Sex changes in Ral

Thread in 'Help Desk' started by Fey, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <span style='color:purple'>Okay I was pondering(As I do) on a very random character to add to Garret's record label (Including Enlaska's Eirik). And the Character's DJ name seemed to need some explaining. DJ Switch. So anyway here's the question:

Is it possible(or probable) to have these types of surgery in this world?

Now I know the extra questions that would occur from the notion of this such as could this be done between the different subspecies. But I would guess that if this surgery exists in Ral then it would more than likely be restricted to within the subspecies.

Thank you for your time.</span>

2. I'd say definitely yes. We have the technology, meaning Ramath has it and is probably doing it better then us ;) There are even characters out there who can change their sex on a whim (aquabats as an example).

However, I don't understand the second part of the question, of it being restricted to subspecies. Are you wondering if it's possible to have surgery to change into a different species? To that, I'd say no, only because of the complicated nature of genetics, but it's really not my place to say any definite answer.

3. <span style='color:purple'>On the second one I meant that it would most likely be improbable to use.......parts...from another subspecies.</span>

4. well, I'm sure you could transplant, cause you can, but I highly doubt it would <i>work</i>... like, I dunno, a male that turns female can't have babies, you know? I make no sense

5. Hmmm, yeah. I think we could use some sort of inter-mixing table for this.

Lukuo organs probably would work in any other pendragon and vice versa, as long as it wasn't the organ that had the mutated gene. Definitely couldn't trade with aquabats, feydragons or Anubi (only because they probably wouldn't offer their organs to another species). And probably not the Takula.

Maybe with the Khell and Yki, but I'm thinking any cross subspecies transfer would have a much higher risk of rejection of the host.

I think in RaL we could do a complete male to female transition that could successfully have children. Maybe we can transplant hormone glands?

6. Lautir's said pretty well everything I would have said.

Yep, the ability to do it definitely does exist, and I would suspect that it's currently in practise, professionally and black-market.

On the subject of crossing-splicing, Lautir's stated it very well. I really can't say any more on it.

As for working equipment, I would think it's -possible- but I would be sceptical until details and limitations are decided. But for now I would say that it's possible.

7. Just going to give the final on the sex change/cross species thing: since it'd required the tampering of DNA in order to avoid rejection, it'd be impossible to do. So no, a character could not be given the parts of another species/subspecies. I think the only possible exception to that might be lukuo, but even that would be more of a case-by-case thing depending on the severity of their mutated genes.

As for what everyone else has said so far - seems good to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.