Space Travel?

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Suda, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but I've been looking around the site for twenty minutes at least without finding anything.

To what degree does space travel exist? Is the technology more advanced, or about the same level as on earth? Would someone with a space operations trade do more or less what a modern-day astronaut does?

2. It would be a bit closer to sci-fi, I believe... You'll have to wait for Jods to get a more specific answer, though.

3. Space travel is something that I've been meaning to expand more upon. Ramathians are fully capable of space travel and their technology is much more advanced than that of Earth's. Faster than light travel is also possible.

If you're looking for some sort of sci-fi movie equivalent, I'd say that Ramath-lehi is somewhere in between Blade Runner and the Asgard in the Stargate series. There's a lot of very polished and advanced technology, but there are a few darker elements to it. All ships must have at least two power sources. The majority of newer ships run primarily on Fronima, since it's a clean energy source with no (visible) side effects.

The Space Operations trade, like many of the other trades, is purposely quite vague. Someone with that trade could act as a freighter pilot, moving cargo between Ramath-lehi and its moons, or even be involved with more fantastical "deep space" missions. They could also even be a member of the Ramathian military, the USR. Heck, if you really wanted, you could play an intergalactic bounty hunter. If you have any other questions, let me know, as it is a very underdeveloped area on the site at the moment.

4. ok NOW i'm interested in ramath-lehi space travel.

you really need to develop this new area shriker.

(thou the threads might be really long)

5. Speaking of space. Do the ramathians have orbital stations or colonies?

6. Orbital stations — yep. The largest and most active space station of theirs is in Scatranis, which is somewhat of an asteroid belt.

Colonies — sort of. So far they have colonized two out of three of their moons (Xabu & Cussla). The third one (Lelres) was partially destroyed during one of their first colonization attempts, and is currently uninhabitable. Colonizing other planets has been discussed, but none so far have been successful.

7. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker @ Jun 30 2008, 07:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Orbital stations &mdash; yep. The largest and most active space station of theirs is in Scatranis, which is somewhat of an asteroid belt.

Colonies &mdash; sort of. So far they have colonized two out of three of their moons (Xabu & Cussla). The third one (Lelres) was partially destroyed during one of their first colonization attempts, and is currently uninhabitable. Colonizing other planets has been discussed, but none so far have been successful. </td></tr></table>
    The colonization of another planet would be a good idea for a series of plots... A good worldwide plot with a temporary/new setting would be excellent. :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.