The Official "Introduction & Hangout" Thread

Thread in 'Hatchling Central' started by shriker, Jul 29, 2014.

1. well all i have to say is that its the greatest forum that i have been to in all my life, the story is great and the info is really useful but the only sad part is that over 9 races there is only 8 playable ones... but if i cant be it its ok and ive made up my mind about what character i should build. oh and i just noticed here the Drafts saves as we write, awesome :P well cant wait to be accepted so im waiting :)
    see ya and good night

Joey

shriker likes this.
  2. The autosaving drafts are one of my favourite things. :) As for that ninth race, it'll be playable soon enough. I'm still working on a plot that will integrate and introduce them to the entire setting as playable races. (Dun dun dun!)

3. now i have to say that i have difficulties writing stuff because im being ADD R***D
    sorry for that i couldn't control my self... it pisses me off because i cant find a free way to get out of this problem... oh well back to the library I go... sorry in advance if im not that active... you know computer problems.

4. hey! i'm lotte. i've been an on-again/off-again member of this site since the mid-2000s under different aliases, and idk what changed but after going like 4 years without roleplaying, i got the itch again.

shriker likes this.
  5. @lotte Hey! Welcome back. :) Gosh, ah... quite a lot has changed in the past four years or so. I'm not quite sure where to begin. If there's anything that is confusing though, please let me know. I've been trying to rework all of the guides in recent years so that they're a lot friendlier (and they still need some work).

6. cool! i can't wait to get started making a character. the boards seem kinda quiet though! do you do any advertising for RaL? do you still call it RaL or shadowlack now? :3

7. People still call it RaL. :) There really hasn't been much advertising as of late. I think we've all kind of withdrawn a bit and focused more on world building, which is a little bit of a shame. It'd be nice to breathe a little more new life back into the place. ^_^

8. I remember you! Welcome back :)

shriker likes this.
  9. Aloha everyone :D

Been meaning to sign up and get my feet wet here for quite some time. Have participated in play by posting role play before and enjoy the format. Right now I'm reading as much as I can here at the wiki and will get started in creating a character soon.

shriker likes this.
  10. @Phuturism Hello and welcome! You're just in time for our NaNoWriMo event. :D

Try not to overload too much on the information here. It can be a little difficult to try to take it all in. What kind of play by post games have you played before?

Phuturism likes this.
  11. Welcome to Shadowlack, Phuturism! Be sure to ask any questions that might come to mind while reading, we're doing are best to try and clean everything up these days and make it understandable :)

Phuturism likes this.
    • What should we call you? Aliases are fine! Chromi.
    • When and where did you first start roleplaying? Is Shadowlack your first online play-by-post game? Myspace.
    • Tell us what part(s) of Shadowlack interest you, and where you would like to get involved. The beautiful layout and community. I just want to rp.
    • How did you find out about Shadowlack? I was just surfing RPG sites.
    • Do you have any pets? Yes! Dozens.

shriker likes this.
  12. Welcome @Chromivale! Please tell me about your pets! I love it when people share details about their zoos.

13. Hello, I'm Monkshood. Been meaning to join this place for a while but never got around to it. I have experience with posting role play sites and other forms of RPG.

14. Hey @Monkshood! Welcome! What genre of roleplaying game was it that got you started?

15. Fantasy mainly but also some post apocalyptic/sci fi as well as horror.

16. Ooh, nice. Care to share some of your favourite fantasy books or movies?

17. Lies of Locke Lamora, wise mans fear, the black company, skin hunger, and the black prism to name a few books. As for movies I mainly watch anime but the dark crystal and pans labyrinth both come to mind.

shriker likes this.
  18. Hey Monkshood, welcome to Shadowlack =D I just started reading the Lie of Locke Lamora series this year, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the rest. I also once made one of the food dishes mentioned in the book because it sounded so delicious xD

19. Thank you for the welcome. It took me forever to catch up on the series myself since my local bookstore doesn't stock it unfortunately. That's really cool though. What was the dish?