SppL

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Leech, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good luck, you!

2. heres my recap on how we did.

The SPPL's Official Paint was Draxxus Blaze, which was a Pink fill. I said to the guy selling the paint, "By the end of this event, everyone is going to be very pretty." Heres a overview of my time at the SPPL.

Friday-
    Jason and I arrive at Hells Survivors Paintball field, the first members of the Heretics there, and the first team to arrive. Matt from the Great Lakes Rangers (who ended up placing the second in the event, and we think are some truely awesome ballers.) showed us the fields we were playing on and gave us some awesome tips on how to play the very treachourus fields. I mean these were TREACHOURUS. Constant cliffs to climb, huge pits, huge slopes. It made me brown my pants a bit, these fields were frightening, but fun to play on. The rest of the team then showed up and we showed them the fields and all began our final tactics on how to use the fields on our first game. We knew that each team we will be playing this toury has played here before, we must learn to adapt quick. Luckly, it wasnt exactly about winning each match, which does help, but points make your rank.

Saturday-
    Game one... Heretics vs Shadow Force.
    Our first game was on the Mastersfield, which had huge holes to drop into, cliffs, and such. Shadow Force was a fast team, and knew the field already. We broke out aiming to give them hell, but they had mostly entrenched already where we wanted to go. My squad and I wanted to take the swing base, but we couldnt move up to it, for we were under a small hill, taking fire. We eventually found ourselves one of the 3 props (each worth a set amount of points) and took the swing base for a brief amount of time. But it was not enough to win.
    Heretics(73) vs. Shadow Force(145)

Game two... Heretics vs Adrenline A-team
    Our second game was possibly the most fun game of paintball i have ever played of paintball in my life. It was intense, stressful, yet GREAT. On the break my squad and a couple others moved up to the swing and took it within This was on a different field, that was a slow but gradual hill. 30 seconds. I took position on a road up to the swing that the enemies were coming from and shot one of the two guys up. He managed to get me with a lucky shot though, but the second guy thought there would be more of us, so he ran off.
    The other team eventually came up on us and took our base, and when we respawned we had to fight them off and get our flag back. We had also lost the swing eventually during that time, which we got back real quick and kept. We had only found one prop that game which we used to get the swing back. They kept trying to pressure us, but we managed to hold them back then, me surpruise attacking like 3 guys, then the rest of us reall giving a defense. We honestly thought we won that game, but we lost in a very close match to the other team.
    Heretics(106) vs. Adrenaline A-Team(149)

That night we were all still in great spirits, and glad we were playing and having fun, amd were really already improving our game.

Sunday-
    Heretics vs Malignant Force
    This game was alright. I wish we had gotten the one prop that was near us, cause if we had, we would have won it. Two of the props where over near the other teams side of the field. We managed to hold the swing most of the game and our base didnt have a single enemy near it, we kept Malignant force in their part of the field, and pressed them hard. But cause of them getting two props, we lost once more.
    Heretics(105) vs. Malignant Force(130)

We placed 9th.
    heres the rest of the rankings.

1 Smart Corps 642
    2 Great Lakes Rangers 629
    3 BC Army 568
    4 Adrenaline 559
    5 Great Balls O'Fire 449
    6 GTF AllStars 366
    7 Shadow Force 331
    8 Failure -Flatline 321
    9 Heretics 284
    10 C.P.C 265
    11 S8R / Palehorse 246
    12 Gideon Force 230
    13 Delta Ops 215
    14 Malignant Force 204
    15 RagTag 185
    16 ZeroPoint 65

We left feeling great about ourselves, our first time out there and we did better then a bunch of the teams who haved played there before, and most of our team has only been playing together for a year. We left with a big smile knowing we had fun, and next year we would do so much better.

www.hereticspaintball.com

3. Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun. And I never had any idea of how much there was to the game till I checked out your website. Congrats for doing so well for your first year in the Challenge.

I've always wanted to try paint balling, but I haven't had the chance yet, just laser tag.

-Played as Jonas Quinn at Stargate Mini-Scenario (Fox Valley 2005). <- Way cool xD

4. Great job. This entire paintball field sounds absolutely fantastic. It sounds like you did just fine considering your circumstances though. =p

5. Just short of Top Half X| Still.. sounds pretty awesome though. I always wanted to do paintball but it's kinda like.. playing DDR for me. I'd have to practice by myself, because playing it with a whole bunch of other experienced people will just make me look stupid in front of everyone else.

6. nah, sky. to get good you gotta play with peeps.

7. I agree with Dan, Dave x) In paintballing it's your ability against someone else's. Training by yourself only allows you to improve how well you physically hide and how accurate you can become. To be good at paintballing, you'd need to develop strategies that work in different scenarios. Teamwork and communication are key elements in being good.

Well done Dan ^^, it sounds like you had immense fun. Hardcore nutter =P

8. it was a lot of fun. For one thing, we are not the same team that had left Chicago to go to the SPPL. We came back as another team. Back home, we have allot of friend teams and allies and such in Illinois but none of them wanted to go to SPPL. Why? Cause they had nothing to gain and everything to lose. The SPPL is nothing anyone would expect their first time out, exspecially with such treachourus fields.

If out here, one of our allies who was been known to rock Big games, Scenarios, and such goes there and gets rocked, they lose all their credibility. The once popular team, thats been seen on the TV news, talked about in some magazines, and such lose everything that had them going and known.

Us, as a new team with almost no real credibility had everything to gain. And we did gain. We are deffinatley a stronger team then before now. Much stronger, ready to rock our local fields.

9. Now for some of the pics.

To start, this is just one pimp pic and its on my myspace profile pic now.
    [​IMG]

....dont ask about this one.
    [​IMG]

all of the team at SPPL. There Heretic's!
    [​IMG]

My squad and I as we are about to re-insert.
    [​IMG]

Frank.
    [​IMG]

Frank Again.
    [​IMG]

Brandon
    [​IMG]

Brandon Again.
    [​IMG]

Kevin.
    [​IMG]

Kevin Again.
    [​IMG]

Kevin AGAIN.
    [​IMG]

George (who guested on our team to be our 10th man! He rocked!)
    [​IMG]

jason.
    [​IMG]

The Snipers, Tony and Ken.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats all of them folks!

10. Not a bad looking group =D It appears you all have similar goggles.. and is that an APEX barrel mod on Kevin's? I've seen one before but not in action. I hear they're superior pieces to buy. My brother just got a fan to clip on the inside of his goggles. It works like a dream. I think it may be about time I get my own set >> It was uncomfortable yesterday.

So yeah, congratulations again. Big events like these do have an impact on you o.~

11. yes, 4 of us now own the Vforce Grill, kevins got a Vforce Vantage, and Todd has a Vforce Profiler. We are trying to get a Vforce Sponsorhip for they make awesome Goggles.

And kevin does indeed use the Apex, and it rocks.

12. What're the major differences between the Grill, Vantage and Profiler?

13. The Vantage has the least vision radius. It has a narrow lense, and it is a rather hard to breath in mask. its alright for one thing, its not bad. I have a pair myself. I like it for it has possibly the best comfort foam that does not get all prickly and stiff when you sweat. its real cheap too, 20 bux. I like it, i just wish it had a decent thermal lense.

The Profiler used to be Vforce's top of the line mask, and it still is seen commly among players. Top of the line thermal lenses, the lense is known as the bug eye (juts out sphereicly like a bugs eye, so its great for people with glasses, good ventilation, and is realy comfy. Foam could be better though, and its a little too snug.)

The Grill is the top of the line mask now for Vforce, released this year. It takes the over sized lense of the Profiler and trims down its size to be more natural to a humans eyes. its comfy, light weight, has added bounce protection built into it, and is all out pimp. Its easy to clean, switch lenses, take out the strap, and all that greatness. Allot of people are buying it and it's clear why. i bought mine at the SPPL and Im so happy. Its for the ILLEST! *gangsta*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.