On Character Names

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by Pendzez Zazkex, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, don't mind me asking, but how did you come up with your characters? What inspired you to create them?

2. Well, letsee-

Neveeve- Totally wonderful name, I've always loved it, and the funny looking spelling with so many E's makes me giggle.
    Qebehsenuef- From a plot a long time ago on RaL. The Anubi guardians were high ranking in the Anubi world, and each guardian was named after an Egyptian god or goddess.
    Euphoria Acidic Winter- I love having characters named Euphoria. the end. Acidic Winter is just an IC thing.
    Dewlap Meldilane- ...I forget.
    Aria Rinoket- Again, I love the name Aria xD Rinoket was just a spur-of-the-moment name.
    Tlegcmys S58- Tlegcmys = Slipknot S58 = Dur, aquabat. slipknot was a name I was fond of at the time.
    Draconan Scatteredfire- Draconan = My username, at the time it was popular to name a character after you so I decided why not. Scatteredfire was a roleplay character for Warriors at the time xD But it suited Drac.
    Gavan Sian- Adopted him from Secret Destiny. Lawl.
    Tghela Silversword- Thela = My all time favorite female name. Silversword was another random name.
    Xaighaj Tkyjm- Zeypher Scorn. I like spelling Zeypher wrong and Scorn was another popular name with me xD

The designs came after naming and whatnot. Most of these were not thought out and actually typed on a whim. But i love them :heart:
    Aria though has been revamped before and I plan to add more to all their profiles now that they're here.

3. The way I am feeling on a certain time.

http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=241<span style='color:white'>Kutz</span></a> is my first character and mostly based on how I was when I started out with Ramath. That was years ago. I'm a little open now. =D
    http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=388<span style='color:blue'>Juem</span></a> was... Hm. Can't remember why I made him. I just thought maybe an enigmatic character would be cool.
    http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=329<span style='color:skyblue'>Kien</a></span> was some sort of a "perfect" character I tried creating. I mean it's easy to make friends and enemies when you're all "bubbly"
    There was this one time when I felt so dark and depressed then out came http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=503<span style='color:orangered'>Veaji</span></a>.
    http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=611<span style='color:green'>Khuta</a></span> was the sort of creative moment. Especially on his physical looks. I lovelovelove guys with instruments and the heart to sing :heart:
    Now http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1546<span style='color:silver'>Devsaptyol</span></a>. He's my little baby =) I started playing him way before I created him. But it was just for one thread. Then I decided him bring him alive and noticed. He's supposed to be Veaji's childhood friend and now he's out to come find her.

I think that's all the characters I have. Don't know if what I said explained much on how I came up with them. But if your real question is on finding about the names, they're based on either my character's personality or a name I scooped from the deep recess of my brain. Their names, like Veaji, Devsaptyol, Juem and Khuta could be translated form Ramathian to English =)

4. Hmm...

Older members would probably know that I used to have lots of different characters, but at some point I looked at their profiles and went, "I can do better than this," so I got rid of them. (A bit dumb, yeah, but what can I do?)

Vyld'ra Osador - Basically a nonsense name, although I was trying to get one where the surname would sound good.

I still have a fair few ideas but they're little more than ideas at the moment.

5. Shadow Degoz - goodness i dont actually remember.... i always called my main male characters Shadow...it was from homeward bound initially- me and two friends played pretend games when we were little, i played shadow ^_^ i still feel the tears in my eys when i watch that film @_@

Yuki Severn - Yuki is one of my favourite japanese names, and it seemed to suit her older stature.

Mori Geneva- Mori was taken from my name, i wanted someone who could do a few killings ^_^

Tiramitsu Vaughern - shes the closest to my real personality i named after the pudding Tiramisu and added an extra 'T' in the name because i didn't want her to be named exactly like a pudding. all the second names are made up n the spot, but Tiras' sounds posh ^_^ She orinally came from a posh background but her parents were in an accident - shame.

Jello yissin - It was a charcter Atti needed to have playe for her band, i really like how she turned out ^_^ and shes called Jello - how cool izzat?

i had some other characters a while back that i got rid of, two of which i wished i'd kept now.... i miss Nykjek and Colt

6. stick Rloa in the translator and you'll see ;)

7. Tyolt - She was my first character and was meant to represent me. Even though she doesnt anymore, she has matured from the way i was into something i'm quite proud of. Alot of her characteristics were mine at the time, some still are but she is different from me in her own way ^^

Temrin - She now is the representation of me. Coincidentaly some of the things she's been through are somewhat likes things i have (obviously not to such an extent as on here though.) She was first meant to be nothing like she is now. A creative spurt came forth in me. I wanted a bit of a darker character but not something totaly cliche. She ended up being somewhat a good cliche in alot of things in this world. But she's leveled out and is such a joy to RP with.

Hiei & Kailea - Brother and sister characters that were somewhat loosely based on my brother and me. Protective older brother with a good heart and a young innocent girl just coming into the reality of the world so to speak. They are a wonderful pair to play.

Nudek - I wanted to have a werewolf character. Simple as that. lol. Her character is so entertaining to play. ^^

Khuyt - Tyolts older brother. I just had an idea one day that i wanted to TRY to fill in Tyolts history. Making khuyt was about as far as i got >. >

Femp - Fey dragons inspired me to make a singer, an elemental singer at that. With a wonderful voice and used her gifts to enchance it. She has taught herself how to almost paint her songs with her gift. ^^

Telbaj - Was a plan i had with SecretDestiny to make sisters. Clan assassins. Telbaj is a unique character to me. Something about her keeps me rivited to RP with her. Her abbilities, her personailty everything! lol

Zale - I had a chance to make an aquabat and Zale is what i came up with. XD Hes a weather chaser. I used to watch tv about people who video taped weather anomalies or photographed amazing things in nature. I liked that idea and went with it. ^^

8. Phet'knis Moi - the name Phet, itself, is actually a name from an article I read in the Believer. It began by discussing the marriage of two cats named Phet and Ploy living in Thailand. It's the most expensive pet wedding that's ever occured, about $16 000. Her character, on the other hand, evolved out of me wanting a more sadistic, kind-of lopsided character, something I haven't tried in a while.

I have all intentions on making a character named Plot, btw. (:

9. Koani: Um... Koani is a word from the native American Blackfoot tribe that can either mean children playing, or unlawful sex. >__> Let's just say that Koani has a lot of history that she's tight lipped about.

Cayson: I don't know. oO; I just had the name stuck on me for quite some time. He's pretty much a cliche pretty-boy... though not entirely as he can act like quite the spoiled asshole at times.

Jaceen: Sort of a feminine version of the name "Jason." I just think it sounds pretty. Jaceen's sort of a foil for Koani in a way and a (quiet, yet) opposing force. I just really like how the two of them play off of one another.

Kakosenas: A mash up of two Greek words, "kakos" and "enas." It vaguely means "evil one," but not really. There was this one day when Jodie was really emo and... POW a Kakos was birthed.

Vythe: I wanted something that rhymed with scythe, yet not entirely obvious... so there ya go. Vythe's last name is also keyboard mashing gibberish, but it's got a nice roll to it. :P

Buuh... I'm at school for another 7 hours still. !_!

10. http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1465Pendzez</a> and http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1496Flayra</a>: Wel, they're brother and sister. Pendzez was the first and Flayra was the second. Pendzez, I forgot and Flayra, Pendzez looked like he needed a younger sister.

http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1497William</a> and http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1520Sarah</a>: They too are brother and sister. William was created because Attrius wanted Will made. Sarah was made because, well he needed a sis.

http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1550Abigail</a>: Well, I can't believe I'm going to say this, when Shriker ask for a thread with Vythe or Jaceen, she typed they were the least loved, then I knew Abigail will be good for Vythe, just old friends, nothing intimate.

http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1560Koexar</a>: Well, he was supposed to be dead, but he's alive and well. Besides, the Zazkex children needed a father.

11. Mist Sterlu - I was originally going to spell it with a 'y' but didn't go through with it for some reason. 'Sterlu' was on a list I had of random names that I keep lying around.

Eka Tsyjn - Easy, 'Ice Storm' in Ramathian. She's from a tribe in Dhruv so I thought they'd name their children accordingly. The name 'Eka' has grown on me over time.

Kazul Reatuf - 'Kazul' comes from the name of a dragon in a book I was reading near the time of creation. Apparently it was a female dragons name and I didn't even know it. 'Reatuf' was taken from playing around with the word 'future'.

Malvin Jethro - 'Jethro' Hebrew for 'Without Equal'. 'Malvin' Celtic ='Leader', English = 'Council friend.' I was making him for the council of 12 so when I saw the english meaning it kind of stuck :p

Cilea Fin - 'Cilea' is my name through the translator and 'Fin' had been an adopted screen name of mine for a few years in a few places. She was going to be like me, but she didn't turn out that way at all.

Teolun Heulm - I really wanted someone I could call 'Teo' but it was too short, so some other letters got added on. I was sure 'Heulm' was ramathian for something, or at least I got it was playing around in the translator, but I can't remember what.

Maeanu Jethro - I really like the name Mae, but only when spelt that way, I don't really like it when it's May or Mai. I know, picky picky. And once again just 'Mae' was too shrot for me, and it took ages to come up with letters to put on the end, I tried all sorts of things before settling on 'anu'. However, I'm not sure how pronouceable it is. Mae-ann-new / Mae-on-new, and I'm sure I'm tried saying it other ways before.

I've had other characters, but I knocked them off either due to having little reasons to play them or I just got tired of them.

12. Hmmm.

Fey'yore was my username check there to on how i came up with that.

Tychicus was a random nice roman soldier in the bible (What i was flicking through)

Azezal is a angelic name

Baalberith is a demon.

lol

13. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Cayson: I don't know. oO; I just had the name stuck on me for quite some time. He's pretty much a cliche pretty-boy... though not entirely as he can act like quite the spoiled asshole at times.</td></tr></table>

I think you're being too harsh, though Requiem has been having his way with him.

14. Jaina Wolfhawk: Ah, my first. Character that is... She was kind of a bottled up and slightly tweaked version of my (Yes, I'm man enough to say it!) feminin side. She is really a great medic, and I always wanted to be a doctor if I found the time... The name just sounded cool.

Pecratos Veritus Wolfhawk: I wanted a completely messed up character to offset Jaina. The first seven leters between his first and middle names minus the C and the I spell "PerVert,". That day I felt the teenage hormones a bit strongly.....

Alexender Glasswing: a creation of my subconcious mind one day I was feeling particularly resentful of the world. The name was cool, but read his profile to see where the resentful bit comes in.

Cathera Randinbore: I had just been listening to my dad talk about his gunsmith character from another RPG all day and thought; hey, I can do that! The name was random.

15. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dark Eyed Dragon @ Feb 28 2008, 02:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Cayson: I don't know. oO; I just had the name stuck on me for quite some time. He's pretty much a cliche pretty-boy... though not entirely as he can act like quite the spoiled asshole at times.</td></tr></table>

I think you're being too harsh, though Requiem has been having his way with him. </td></tr></table>
    Not at all. :P He's just two-faced. A complete charmer around his friends and family, but a little more of an aloof type and prick to anyone else... unless he's talking about himself.

16. sounds like he's selfish.

17. Well, Nhadala would most likely come from the character Nhadala in FF10-2 rather than me being creative and coming up with my own characters name.

18. All of my characters literally come from some random idea I had. Then I just gave them all faces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.