafaDark

Not a problem, this is what I'm good for. :) Have you stumbled upon the Blades of Dynir yet? It sounds to me like your character's teacher could have been a member (or even a ranking Elder) of the Blades at some point. A few related places to that would be the Temple of Dynir as well as Dhruv as a whole. Dhruv isn't nearly as fleshed out as some of the other countries on the planet Ramath-lehi, but it has some huge potential.

RafaDark likes this.
  18. No, i didn't knew about the Blades of Dynir, but it sounds good to the teacher, he could be an corrupted knight of the Blades of Dynir.

19. And about Dhruv, you think it should be the place where my char history begins?

shriker likes this.
  20. @RafaDark

Oh, he totally could be an old corrupted knight. :)

Dhruv would be a pretty good place to start. Bhim is also a really good fallback for when a character is into more or less, illegal activities and darker arts. So perhaps he grew up in an orphanage in Dhruv, met his teacher there, etc., but then later on went to haunt Bhim once he found that Dhruv couldn't offer him anything more.

RafaDark likes this.