Staff Re-evaluation

Thread in 'General Chat' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There have been some rather huge changes made today regarding staff members at Ramath-lehi. Stormwing is now Ramath-lehi's co-leader/owner, so she's going to be able to help out a lot with what I do around here as well. Yay.

What we did pretty much was "up the bar" regarding staff member requirements. Staff members who have been inactive and just not involved as much as they should be have been removed. Our main criteria for staff members is activity and involvement.

For the staff members that have been bumped out of their positions - if you up your activity, you will be the first to be reconsidered for a staff position once more. At the moment there are several staff positions open. However, you cannot "apply" for them anymore. The staff application form is going to be removed shortly and all future staff members are going to be hand-picked. So if you are interested in becoming a staff member, you must be an active, involved, reliable, and helpful member.

The Game Master title, and Assistant Game Masters have also been obliterated. They've been replaced by new a new ranking system:

Planetary Leaders :pl:
    The Planetary Leaders are exactly what they sound like — the overseers of the IC and OOC world and forums. They are responsible for the website design, coding, layouts, and upkeep. They also deal with character issues, as well as administrate the forums. In general, the Leaders keep the game running smoothly. If there is a question or an issue that no other staff member can resolve, they can probably clear it. They have the final say on all plots that take place, and are reponsible for the ranking and dealings of member groups.

Planetary Ambassadors :pa:
    The Planetary Ambassador is a step below the Leaders. He or she is responsible for not only maintaining order and moderating the game, but they are also expected to be an official representative off our own website. Their duty is to find places to advertise, as well as find other games with which to affiliate. The reputation of the game rests on their shoulders, and they are expected to be active, involved, honest, charismatic, and friendly. It is an extreme honor to be given this position, and it is a large responsibility for its holder.

Southwestern Diplomats :sw: & Northeastern Delegates :ne:
    The Southwestern Diplomats are responsible for the plotting and maintenance of the Southern and Western hemispheres. The Northeastern Delegates are responsible for the plotting and maintenance of the Northern and Eastern hemispheres. All the "teammates" must work together with the other people in their group to organize IC plots, as well as monitor and moderate the forums. These two groups are completely equal, and are simply responsible for separate hemispheres.

2. I guess you either didn't like my sluggish planning or my singing :P

Anyways, I'll still continue the planning I had idealed even with the changes in place, but does simply things....in a way, I'm not completely sure about.

3. Sounds easy enough to remember, the planetary leaders are the ones who run the show, ambassadors expand the "colony" and the diplomats and delegates make plots and such for us norms. Good aye, simple and effective, nice work! Lets hope we get some big plots goin here!

4. Oooh... fear me as I take over the world and... stuff... not really... Yay for being the all-powerful sidekick thingme, though. See, this is me pretending I didn't know until I saw this news post... pbbt, RIGHT...

Yeah, it's a pretty simplistic staff layout. The Diplomats and Delegates are sort of like the Game Masters, but nobody's assigned a very specific area, and they have to work together as teams now. Ah, yes, I gave birth to this brilliant, marvelous, incredibly awesome idea; it is my fetus and I will pickle it and keep it in a jar on top of my monitor. I'm going to STFU and GTFO now.

Oh, and Xia - keep up the plannin'! If you maintain a good level of activity, involvement, and reliability, you stand a good chance or being bumped back onto this crazy space bandwagon. Although why you'd want to be on it, is unknown... lol.

Sometime soon, the :sw:'s will stop shining and the :pl: will come out, and all the pretty :pa:'s will bloom... awww, picture stories!

5. You and those fetus...I thought of give you some glass polish and decorative jars that Okkie fetus for your b-day, but I thought "Nah, she won't like it" :P

Don't count on it...I'm slow as molesses in the Mia, lol.

6. *Tis afraid of picture stories, cause they require brain power to interpret* o.O Meh, fetus or none, tis still a good idea, although nothing should be kept in a jar... Thats just cruel -__-^

7. I'm interested in becoming a Southwestern Diplomat because of my skills as working in teams ^^. I also really wish to help Ramath-lehi. I need to wait for my account to be 90 days old before I apply. Perhaps I might in the future.

:] I have something to strive for now, which is excellent because I love to work :]

8. *ahem ahem* *poke*

9. Oops! I am very sorry for that mistake. I will become those things ^^;

I feel very stupid right now X_x

10. :blink: Ookay, the GM, GD and AGM thing only just came into play, lol. I think the idea's a good one, specifically the application abolishment. This way it'll be more special (:

Yup yup, great idea! :P

11. That set-up wasn't working as well as we would have liked, so we decided to try something new, instead. ^__^

12. Yeah. :] The GMs were a little too isolated it seemed. They were a good idea in theory... but really it was all too much work for one person to handle in their spare time. So hopefully this will be easier. Teamwork = awesome.

13. I love the idea of people working together. It also allows to have much more work done, more fun, and more idea's!

^^

14. yes, it does indeed, although i must say this.....

WOP!

heh, but i do think this is a brilliant idea!

15. Since I'm the only Southwestern Diplomat, I guess I've got a lot more stuff cut out for me. X_X" Should change soon, but it looks as if I have a LOT more moderating to do until then.

So I'm responsible for Trilok, Bhim, Borios, and Notios. <_<" I shall do my bestest! Now I have a way to plot in BIG areas.

*feels all special being the only one with a Blue Star ^ ^*

16. lol, don't worry. It won't stay that way for long. Kat and I are going to be helping you out as well. :D

17. If you ever need any idea's i'm also here ^^ Kanada has inspired me very much. You have so much rain, it's given me the idea of a massive storm hitting the sea's.

And besides, Shiriker & Stormwing are amazing and would love to help you ^^

18. Aww this stinks... i was looking forward to being you assistant GM skylink >.< *crys of into the corner* no that i really thinkk i could have done anything but i was really willing to help you out! >.< T_________T

Well, i wasn't to sure about being an admin-like-person but i was willing to try ^^; oh well ^^ whatever ^^ i need to go start some RP... i'm bored >.<

Did the "Overall top ten posters" get demolished too? (cuz i looked and it didn't work... >.< )

19. Yes, i gets help from t3h 1337 moderators. lol Thanks. I'll be needing it when I come back. Since it'll be so much stuff I missed. Unless I find a computer in Denver next week... >_>

lol Crystal. Just keep being you and you might get picked. <_< then again you might not ">_>

and the overall thing is gone. But if you look at the members list I think you can sort it out by post number.

20. *chuckles* heh yip ^^

well thats a bummer its gone >.< oh well ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.