The Official "Introduction & Hangout" Thread

Thread in 'Hatchling Central' started by shriker, Jul 29, 2014.

1. @Tartaros
    Yeaaaah. Life has gotten in the way in a lot of people's cases but there are still lots of lurkers. You never know! You might find some people just like you looking for a roleplay. I'd suggest looking at the "game-related" sub forum and check out some of the topics there and start your own if you haven't already, to look for people :D

2. Hey I am new here, and I kinda like how this place looks, though I am not sure whether to go with Aquabat or Yki for when I make a char. Do you have any advice on choosing a Race?

shriker likes this.
  3. @Mikori Welcome! I'd pick what interests you the most. :) Aquabats are cool because they have the entirety of Ramath-lehi's oceans at their disposal. Not to mention the absolutely beautiful underwater city, Aurius.

Yki are great if you're interested in a more tribal and traditional race, but don't want to go quite as far as the Takula. It's also really cool to come from a place (Dhruv), where their motto is "Land of none." It's a harsh place, but the Yki survive!

4. Greetings!
    I suppose I'm just a drifting wanderer, for lack of a better term. I'm EnigmaticBird and I've happened to stumble across this site by accident. I'm assuming it's a roleplaying site, so I can proudly say I've been roleplaying for more then eight years- though.. some parts of those 'eight years' I wouldn't really count as valid. My days of one-liners are long since over. For random facts; my favorite color is the hexcode #7C90FF, and did you know there's a bird species known as the Killdeer who lead predators away from their nests by pretending to have a limp wing?
    I'm dyslexic and I hoard bird facts. I occasionally art realistically(typically sticking to horses and felines.. haven't yet figured out how to feather.), though I sometimes dabble inbetween with cartoonism and pixel art. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but in the very least, I'll roll with it for now.

shriker likes this.
  5. @EnigmaticBird Awesome! Welcome! :) :music: I think I vaguely recall that about the killdeer... but I'd forgotten the name of the bird itself.

What do you make your pixel art in? I've been meaning to get back into it now that I have a new portable machine. Also, please, please feel free to share your art around here. Quite a few of use draw or otherwise create around here. ^_^

6. I guess I can do Aquabat, but I do have one more question. Whatever happened to the In Character part of the site? It's been untouched since February.

7. @Mikori We are terrible, terrible roleplayers. :P Nah, not really. Just a lot of us are all over the place right now, and much of focus has been shifted to the world building aspect of the site.

I'm around to roleplay at any time though. :)

8. Hello. I from Russia :) Interested this PBP game

9. Hello hello! Welcome aboard!

10. Yo, uh, I'm new obviously, uhm, is smut stuff allowed??

11. 1. Don't really care
    2. Omniverse earlier this year
    3. I'm just testing the site first so I don't really have an opinion
    4. an RPG site that has voting
    5. 2 dogs

• What should we call you? Please call me Laurelai when OOC :)
    • When and where did you first start roleplaying? Is Shadowlack your first online play-by-post game? I started about 13 years ago on play-by-post forum-based site (now extinct - sad). Also a chat-based play by post game (myrealms.net) which is still around.
    • Tell us what part(s) of Shadowlack interest you, and where you would like to get involved. I would really love to just start really developing a character and making beautiful posts that move forward plots. I also like that it is an original world.
    • How did you find out about Shadowlack? Affiliate link from myrealms.net
    • Do you have any pets? Two rescue kittens - Bubba (orange tabby) and Jenny (calico)

12. Hello! I'm a person, one of the female type, who boasts an enjoyment of the writing kind. I've poked at Shadowlack in the past but never really settled down - I hope to change that now, because I'm in a more interesting brainspace. I just wanted to say salutations to all of you fine folks.

13. @Laurelai Already answered all sorts of questions for you on Discord, but welcome! I'm hoping you share photos of your cats sometime. :D I love calicos.

@zombilicious Allo! What parts of the internet do you hail from?

14. @Shriker, I hail from various regions! In this case, I come from 'Souls, but I can be found on a variety of MUDs (for those who MUD) because I just enjoy writing. Excited to start poking around at lore and whatnot.

shriker likes this.
  15. Wow! I last posted on here in 2015 and I must've gotten distracted by something (probably life). I'm back again, nice to see you all!

shriker likes this.
  16. Before I start, I would love to ask if the wonderful staffers of this beautifully made site, if they could please correct my username. It was suppose to be just Lullaby. I messed up without looking xD

Anyways, hello darlings. I go by the name Lullaby, I have for a rather long time now though I have gone by many names, from Illusions to Whiskey. Lullaby has served me very well, so I would love to keep it. :heart: I am a twenty-six year old woman that decorates cakes for a living as well as scorekeeping adult league hockey. If you ask me for pictures of my cakes I will supply them. YOu will soon know me as the woman that will never stop talking about my two fur children. My first one is Neo—yes from the matrix—he is an eight year old cat I found as a tiny, tiny kitten. I love him to death. Then there is my little girl, Dax—her name is from star trek ds9—she is my husky girl. Ask for pictures and I will provide them as well!

I have been roleplaying since I was just seven years old, on Neopets! That makes it eighteen years, now how is that possible? Anyways I have adult ADHD so I might be a bit scatterbrained and have a rather large tendency to have manic moments!

Anyways, hi!

shriker likes this.
  17. @Lullaby Fixed that for you! Hello and welcome. :)

What part of Neopets do you hail from?