The Official "Introduction & Hangout" Thread

Thread in 'Hatchling Central' started by shriker, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Welcome to the club @Roijin! Feel free to ask any questions here, or poke us on Discord. ^_^

2. I usually write Harry Potter, but I have a few others at the moment . . . specifically a Battlestar Galactica / Star Trek: Voyager fanfic I absolutely love. I haven't updated in a while, though - been focusing on my BBC Sherlock / Harry Potter crossover, with my Garth Nix (Abhorsen) / Harry Potter crossover as a back up for when I get writers block.

3. Hello there! I just found about the game on Google and decided to join in.

I'm Muttien, I love text-based RPGs, but it's been a while since I've played one. I like the possibilities they bring in terms of creation and creativity. I'm also a LGBT person, so seing the disclaimer about this being a safe place was great.

I'm a "her", have two cats and English is not my first language, so I apologize already for any mistakes!

shriker likes this.
  4. @Muttien Welcome to Shadowlack! Your English is very good. You do not need to apologize! We encourage learning. :)

What are your favourite text-based RPGs?

5. I loved playing Zork and I've played Sindome for a while as well. Right now I'm really into Choice of Games various games :)

shriker likes this.
  6. I'm SoulWanderer anyone can call me Soul or just wanderer whichever you prefer. I'm a very casual RPer heck you might even say im a total beginner. I was just wandering around in the net when i encountered this site so here i am. Very exited where this will take me!

shriker likes this.
  7. meet people be friendly take time to know the game

8. hi im lunar i have 1 pet named nova i found out about this game by a friend so im excited what will come here

9. hi i,m nyximous you can call me nyx for short though and i'm new too.

10. Great to meet both of you! Let me know if you're interested in adventuring together, or even doing a completely social thread. My character, Ashandra, does a fair bit of traveling, and I'm always looking for others to post with!

11. hi im knew please help me get around. thanks

12. Welcome to Shadowlack, laizytail! Let me know if you have any specific questions about the site, or about play-by-post roleplaying in general!

13. Hey folks, I felt inclined to re-create my Shadowlack/Ramath-Lehi account. I guess maybe for nostalgia sake if nothing else. I hope you are all doing well!

shriker likes this.
  14. @JTCC Welcome back to the fray! :rapine:

JTCC likes this.
  15. Hello! I'm Artemis, aka Art (Arty, etc, whatever nickname you want). They/them pronouns. I've been roleplaying since I started on a long-defunct virtual pet site in... I think 2002? Good heavens I feel old now.

Shadowlack interests me because WORLDBUILDING SCIENCE FANTASY and frankly that sums it all up. I don't know if I'll end up creating any characters of my own, but I'm certainly keen to poke around and watch things evolve. (In a perfect world I'd love to be writing/rping for it, but I do have to watch my time between other sites and work.)

I... found it via an affiliate... OH I hopped from Dawn to wolf-rpg to shadowlack. I was attracted by the cartoony little guy on the affiliate banner. :D

I have one pet she is a beagle/coonhound mix named Patches Maria and she's gonna be 16 on this easter sunday :heart:33

Mellonin and shriker like this.
  16. Welcome to the site, Artemis! Things are a little slow moving around here, but I'm sure you'll find your niche and have a great time nonetheless!

Artemis likes this.
  17. Hello i am a design and a GM and I've been looking for some sort of set up for my game character sheet wise.. etc etc.. nice site you have btw very impuressed.

18. @LauraP Heey! Welcome. Most of us are hanging out on Discord these days if you care to join us. Though you may be confused - we're an original world setting, and not a character sheet template provider.