Steam Game Recommendations

Thread in 'General Chat' started by shriker, Sep 23, 2014.

1. One of the cool things about Steam's latest update is that the Shadowlack group now gets to be a curator.

Are there any particular games that you think that Shadowlack players would also enjoy? Am I missing something crucial? Let me know!

http://store.steampowered.com/curator/2242875/

2. Dust: An Elysian Tail feels like a perfect fit~

Atryx10 and shriker like this.
  3. @Celuvix Novox Ooh, nice. I haven't played that one, but I did watch someone play. Care to write a 152 characters or less recommendation for it?

4. If you like brutal, twisted and sick then The Binding of Isaac (but possibly wait for the remake that will be out soon)
    Brutal Legend builds an amazingly rich and fun world with some pretty great (metal) music.
    Excellent and satisfying gameplay: Hotline Miami, Mark of the Ninja, Fez, Braid, Limbo
    Interesting narrative/adventure games: Dear Esther, Gone Home, The Walking Dead, The Longest Journey
    Things to play with friends: Left 4 Dead 2 (almost always on sale), Dota 2 (free), (you've already got Borderlands), Trine (both the original and 2), Rayman Origins
    RPGs: Shadowrun Returns, and you seem to have a lot of the others that I'd recommend.

If you think you'd like to add any of these to the list and want me to write a summary for them just let me know.

shriker likes this.
  5. If you like difficult games, Salt and Sanctuary is what you seek.
    It's basically Dark Souls, but in 2d, and more difficult.

6. Cool stuff! I'm glad to see you have Ori and the Blind Forest listed. I played that game a couple months ago and thought it seemed like a "Shadowlack" type of game.

There is another game I played a while back that has a character that reminds me of a pendragon. The character Vicar Amelia from Bloodborne transforms into a antlered werewolf. Really awesome concept art. You can see an example in the link below.

https://www.zerochan.net/2543653

7. Okami might be a good game to add to the list. You play as a wolf named Ammy who is trying to banish evil from the world. Check out the trailer below. Its a good game with around a 90ish rating on metacritic.

8. I can only think of one game that others may really enjoy, but isn't on Steam. Fe. Takes a little learning at first how things work, but that's just part of the game. I played it during the '1 month of Free Origin Access' that was given to all members back in December. It's also a game that could EASILY have additional /written/ content, for those who like to write, here on Shadowlack. (Fan stories)

9. Ah cool, I watched the trailer. It sort of makes me think of a game called "Journey".