Question about Magic and Science Integration

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Siaka, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, I've had this character idea in my head for quite a long time, all that's left now is to see if it is possible before I write up a huge profile and submit it.

First off, I was wondering if it was possible for a child who is simply observing the use of chronokenisis could some how get 'caught' in the time stream and if that would give them an aptitude for it if and when they chose to study it.

I also would like to know if through extensive use or study of the trade if it would be possible for a Pendragon to develope a disease similar to Progeria.

If possible, through the use of ramath's advanced science, would there be a cure of sorts. On earth we have isolated the gene that causes the disease, we just haven't found a cure yet. But again, since the technology is so much more advanced is it likely that the researchers could have found a cure.

Which rises yet another question. If someone is using chronokenisis on theirself, could the cure to stop the aging be progressed even further to reverse the physical aging, leaving the brain whatever age it is, but having the body as say, eleven years old?

And yes I know, full of questions. Through seerism and a god-fearing mentality and up bringing, would it be possible to try and strike up a deal with the demi-god Ydjad?

And oh my, another question, what a surprise. Should someone have access to a rather extensive library, would it be possible to do research on the uses of both chronokenisis and seerism and through this try to test the boundaries of Fronima. If possible would I be right in assuming that it would leave one with mental issues?

Okay, I think that's it.

2. O_o Whu'... Good questions ^^ I don't have 'answers', per se, but I'll give it a shot until the brains come along (:

1) I don't know if being sucked into a time stream is possible. They would have to physically enter the stream for there to be an affect, I would imagine. Rifts are theorised to exist anyway, but to the best of my knowledge, they don't act like blackholes or worm holes. They are spacial disruptions in which one can pass laterally across the X and Y axis. I would assume that those good enough could even pass across the Z axis, but that's quite god-like. In any case, I don't think so. However, a child may get interested from observing the art then go on to study it.

2) I don't know if mental athletics required to study things would affect one's genetic make up. It's possible that through studying, one may lose out on nutrition and become withered that way, but to have a full blown case of Progeria? I don't know. Something for an Admin to tackle, I dare say :p

3) Yup, most probably.

4) Chronokinesis should only affect the space time around the user, not the user him/herself. Otherwise, one would only travel 60 years into the future and die on the way, being stuck in a limbo. Conversely, they could only go back so far before being returned to baby form. If chronokinesis were to affect the physical aging, it should also affect the mental aging because the body ages in accordance (normally) with the brain. Like, if the brain has a disease, then certain things may occur to affect the progression of the body. So, really, I doubt that it's possible.

5) I really don't know, lol, but an interesting idea. I'm doubtful, but it looks to have realistic potential. Definitely another Admin question.

6) I would imagine only at Master level, and even then, depending on what you wanted to do, you may need permission.

Not sure if this helps in any way, because I was just winging it (:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.