Staff Positions / Black Shuck

Thread in 'Announcements' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay guys! Staff Applications for the Character Application Team and Content Editor positions are currently closed. I've got quite the nice pile of them to sort through now. We might have a few new staff members by the end of the week, unless I end up getting, you know, swamped.

http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6201Ramathian Artist</a> applications are still open. I didn't get as many applications as I wanted, which was pretty surprising. Specially considering so many of you are talented. :) So I'm going to leave the application up for the time being.

I'm also going to take a moment to address a question that's been raised several times now in regards to all of the positions. I've had several people approach me and ask just "how much/many" time/drawings/writing/ideas/etc. that they would have to contribute to the site on a weekly basis.

If these were paid positions, my expectations would be significantly higher. However, these are volunteer positions. All I'm asking is a little bit of your time every once in a while. Even if it's just coming up with one thing a month. Just something is better than nothing, right? The atmosphere at Ramath-lehi is pretty lax, and I like to keep it that way. So there are no "deadlines" on projects and freedom is pretty much guaranteed. All I want is some contribution. If you have any other questions, let me know.

~

Black Shuck

Just posting a notice here since I know that at least a quarter of you have alpha testing accounts over at http://blackshuck.netBlack Shuck</a>.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that all the coding regarding jobs has been finished. (My favourite job title at the moment has to be "Personal Space Invader.") Each day you login, you get paid your job salary... so if you haven't been visiting the site, you've been missing out.

If you haven't got a Shuck account, send an email with your Ramath username to:
    [​IMG]
    I'll hit you up with a registration ticket. ;)

I also stuck up some http://public.blackshuck.net/Public Forums</a> that are completely separate from the rest of the Black Shuck site (different database, location, etc.). I also just copied and pasted the progress tracker from the private forums and posted it there... so you can see how far along that site is. It's starting to smell like a freshly baked banana muffin. :muffin:

2. Regarding Black Shuck, I'm pretty sure I've been in it before. But it seems that I've forgotten which username I played. Is there a way to find a lost username?

3. For the artists, what would you want us to do? Would you be assigning us things you want done? Or would we just draw, whatever and give them to you? Personally, i would like to know what you need done so then i have direction in what I'm doing XD (If i et one of the positions i mean. I'm just curious as to what we would be doing. ^^)

4. If you know what email address you signed up with, I could let you know the username. I can't seem to find a username with the address you used for Ramath though.

As for artists, primarily it'd just be a free reign sort of thing. You'd be allowed to work on just about whatever you want. I could make a list of things that I'd like done, and provide some direction if you want that sort of thing. :) Pretty much what I'm really looking to do is just get more art on the site, specially in the flora and fauna database, though there are many pages that wouldn't mind having an illustration of some sort.

5. I only use two addresses, one would be &mdash; and the other &mdash;

If there isn't any, *strange mysterious voice* then I guess my username has been eaten by the unknown

Edit: Just took out the email addresses so they don't get picked up by spambots. ~Shriker

6. Ah, yeah. Doesn't look like it's in the database. I'll send a new ticket your way. :)

7. Thanks for helping me figure out what my user name was :P
    Can't wait for more updates on it :D

8. You know, now that I've run through it, it kinda reminds me of another RPG simulation, Legends of The Green Dragon (I believe it's called that) which now cease to exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.