Snowbound

Thread in 'Ramathian Scrolls' started by Ignis, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timestamp: Dyo 47, 81381
    Characters: http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1423Sage</a> and http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1417Thyme</a>
    A Quick History: Sage came and got Thyme from school to go and see their family back on Sucam Island. It's cold. Thyme's boyfriend Qyth came too.

<span style='color:yellow'>"See? It's fine"</span> Sage said, folding his arms and staring down his nose at his little brother. Thyme stood in the snow, his green goggles tugged down over his eyes to protect them from the wind and cold. He glared through them at Sage, who merely grinned. <span style='color:yellow'>"Look kid, its fun!"</span>

<span style='color:green'>"It's cold" </span>Thyme pointed out<span style='color:green'> "I don't like it."</span>

<span style='color:yellow'>"Hell, you were born here!" </span>Sage cried <span style='color:yellow'>"You've gone soft with all that time in the warm climate."</span>

<span style='color:green'>"You came here before me" </span>Thyme wined, his voice shriller then he meant it to be <span style='color:green'>"You've got your nice warm fur back. I don't."</span> It was true. Sage's fur was long and thick where as Thyme's was thinner. The smaller 'dragon was dressed in a thick, fur-lined coat to keep out the chill. Sage wore nothing but a pair of loose pants that were easy to move in.

<span style='color:yellow'>"Yeah, whatever"</span> Sage said, looking out at the vast, empty landscape <span style='color:yellow'>"Where'd your boy toy go?"</span>

2. Qyth stood not far away immobile. He was of the desert, an arid climate with scorching temperatures. So naturally he was fuckin' cold.<span style='color:blue'>"U-u-u-u-u-u-uhhh-hhhh, c-c-can we p-perhaps-s go ins-side?"</span>

Qyth wore thick, fur-lined pants, a downy coat, mittens knitted by Uka in after class, and a hat with flaps that went down to his neck -- and it still didn't keep the cold out enough.

He shivered again.

3. Sage stared at Qyth, then started laughing. <span style='color:yellow'>"HeÂ’s a wimp"</span> the taller 'dragon told his brother <span style='color:yellow'>"Wow, you have bad taste."</span>

Thyme turned slowly, his black eyes cold and lifeless. He blinked, stared, and then as quick as breathing, uncoiled one fist from his hip and slammed Sage straight in the nose. Sage yelped and stumbled backwards into the snow, blood dripping slowly from his muzzle where he had bitten his tongue and Thyme had made his nose bleed. He swore nastily and stood. <span style='color:yellow'>"What the fuck is wrong with you?"</span> he growled, his golden eyes reduced to narrow slits.

<span style='color:green'>"You know what Sage, just because I don't sleep with a different woman every night doesn't mean I'm not a real man"</span> Thyme spat back <span style='color:green'>"I don't understand how you can even judge me!"</span>

Sage barred bloody teeth at the smaller 'dragon. <span style='color:yellow'>"You little prick." </span>Thyme didn't listen to him. Instead he walked over to Qyth and put an arm around his shoulders, trying to warm him up.

<span style='color:green'>"Come on. Ye Old Homestead isn't far away."</span>

4. Qyth was a little startled to see Thyme sock his brother, but there were a lot of things that Qyth never understood about other 'dragons. He reached for his hankie and handed it to Sage as Thyme dragged him past, supposedly in the direction of his home.

To help keep himself warm (and just because he wanted to) Qyth snuggled around Thyme's shoulders and followed him with a hopping step to Thyme's home.

5. Thyme, in the front with Qyth wrapped around his back, tromped through the snow. He came to a stop on the top of the rise, Sage finally catching up to him and gazing out over the sunset-drenched snow field. Snow was beginning to fall lightly, covering everything once again in white powder.

Something whizzed past Sage's head, making him duck and swear. Someone yelled out in the whiteness and another snowball came flying across, this one catching Thyme in the face. Thyme stumbled back into Qyth.

Sage took a deep breath and roared out <span style='color:yellow'>"YOU STUPID LITTLE BRATS, IT'S JUST US!! STOP THROWING SHIT OR I'LL CHUCK YOU INTO A LAKE!!!"</span> There was a slight movement, some chatter, and then someone yelled back in a high, young voice.

<span style='color:aqua'>"Why do you think we're throwing stuff at you?"</span> As this echoed around, three small 'dragons popped out of the snow. The oldest, a little girl with wild green hair, bounded across the snow, her paws barely touching the ground. She slid to a halt in front of Sage, spattering him with snow, and leapt at him, throwing her arms around his neck. The two younger ones, a female with long white braids and a male of the same age whose orange hair stuck out like he'd had a bad case of electrocution, latched on to Thyme's legs, yelping all the while.

<span style='color:green'>"Qyth, meet the brats" </span>Thyme said, trying to free himself. <span style='color:green'>"These are the twins, Aei and Bee. They're too young to know better, but Laurel there"</span> he gestured to the older female, who had managed to make it up onto Sage's shoulders <span style='color:green'>"should really grow up."</span>

6. <span style='color:blue'>"Awww, they're so cu-uuuuute,"</span> Qyth gushed as he picked up the twins and fondled them much in the same way as he did Ukaten when he first met her. They protested naturally, but Qyth has learned how to keep even the squirmiest (OOC: that is so a word) child contained (OOC: let's not ask how). The twins had thick fur which made Qyth feel almost warm, and with a renewed bounce in his step, followed Thyme in a direction he didn't care where.

(OOC: I get the feeling Qyth would make a great mom....)

7. Sage stared after Qyth in horror. <span style='color:yellow'>"You boy toy scares the ever living shit out of me, you know that?"</span> Laurel hit him on the head from her perch on his shoulders and leaned down to look at Thyme, who had just started off for the opening of the cave that was their home.

<span style='color:aqua'>"Thyme, what's a boy toy?" </span>she asked innocently. Thyme spluttered and tripped over his own feet, blushing mightily while Sage broke into a deep laugh that echoed around the snow feild. Thyme kicked his older brother and set off after Qyth and the twins at a steady trot. However, Sage was enjoying this too much to let it go easily and the tall 'dragon kept up with Thyme with no real effort.

<span style='color:yellow'>"So Thyme, aren't you going to explain it to your sister?"</span>

Thyme glared at the snow as he slid into the cave mouth <span style='color:green'>"How 'bout no?"</span>

<span style='color:aqua'>"ThyYyYyYYYYyYyYyYYyyme"</span> Laurel whined <span style='color:aqua'>"Tell me. Pleeeease?"</span> She slid off Sage's shoulders and wrapped herself around Thyme's ankles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.