Site Downtime / Rollback

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man, slipping out of class just for you guys. Nng. Anyway, as many of you are no doubt aware, Ramath-lehi has had a bit of a "rollback." All posts, characters, changes, etc made after March 19th, as far as I know, are gone and cannot be retrieved. (http://community.livejournal.com/ramath_lehi/You can read more details here.</a>) Please respond to this thread if you have something to say about it. Believe me, I am well aware of the situation.

There's nothing I can do about it as my last backup was made on the 19th as well. Though it's really through no fault of my own - sorry you guys. Making backups of your own posts/threads is a good practice.

Anyway, back to class for me. I should be back around 5 PM MST (7 EST), or earlier if I can finish my in class projects faster than that.

2. Thanks for letting us know Jodies!

3. *Shakes a fist*

4. *hisses* That's why I type all my posts on MS and save them. The :rapine: ate RaL.

5. *weep*
    But, I know it would not have happened if ya could have helped it. I'm sure we'll live.

6. That's definitely a good practice. I actually didn't save my posts up until a few days ago, when the other error put the site down for a short bit. Now I'm so worried about losing my precious posts and threads, so I'm going to be saving each post individually as well as downloading each thread methodically. I mean, they're more than just threads, they're... THE FUTURE... *Trails off ambiguously*

7. *nods* My dad runs an internet business, so obviously, he'd be a computer freak; once every...say, half-a-year, we put everything on a backup- he's afraid the computer will crash and he'll lose everything. o_x That just happened, though, about a month ago on one of our computers, so I'm glad that we do that. I think I'm just going to make a new folder with post logs, plans for plots, character edits, etc. for each week.

8. I should store all my important threads on my iPod, tehehe.

9. *gasp* I'm must do that! And then I can read them over and over and over. Which I naturally :heart: to do.

10. Yah, that sucks. Oo; That's all I have to say, lol.

11. Hmmm ok, yeah thatÂ’s awkward, have to see how some plots are going and how they were affected. =/

Gah part of the tournament disappeared *dies*

12. nooooo, lol. Yeah, The match that hy and I (lawl, rhyme) went byebye, lawl
    Oh well. from the top?

13. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>. We're working with the datacenter now, expected down time is between 1/2 and 2 hours</td></tr></table>

Strange thing that is. I actually tried in hour intervals to get onto RaL yesterday but it wouldn't work. It kept sending me to AOL Search which showed the website, and when I clicked that link it sent me directly back to AOL Search again.

14. Wait! Hold on! OMGF! I don't see any profiles- they're all gone!

15. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Attrius Infernus @ Mar 22, 2006, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Wait! Hold on! OMGF! I don't see any profiles- they're all gone! </td></tr></table>
    http://shadowlack.com/characters.phpHere</a>? Click on a letter.

16. Thank goodness they're there. But if you try to get on them from a profile, they aren't there.

17. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Attrius Infernus @ Mar 22, 2006, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Thank goodness they're there. But if you try to get on them from a profile, they aren't there. </td></tr></table>
    Could you explain more? Is there an error? If you view the source code, does anything show up? What browser are you using? I can see everyone's characters just fine.

18. Now it's working. Yay.

19. But I didn't do anything? *blinks*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.