Snakes and Libraries

Thread in 'Ramathian Scrolls' started by Siaka, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <span style='width:100%;font-weight:bold; font-size:10px'>Out of Character</span>
    <table class='ooc'><tr><td>
    Who: http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=689Leehara Sislon</a>
    Wearing: Currently decked out in lots of black so she can travel during the day.
    Warnings: None as of yet
    Notes: Private for Arioch</td></tr></table>

Leah stepped out of the Teleportation Pod, oh how she loathed those things, it was an odd feeling between your stomach falling out from under you and being squished to nothing. An involentary shudder wracked through her neck back and ribs. Not only did she feel unclean, but she felt woozy. Note to self: 'Dragons were not made to teleport.

Tugging on Korif's hand she led them down streets that she knew better than most folks knew their own homes. Several minutes later they arrived in front of a wrought iron gate and a buzzing noise came from a mounted black box then a patchy voice.

Who goes there?

<span style='color:purple'>Leehara, and I'm travelling during the day so tell my mother that I'm not here to ridicule her... Oh and I have two guests, they're not going to kill anyone, if they do I'll sic Lisa on them.</span> She said, she wasn't kidding about inflicting Lisa and her taste for torture.

It ran lightly through her head that Korif hadn't known her full first name, ah well, one more thing, wait til he got a load of some of her company. The gates pulled back, creaking as the did so. She spun on her heel to face Korif and V.

<span style='color:purple'>You filch anything or hurt anyone and you're so very dead that a Necromancer wouldn't have anything to work with.</span> She threatened, behind her sunglasses her eyes were devoid of emotion and said that she was dead serious.

2. http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=964Korif Chaar</a>, http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1122Viriathos</a>

KC: Clad in the spare clothes he'd found in Leah's apartment (men's clothes, naturally)
    V: Sporting his usual work/play attire

<span style='color:red'>You know, I was told that last time I was here. I'm starting to think people don't trust me...</span> He turned to V and all his fellow Anuban could do was shrug. Both of them knew that Leah was serious, however, and so took the warning onboard. Korif's head was spinning from the 'porting and Viriathos just stood there with an almost stoned grin on his face, probably a side-effect from the 'porting, but with V you couldn't tell. Both wondered just who in the hell Lisa was, but they kept it under their hats in case Leah decided to answer the question without being asked.

3. <span style='color:purple'>If folks started to trust you then the world would very abruptly end, I get the feeling that you could be a very nasty son of a bitch if you had that much power.</span> She said, using what she had seen of him at her apartment.

Leah walked through the gate and up the twisting driveway, the house was big, something she didn't quite care for, but it had a world of resources in it, something she liked very much so. She lifted a hand to knock on the door, but before she could bring it down to the surface it opened, a very surprised looking 'dragon, bearing a striking resemblence to Leah, stood in their way.

<span style='color:purple'>Hello mother...</span>

<span style='color:orange'>I don't even get a hug? What's with this 'hello mother' crap?</span> She said, moving to allow them in and promptly shutting the door behind them.

She sniffed the air and smirked.
    <span style='color:orange'>I'm assuming you'll be sharing your room with the tall one?</span> She snickered.

4. Korif smirked as they headed through the gate. <span style='color:red'>Err..</span> <span style='color:red'>Wow, those two didn't deviate much appearance-wise, did they- oh, crap.</span> He had assumed that Leah's mother probably had the same party trick as Leah, and quickly shut down what he was saying to himself. Viriathos quirked an eyebrow at what Leah's mother said after getting a whiff of the air. <span style='color:red'>That's really creeping me out. First your empathic friend, now your mother...</span> he whispered to Leah. The thief had this odd gut feeling that Leehara's mother might not take too well to him, but that didn't matter much. As long as she didn't try to murder him in his sleep, that was enough for the Anubian.

5. Leah walked further into the ever-expanding house, the thing had been there and added onto for as long as anyone could remember, which was really saying something when you factored in her and her mother.

<span style='color:purple'>V, feel free to dump your bags or find a room that isn't locked and doesn't seem lived in for the moment and just dump your stuff, or keep your stuff with you and just explore and try not to get lost.</span> She said, starting to go down a set of stairs that had obviously been made for something massive that didn't walk upright with even steps.

<span style='color:purple'>Don't worry about my mother, she's just good at guessing, knowing me she usually guesses right, but other than that, she can't read minds for shit.</span>

<span style='color:orange'>I heard that!</span>

<span style='color:purple'>But she can hear a fly buzzing five rooms away...</span> She said, continuing slowly down the stairs so she didn't end up on her face.

6. <span style='color:red'>Hmm... I'll bear that in mind. V, you wanna come with?</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Not yet, bruh. D'like to get meself organised before I go wand'rin' out inta where I'm sure we'se bot' remembered.</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Suit yourself, bro. See you in a little while.</span> Korif smiled to the two and hopped out of the window. V was busying himself with unpacking what scant possessions he'd brought with him, most of which were either self-made or bought from someone who'd made them. He sighed as he rifled through and quickly but precisely laid out his bag's contents onto his bed.

<span style='width:100%;font-weight:bold; font-size:10px'>Out of Character</span>
    <table class='ooc'><tr><td>Sorry about the stupidly late reply. Had much of the dreaded h-word to do >_></td></tr></table>

7. Leah reached the foot of the stairs, coming upon a large wooden door with visible iron framing. A large set of keys hung from a keyhole, there being no doorknob. She twisted the keys and entered the familiar room. The walls were made of wood, as was just about everything else in the room, there was dried wax and half burned candles on just about every surface, including corners of the floor that weren't occupied by rolled up scrolls or filled bookcases. The room had been built before there was a real need for electricity and lacked windows due to the fact it was underground, it was actually ideal for her, come to think of it.

She dumped her bag unceremoniously on the bed and began to unpack by throwing most of it's contents behind her and into a closet where the only covering were semi-opaque curtains of a blueish hue.

Her bag having been emptied she went to the one of the walls and began the process of tapping her shoes on the ground as she walked around what she could of the perimeter of the room. About half way around there was a dull metallic sound, not the usual muted 'clunk' of the wood floor. She started to shift back papers and happened upon a handle that blended in with the wood because of the extreme darkness of the room, she hadn't bothered to light any of the candles as she didn't need the light to see. Mentally marking the place she left the room and shut and locked the door behind her, call it a habit.

Jumping up the stairs, as there is no other word for it, Leah pushed open the door and made her way to the kitchen, upon entering is was promptly pounced on and thus pushed out once more.

<span style='color:7F00FF'>Lee!</span> the thill shrieked.

<span style='color:purple'>Scream any louder and you're going to break my mind, Lisa.</span> she said.

<span style='width:100%;font-weight:bold; font-size:10px'>Out of Character</span>
    <table class='ooc'><tr><td>Take a guess at what subject hw I've been doing for the last hour and a half? xD

http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1278Lisa</a></td></tr></table>

8. Viriathos, upon hearing the loud squeal of happiness, froze, dropped his spanner and looked up in a state of shock. <span style='color:blue'>What de 'ell...?!</span> Did V dare venture downstairs to see what was going on? He decided he'd head down and see who was so pleased to see Leah. Down the stairs, through a few corridors, and toward the kitchen door- aha. The Anubian found Leah pinned to the floor by a younger thill who had the most wondrous look of excitement on her face. <span style='color:blue'>Ah.</span>

9. Leah shoved her niece off and stood up, brushing off the back of her pants.

<span style='color:purple'>Hola V, this is Lisa, LSD if she's working for you, but that's a different story, just don't stare at her and your mind will stay in one piece.</span> She warned.

Lisa gaped.
    <span style='color:7F00FF'>You're just pissed because I surprised you. Why didn't you tell anyone you were coming?</span>

<span style='color:purple'>I was afraid you'd lock me out.</span> She was actually serious on this, which was slightly frightening in itself.

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Can't... freaking... form... a sentence...</td></tr></table>

10. <span style='color:blue'>I... er... see.</span> Viriathos did his best to calmly and quickly slide towards the door. He could see that things could get a little... odd in this house, and he could only hope that Korif would soon come to the same realisation. He headed back upstairs to unpack the last few tidbits he needed before going out for a wander around Ajita to see what, if anything, had changed.

11. <span style='color:purple'>Nice Lise, I think you scared him off.</span> Leah muttered, nudging Lisa.

The other thill laughed, she wasn't even that odd compared to everyone else, sure she wasn't as normal as Paralim, but Para was also just a bit older than Leah. She paced in front of the kitchen table for a while before sitting down.

<span style='color:7F00FF'>Pity... he hasn't even met Raezil or Ambrose yet...</span> She said, sighing.

Leah nodded, then did the equivilante of a mental double-take.
    <span style='color:purple'>Raezil?</span>

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Sorry for lack of reply, I'm working most days of the week and my only real time to respond is on the weekend.</td></tr></table>

12. With a graceful flip, rolled in a ball, Korif landed on the windowsill. <span style='color:red'>Alright, bro?</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>'Ey, mon. Go ask ya lady friend why she got me so spooked. I mey not look it, blud, but believe me, spooked I be...</span>
    <span style='color:red'>... 'kay...</span> Korif was willing to shake it off, but having seen what the inhabitants of the house had offered so far, he was somewhat convinced that Korif's shakenness was genuine. He went downstairs and looked about for a moment. <span style='color:red'>Err... Leah?</span>

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>No worries. If it's not homework, it's work, and vicey-verscy.</td></tr></table>

13. <span style='color:purple'>Who's Raezil?</span> Leah asked.

<span style='color:7F00FF'>Oh you have no idea, she's so cute, only six and she looks almost like great-sum-odd gran, 'cept she's got four legs and two arms, Rae walked upright, but the kid's good, made the glass of water freeze for a few seconds the other day so someone could grab it 'fore it broke.</span> Lisa said, course she didn't mention where said kid was, that would be too easy.

<span style='color:purple'>You guys knew Rae was my charge ages ago, why the hell didn't anyone tell me there was a new chrono, I'm here because -oh hey Korif- I need to look at her fucking library, her soul is invading my dreams from Fromina, two things about that, one, it shouldn't be possible for her because she never studied dreamweaving and two she knows not to go screwing with my sleep time because I will chase her out like the Bruklons hound.</span>

<span style='color:7F00FF'>Who?</span>

<span style='color:purple'>Old neighbors, nevermind, but why the hell didn't anyone tell me? The kid could solve our problems, from what it sounds like Ydjad wants to obliterate Rae's soul or Rae wants to get back here as a ghost, but she can't or something stupid like that.</span> Leah said, running her hand through her hair, death just kept getting better and better.

14. <span style='color:red'>Umm... hey... not interrupting anything, am I?</span> It was starting to dawn on Korif just what Viriathos meant. He leant against the doorframe, arms folded and a slightly bemused look on his face. It'd done him good to go for a look-see around Ajita. There wasn't much that had changed, but he was glad to see that they still had his wanted poster up. Whoever the artist that they got to do the sketch was, he was good. An almost uncanny likeness.

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Gack. Sorry I've not replied before now. Homework and stuff bogging me down and it's driving me fecking bananas >_<</td></tr></table>

15. <span style='color:purple'>No of course not, my family just needs a history refresher.</span> Leah said icily, her tone wasn't intended, but she honestly didn't care anymore.

<span style='color:7F00FF'>I know my history, I was just busy.</span>

<span style='color:purple'>For six years?</span>

<span style='color:7F00FF'>So maybe I have ADD?</span> She said, obviously more interested in Korif than Leah, having got up and walked towards him, trying to catch his eye.

<span style='color:purple'>Don't you dare...</span>

<span style='color:7F00FF'>Why not?</span>

<span style='color:purple'> Cos I might use you as my next donor... come to think of it, I'm hungry.</span>

<span style='color:7F00FF'>Kid's in the courtyard.</span> Lisa muttered.

Leah walked past her and took Korif's hand, leading him away from her exceedingly odd niece.

<span style='color:purple'>The girl's got a personality like heroine, try not to get hooked.</span> She whispered once they were out of ear shot.

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Wow... lots of dialogue... sorry 'bout that -_-"</td></tr></table>

16. <span style='color:red'>I'll, er, do my... best...?</span> He had glanced at Lisa a few times. She seemed nice enough, but she also seemed like the type to try and get in the pants of the first guy she'd seen for some time. <span style='color:red'>Oh, and thank you, by the way. Your concern for me and protectiveness of me is touching.</span> He slipped her a wry smile. <span style='color:red'>So, two questions; one, who's she, and two; is she always like that? Because I think I like it.</span> His wry smile carried over and was accompanied by a wink.

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Hehe. No worries =P</td></tr></table>

17. <span style='color:purple'>Lisa is my niece, Would have made a great assassin, but she doesn't like blood, then again, if she did we'd all be in touble.</span> She muttered, Lisa wasn't the most reliable 'dragon either, she liked lying...

<span style='color:purple'>I wish she was always like that, makes her easier to manage, just bring her down to a club and you'll have her out of your hair for a while. It's not that she's annoying, but she's addictive, that and she works as a spy. Doubt you've heard of her, but the name 'LSD' ring any bells?</span> Leah said. The only reason she'd ever been able to use Lisa's services is because she was owed a favor or two by the nearly-white thill, otherwise she would never be able to afford it.

She dropped his hand and moved her arm abound his waist, fingers toying with the top of his pants.
    <span style='color:purple'>If you like how Lisa's been acting, I haven't been trying hard enough.</span> She whispered to him.

18. <span style='color:red'>Oh, don't get me wrong, you're doing fine.</span> he smirked, then realising that she was fiddling with his pants. <span style='color:red'>Not terribly subtle, are you?</span> He thought for a moment, then spoke again. <span style='color:red'>No, the name itself doesn't ring any bells... but then again, a lot of the time, I'm not very attentive.</span> While Korif was enjoying the... moment, he had this feeling and dreaded the thought of Leah's mother wandering in.

<table class='ooc'><tr><td>Gah, crap train of thought, at the moment >_< Sorry.</td></tr></table>

19. Leah steered him down the stairs, the door shutting behind them. Torches lighted as the passed through the narrow passage. She opened the door at the end of the hall and gave Korif a small push into the, now lighted, room, hands lingering on his back a little longer than was polite.

<span style='color:purple'>If I was subtle I'd have to wait forever to get what I want.</span> She whispered, seeing as how she sort of did have forever it wasn't saying much, but factor in that she was rather impatient at the best of times and the statement held some weight.

Ever so lightly she rested her hands on his shoulders as she moved so she was standing in front of him.

20. <span style='color:red'>Hmm-hmm... not necessarily... you realise that if I get my pants off and your mother walks in, I'm going for a very long walk through the wilderness...?</span> Korif sniggered. He enjoyed it when his women were forward. It saved having to go through all this crap about seducing them and gaining trust with them. Still, he couldn't help but feel slightly vulnerable about being potentially naked in a house he hadn't explored yet, which happened to contain Leah's mother and her rather lusty niece. But then he gave it a little more thought, and... <span style='color:red'>Heh. Even V might get a piece of that Lisa kid...</span>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.