Ramath's orientation

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by Fey, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <span style='color:purple'>
    This data was tallied on the 24th of November 2008

Out of the 490 characters made:

Homosexual: 21
    Bisexual: 71
    Heterosexual: 326
    Asexual/unknown: 72
    </span>
    [​IMG]

I hope you find this interesting.

2. I realized that a while ago. WE NEED MORE GAYS, GUYS.

It's awesome that you took the time to do this lol

3. I agree. XD

4. Nice job gathering all those stats Fey ;) (I just wrote job as 'goob' and I have no idea why...)

Science so far is saying that 10% of people are gay, so if we combine our gay population with the bi population we're already over average. Which seems proper in a more open society. But I bet when looking at the stats you probably noticed that there was a pretty big difference between gay males and females, at least it's something I noticed about a year ago... or less. I'm bad a keeping track of time and things may have changed since then.

5. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lautir @ Nov 25 2008, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> But I bet when looking at the stats you probably noticed that there was a pretty big difference between gay males and females, at least it's something I noticed about a year ago... or less. </td></tr></table>
    Cheers ^,^

Yes i did notice the slight difference, but didn't have the time or willpower to do a separate one to show the differences between male and female characters.

6. mmm pie chart. I used to have two bi chars, and one lesbian but are all deleteds now.

7. For some reason there's more of an appeal to play gay guys and not lesbians lol

these statistics make me feel special cause I have Eirik and he's gay, then Gun's bi and Syd's straight. I had Rurik a while ago and he was gay too, or bi. lulz

8. If I had more female characters, they'd most likely be lesbian, seeing as that is my orientation and I am not fond of straight pairings.
    Most of my male characters would be bi/gay, but they're pretty old and it's just not their character xD;
    Except Geheimnis.
    But he's insane.

Edit:
    I lied.
    I have more female characters tan male. *dumb*

9. i think there's just a huge yaoi fan thing that goes on that makes girls like playing gay men. which might explain the rpg discrepancies.

i like to mix up my characters, personally. eees fun!

10. I'd almost be interested to see if player orientation (not asking people to divulge here, just something to ponder as a factor) plays any part in the orientation of their characters? I know it does in mine, but that's just me.

11. I have seven characters, and of them, two are bisexual females, one is a homosexual female, two are heterosexual males, and two are homosexual males.

A fairly even blend, I'd say. c: And I love playing as all of 'em in roleplays.

Of course, my favorites are probably Melisande and Tully, because they most closely mirror myself in many ways.

Hum, I think that maybe 'pansexual' and 'polysexual' would be good additions to that drop-down list of sexual orientations.

12. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beast @ Jan 21 2009, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Hum, I think that maybe 'pansexual' and 'polysexual' would be good additions to that drop-down list of sexual orientations. </td></tr></table>
    Seconding this. Or maybe even just an 'other' choice, seeing as sexuality can be extremely different for different individuals and listing every varient might be a bit much.

13. Mm, I don't think it's that great an idea to add more sexualities, because I think there's enough flexibility (In Character) to allow different perceptions of sexuality to satisfy any OOC opinions and views.

We have heterosexual, homosexual and asexual. With those, I don't see that adding more will improve the possibilities ICly. The options are the same, but if you're talking about narrowing things or being more specific then I would encourage players to do that in their character profiles and ICly.

14. <span style='color:purple'>And I second that Alex. There is enough movement between the groups. There is also "Unknown" Which is in itself the spare option where you can have whatever sexuality or non-sexuality you want. You could describe it more in the misc section of the profile. After all though each choice from the menu are very select you can have variation within it.

There would be one thing I would change to the sexuality area. Which would be a limiting of asexuality to only within the Aquabat race and special permission on Lukuo. This would make sense as asexuality is stupendously rare in creatures; Aquabats are only able to do this when breeding partners are limited and the Lukuo are prone to mutations. As well as this all characters made at the age of 15 or below can only be unknown as from before then a character's preferences couldn't appear. (I.e. because they have not had puberty yet.) You can change this after the character has been made as they age real time or game time. This would give a player the chance to RP out their characters sudden desire for the opposite sex or not.

All in all the choices are enough and have freedom to variety even if it does not seem it. Remember Misc is your giant playground where you can add things like a character variant sexuality or curiosity.

Though I adore the freedom of imagination of Ral, there are some....boundaries or lines that need to be made in case things get out of hand or too big. Thank you for reading this. ^.^ </span>

15. I don't think asexuality is as rare as you think. In creatures with simpler brain chemistry then humans it probably is, but pendragons et al. match or surpass human brains so I'm sure that they are even more complicated.

Even though I am rather shocked at the amount of asexual characters! But it's not like we need them to repopulate the planet or anything ;)

And since it's not a trade I don't think it's something that should be limited. And also because it's a feature that can be changed at any time, so it would be very hard to limit.

16. of course, i'm a pro-diversification of sexualities. c: i don't think that our information needs to cover to the same depth and breadth as earth (as that would be impossible), i do think that "pansexual" and "polysexual" are great! they aren't too specific, they allow for a lot more flexibility. as Lautir said, it's not as limited as trades are.

although, heh, i think "we" already know how this question gets answered... *shiftyeyes.*

17. I've gotta agree with Sil, Lautir, and Leaf. C:

Because really, bisexual, pansexual, and polysexual are very different. Bisexual implies a much more rigid sense of sex and gender roles -- there are two, and they are biological male and biological female. That's it.

Pansexual/omnisexual is the ability to love any living human (or 'dragon C; ), regardless of age, biological sex (or a lack of a definable male/female biological sex), social gender (or lack thereof), or any other reason. Polysexual is slightly similar in that it recognizes the existence of many many genders and sexes besides the black-and-white male/female categorization, but poly (many) instead of pan (all) indicates that there are some limits involved (often age, but it could be anything).

In short, they are rather different, and I think that just lumping them into bisexual or unknown .. I don't know. I don't think that's entirely fair; they are distinct sexual orientations and people who identify with them/have characters who do ought to be able to indicate this without needing to pick the next best thing off a drop-down list and then explain somewhere else that that drop-down choice is actually wrong for their character. But that's just my opinion.

As for asexuality, I don't see why that should be limited. Next would we limit bisexuality to Lukuo and homosexuality to Khell? Race and sexuality are not linked at all in humans, so it makes sense that it would be completely separate for 'dragons too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.