Snakes and Libraries

Thread in 'Ramathian Scrolls' started by Siaka, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <span style='color:purple'>If my mother happens to get past two locked doors to one of her least favorite rooms of the house she's not going to be looking at anything, but the back of her head for a long time.</span> She retorted.

Her hands made loose fists in the material of his shirt and she pulled him farther into the room. Standing still with a seemingly more relaxed air than she had held just before Leah allowed her hands to wander over the sides of his face and neck, and finally letting one hand rest in the center of his chest, the other just above the small of his back.

2. <span style='color:red'>Fair play.</span> Korif smirked. He shivered a little, Leah's cold flesh putting a slight chill on him almost immediately. <span style='color:red'>Take it you're bored, then. Can't imagine any other reason you'd be doing... er... this...?</span> It was true. The Anuban hadn't thought that Leah liked him enough to be doing what she was doing because she wanted to, but he hadn't thought much on the... was it a 'friendship' they had?

3. <span style='color:purple'>No, torture is a much better cure for boredom, but I don't think you're much into that. More a bit of curiosity and jealousy.</span> She said, hating to admit that his quick liking of Lisa bothered her.

Her body kind of folded into his, not leaning, but just close enough that she could feel his heartbeat, her fingers drumming on his back to it in double time. She blinked and looked back up at him.

<span style='color:purple'>'Sides, you looked pretty damn fine without your shirt the other morning.</span> She whispered darkly.

4. <span style='color:red'>Well, if you'd really wanted, you could've started with the torture. I'm a fairly hardened guy and I think it's quite funny watching people trying to push me. And I'm assuming that jealousy is spawning from my like of Lisa...?</span> Korif now wore a knowing grin, then he thought back to the last thing Leah said and it made him a little twitchy. He didn't really like being watched sans pieces of clothing, but it being Leah just seemed to make it less of... a bad thing, in a way.

5. <span style='color:purple'>No that's okay, It'd be kind of weird popping into the kitchen to get some knives and then just leaving with them, all the other stuff is back at my apartment.</span> Leah said, teasing him.

She never had been very good at hypnotism, actually she was prety awful at it, not only that, but Lise had a tendency to be a on duty as a spy for someone at any given time. It would be in her personality to turn in Korif's whereabouts should she be working for someone, it was just a little unnerving.

<span style='color:purple'>Sorry if that last bit bothered you, but hey, at least you look good.</span>

6. <span style='color:red'>Fair enough, and thank you.</span> Korif smiled. A second or two later, banging emanated from the door.

<span style='color:blue'>S'me, bruh. Y'not gunna like what me 'bout to tell ya, but I godda do it. Dem 'ere, man. Close by, too. Looks like dey heard 'boutchou and found a way 'ere. Eider way, dey lookin' for ya 'nd dey out fer blud.</span>

Korif looked at the door and his eye twitched. It would have been funny had he not punched a hole in the wall as he broke off from Leah and approached the door.

<span style='color:red'>Alright, man. I'll be out to deal with those... fuckers in a moment...</span> The sound of footsteps got quieter as they gained distance from the door. <span style='color:red'>If you're wondering how he got past 'em doors, he's just as handy with a lockpick as myself. That or he got one of his contraptions to do it.</span> Korif turned to Leah and took hold of her by the forearms. <span style='color:red'>Please, for your own sake and that of my goddamn mind, stay here. They know you're something to do with me and they'll be just as happy to gun you down as they will me. Hell, indulge the urge to follow me, just stay the hell out of sight...</span> The thief had a look of desperation in his eyes. Even though he knew it took more than a couple of bullets to bring down your conventional Vamp, these guys had a tendency to aim for the head and the chest. Nice and easy, that'a way.

7. Leah turned behind her and put on the jacket she had been wearing for travelling. She threw up her hand and the door burst open before her. Pushing past Korif and V she shifted to all fours and bounded up the stairs, shifting back as she reached the top, nearly knocking someone over.

<span style='color:purple'>Hiya Ambrose, please go occupy and explain to the nice cops that we don't harbor fugetives here while I go find Lisa.</span> She said, patting him on the back and shoving him in the direction of the front door.

She rounded a corner and did knock someone over. A light blue someone. Leah pulled up her niece by the ribbon tied around her neck.

<span style='color:purple'>You better hope when I sift through their minds that your person, voice or name doesn't come up.</span> She growled before dropping her uncerimoniously to the floor.

It was fair to say she was just slightly pissed.

<span style='width:100%;font-weight:bold; font-size:10px'>Out of Character</span>
    <table class='ooc'><tr><td>I'm doing NaNoWriMo, so my replies may be a little late.</td></tr></table>

8. Korif and Viriathos just stood there and looked at each other in a most bewildered way. <span style='color:red'>Screw it, I'm still gonna go and deal with them...</span> Korif took out his pistol and made for the same window he'd used to start his little self-guided retour of Ajita. He pulled back the slide, took a deep breath, and jumped out. <span style='color:red'>Hope Leah can hear me... don't worry about it, I'm going to tear out their kidneys and force-feed them to the bastards...</span> Boy, was he looking forward to this.

<span style='width:100%;font-weight:bold; font-size:10px'>Out of Character</span>
    <table class='ooc'><tr><td>Alrighty, no problem.</td></tr></table>

9. <span style='color:purple'>{Oh no you won't. If they're not alive I can't look through their thoughts, and if I can't do that then we don't know who ratted you out and I want to know.}</span> She mentally hissed at him.

Aside from the fact that the cops were useless to her if they were dead, was the fact that she didn't like violence. She also generally detested its practicioners too.

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>This is sad... in writing my 1,667 words a day I can't write a decent sized post...</td></tr></table>

10. <span style='color:red'>What if I just keep one alive? I can haul him back and we can cut off his fingers until he talks...</span> Korif sidled along the wall and peeked out ever so slightly. Snaking around the corner, Korif's eyes widened to keep an eye out for anything that might try and kill him. Nothing. Good. <span style='color:red'>Well...?</span>

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Hehe. I wouldn't worry about it. Helps to wind down, even if it means your roleplaying's shortened.</td></tr></table>

11. <span style='color:purple'>{We don't know which one is useful and which ones are following orders, I prefer not to have to kill any of them and prove that you guys aren't here.}</span> If they could prove that Korif and V weren't there then that meant no one would come looking for them... at least, in theory.

Leah walked through the house, coming up behind Ambrose and hiding in his long shadow.

<span style='color:purple'>Anything I can do for you sirs or does my nephew have it all under control?</span> she asked as politely and sweetly as she could manage seeing as how she was tripping off Lisa and almost angry out of her mind.

12. <span style='color:red'>Then a bit of stealth is required. I can hoist each one of them, see what they now, then off them. How's that sound?</span> Korif had ducked into another back alley as he communicated with Leah. He was eager to reach a compromise and get this over and done with, anything to get rid of the feds currently on Korif and Viriathos' tails.

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Gah, those evil w-b words again >_></td></tr></table>

13. <span style='color:purple'>{I say we don't kill any of them, it took an awful long time to get back on their good side after that necromancy incedent 12 years ago, they still don't really like us.}</span> Leah thought to him.

Personally she didn't like killing anyone in the first place, it wasn't practical, seriously, and disposing the bodies was a chore.

The first officer took a step forward.
    We have reason to believe that there are two fugitives in this house and we would like an investigation.

<span style='color:purple'>Do these fugitives have names?</span>

Er... see, we're not supposed to disclose that kind of information.

<span style='color:purple'>You don't have a warrant do you?</span> She said, tapping her foot impatiently.

It would mean a lot to the chief if we could find these men. Miss, if you would just let us in- He took another step into the foyer.

<span style='color:purple'>This house is too big for you to search it without a warrant, we also don't know who you're searching for, so come back with a warrant and we'll let you in. That's the end of it.</span> Her voice was rising, as she gave the officer a light shove and slammed the door.

<span style='color:purple'>'Dragons these days...</span>

14. <span style='color:red'>Oh, c'mon, it's doubtful they'd even see me...</span> Korif had spotted one. Ducked behind a crate, the thief had drawn his rifle and had already figured out the best way to take his shot if he couldn't get close. All he needed was for Leah to either agree or give in to his incessant protests. <span style='color:red'>Well? Whaddya say, lass?</span> He was starting to get impatient and was growing increasingly worried that one of them was going to be found out, and worse, dead.

15. <span style='color:purple'>{Aboslutely not, besides you look quite a bit like one of my old friends, he died a year or two ago, but no one really knows that, so we just say that and if they keep insisting you're you then I might let you kill them, but don't count on it.}</span> She thought, wishing he'd come back and quit asking to bring about the demise of the unsuspecting officers.

<span style='color:purple'>{Besides, if you kill them I'm going to hide all the drinks from you.}</span> She thought, smirking.

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Woohoo, head in the clouds, being sick/going to funerals/not getting any sleep sucks.</td></tr></table>

16. <span style='color:red'>Oh, come now, that's not fair. Just one? Please?</span> Korif put on the most pathetic voice he could think in and waited, still watching his mark. The guy didn't move about much. He was either one dedicated cop or one well-payed piece of muscle. Either way, he was making this a fair bit easy on Korif.

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Gargh, block! ;_; Sucky.</td></tr></table>

17. <span style='color:purple'>{It'll be much more worth your while if you don't kill anyone...}</span> Leah thought.

She leaned against the wall and crossed her arms, nearly hugging herself. Why the hell wouldn't he come back in, if they cops were gone it wasn't like he was in any danger until they came back, with a warrant. She thought to herself for a minute.

<span style='color:purple'>{If they come back you can kill one, but just one.}</span>

18. Korif grumbled but eventually gave in. <span style='color:red'>Alright, I'm coming back. But don't blame me if I have to defend myself...</span> He peered above the boxes again, and his target had gone. A shame, but at least he was going to live this day.

He holstered his gun and stepped out into the street, checking for the feds. Nothing. Good. He continued on and only just caught the zipping sound of something piercing the air beside his ear. The left half of his vision went red, he gave a short howl of pain and he dropped, blood steadily streaming out onto the street. <span style='color:red'>Aw... fuck...</span> he thought to no one in paticular. He had a feeling that Leah knew what had happened, but he figured he may as well have given her some insight into the twist in the situation.

The street was deserted. Ha. Naturally. He could just see a figure on top of a building, sniper rifle in hand, swivel and walk off. Oh, cruel fate. The thief was denied the face of his would-be killer. He lay there with a grin on his face. He realised that when faced with death, he turned a little theatrical. He clung to that thought as best he could, as if it were some rope tied to the mast to stop him falling into the metaphorical sea of painful death. This wasn't how he was supposed to die. At least, he didn't think this was how we was going to be sent to see the Reaper. He felt all hollow through disappointment. Destiny had let him down, as many things had. And all this time, it never occured to him that there was the possibility of alacrity being his saviour...

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Wow... I don't think I've typed that much in a looooong time O_O</td></tr></table>

19. <span style='color:purple'>Hey Ambrose... you don't suppose you would go out and get him, he's kind of bleeding in the street.</span> Leah said.

It was bound to happen, but she honestly thought she would have been a little more... upset?

Ambrose looked confused, but nodded and went outside, coming back with Korif a few minutes later.

<span style='color:green'>{I don't know why he would have left the estate. It's pretty bad.}</span> He said.

<span style='color:purple'>Yeah, well you're one of those magic using doctors, let me get my stuff, you do your magical-healing shit and I'll come back to take care of whatever you can't.</span> Leah said, her voice harsh, apparently she had to see the wound for it to make a difference, go figure.

She ran out fo her bag and quickly came back, there was a bullet lying on the table and some blood, but when she looked at the mess of the left side of Korif's face it was almost all healed. Except for the skin.

<span style='color:green'>{I can get the skin to go back together.}</span> Ambrose thought.

Leah shrugged, like Korif getting shot, it was bound to happen that magical healing would only go so far. She opened her bag and pulled out some tools, putting on gloves then taking the tools out of their steril packages. Then, she began to slowly and methodically stitch up the cut, she hated working on the face, just because the stitches had to be so much smaller if you didn't want a scar, but at least he was knocked out. She finished up and threw the used tools in a small container marked 'biohazard' in her bag.

<span style='color:purple'>Find a bed, let him sleep, and leave a map to the kitchen.</span> she ordered.

20. Korif eventually came to a few hours later. He blinked, steadily shook his head, and looked around. <span style='color:red'>Well I'll frigging be... I'm alive...</span> He slowly slid off the bed and observed his faint reflection in the window opposite him. The first thing he noticed was that his left eye was a rather obvious snowy white. The second thing that hit him was that the left half of his sight was black. <span style='color:red'>C'mon now, you've gotta be kidding me...</span>

He looked back at the floorboards and tried to remember. Hmm... blood. Lots of blood, or at least it did from where he was lying. He remembered grinning in the big, ugly face of his impending demise... sniper... wait...? Shit, of course! But was it a police sniper? In his time, the feds had been the least of his worries, so it was completely possible that this was a syndicate hit. It didn't matter. At least, not for now. He could only hope that Leah and V were alright.

<span style='color:blue'>'Ey, rise 'n' shine, champ.</span> Viriathos was stood against the doorframe, arms folded and a wide grin on his scar-specked face. <span style='color:blue'>Y'alright, bruh?</span>

<span style='color:red'>Fine, yeah, thanks. Well, as good as can be expected when one has been shot in the eye.</span> Korif chuckled. He spotted the little sketch map to the kitchen, heaved himself of the bed and picked it up. <span style='color:red'>I'm gonna go get something to eat. Damn hungry.</span> V nodded and stood back to let his friend through and downstairs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.