New Playable Species!

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey folks! We've got a new shiny playable species at Ramath-lehi now. Check out the http://shadowlack.com/info/species.php?id=12Takula</a>. They're these reptillian critters that Lucian created (Lots of input/suggestions from fellow Advisors as well. :heart: you guys). Very cool if you ask me. :] Check them out and possibly create one if they strike your fancy.

We've also got the next part of our plot set into motion (http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4514poor Zamfir</a>). Council stuff should be happening sometime this month. Mwahahaha. Oh, and if you're "out of the loop" concerning the current plot, check out the http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?&act=ST&f=1&t=4515Plot Summary</a> that I wrote up. It should explain a few things. If you don't feel like reading it all, the key points/events are bulleted at the top of the post.

2. :/ That confuses things, for sure.

What would my pending character, Kala Nag be now? He has several distinct features that don't match up with the Takula, such as black glossy scales and five fingers, with shorter claws, but at the same time has several Takula traits, such as being reptilian, having a severe weakness to cold, and being large and brutish. Would a mutation be possible? Or should he stay as a Pendragon?

3. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Regret @ Dec 5 2005, 07:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> :/ That confuses things, for sure.

What would my pending character, Kala Nag be now? He has several distinct features that don't match up with the Takula, such as black glossy scales and five fingers, with shorter claws, but at the same time has several Takula traits, such as being reptilian, having a severe weakness to cold, and being large and brutish. Would a mutation be possible? Or should he stay as a Pendragon? </td></tr></table>
    That's up to you. :) If you want to change him into a Takula, you may, but you don't have to.

4. Would it be possible to change him without having to alter things in a drastic way? Or would I have to alter some key points?

5. I haven't really had much time to look and compare, so I'm not sure. I don't think it'd be too tough to turn him into a Takula though.

6. Hm, nah, I think I'll leave him as normal pendragon. Lots of room for diversity. I don't feel like compensating for the differences either right now.

7. *pokes shiny new species and then goes off to create one*

8. Woo my species, and erm yeah. Woo.

Oh yeah and Regret, the Takula are allowed a lot of special abilities that you normally are not allowed for Pendragons or such, anyway have a read of them I donÂ’t think you will find it hard to change them since your character is basically one anyway.

Also you could make him someone who eats other randomly that sort of mentality does work for Takula. Anyways yeah hope every one else likes them too. :D

9. Aye, I think he actually migh work as a Takula. A crippled one, but a Takula nonetheless. I love, excellent work by Lucian and everyone who helped create them. ;D

10. Maybe they should have thier own languge, yes I know, anubi alreadfy have thier own, but it would be fun^^ and there should be a translaters, Tekula's speak it to each other, and common to the normal 'dragon^^

11. Excellent work Lucian. I pay my compliments.

12. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkRuby @ Dec 6 2005, 06:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Maybe they should have thier own languge, yes I know, anubi alreadfy have thier own, but it would be fun^^ and there should be a translaters, Tekula's speak it to each other, and common to the normal 'dragon^^ </td></tr></table>
    The Takula already have a "pictorial" language that could be developed... I don't really think we need another text based language on the site. Specially another that just involves letter swapping.

Wee, I like scalies. :heart:

13. =] AWESOME.
    I love new species.
    Amazingly done.

Hm.
    I agree with Shriker about the languages.
    But ... perhaps we could make some basic Takula words?

14. I'd say perhaps the Takula could be sort of like a copycat race. They got their pictographic language from other pendragon contact. They would use common figures in the world to convey messages, even perhaps drawing machina and machinery to show technology. Hmmm, this interests me.

15. Well wooooness, me is so happy now. I so didnt know wether they would take off or not, lol i kinda wrote a lot for them. Also though I did mention somewhere about their language.

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>The Takula can also speak another language, though they never share it with non Takula. It is called Takola and it consists of not only words and hisses but also body language and tail movements. This makes it one of the hardest languages to learn and very hard to actually speak correctly.</td></tr></table> There it is, right at the bottom. :D

And yay so happy :D

16. :D Skeehee. Delayed kudos, Lucien. They wound up looking sexy cool.

17. Thanks ^^ :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.