New playable race

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Shadow, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an idea for a new playable race/species. Before I posted a description, I wanted to know if ya'll would even allow a new one, anyway.

2. I think they always look at submissions, but if and when they do they normally re-work it quite a bit before actually accepting it.

3. Yip, we're always open to new ideas. So go ahead and post a description XD mwar!

4. Though, I remember it being said that it woukld have to be AMAZING for it to get in, since there are plenty of races... it was a while ago, but we've not lost any since. May wanna wait for Jods on that one.

5. Go ahead, the worst that can happen is that you waste time and have it rejected.

6. You may aswell as these lot have already said. Just make sure its original and if you have any trouble trying to describe it or are unsure about certain boundaries for your species then just say and we'll help.

we always help its what we lie here, in waiting for *creepy voice*

allllwaaaays.

but seriously can't wait to see what you've came up with :heart:

love love ^_^

7. Well, I have about three that I'm creating for a little project of mine. But, before I post them (which will be after school today) I wanted to know if they absolutely have to be draconic. 'Cause, only one of them is.

8. yep make it original
    although im myself no good at thinking originally but usually randomness works good too so go ahaed a nice new playable species would be great

9. Krullchak

Krullchaks are lizard-like creatures with a human-like face and a smooth neck, stomach, and underside. The rest of their body is covered with scales ranging from red, green, and blue. Sometimes, in special cases, even a mixture of colors. They have retractable claws on their fingers and smallish claws on their toes. They have long, scaled tails with two spikes on either side of its tip and horns on their head. Their eyes are slitted and they have four fangs. Two on top, two on bottom. The rest of their teeth are small and pin-like, but still sharp. The Krullchak have a violent and bloody past. They used to be a warring race who fought with anyone who got in their way. Even different tribes of Krullchak fought with each other. That all stopped a little less than a thousand years ago, though, when their race was nearly wiped out completely. A few young Krullchak saw what their future would eventually turn out to e if things kept going the way they were, so, they came up with a plan that got the others to listen. Unfortunately, they lost a couple lives in the process. The tribes made peace with one another at last and now live a more civilized and peaceful life with a somewhat stable government. They have a council of three and one ruler for all of the tribes. The council of three is made up of a chosen Krullchak from the ice tribe, the earth tribe, and the fire tribe. A Wicaw (ruler) for the entire race as a whole is chosen by the council, and all decisions make by the Wicaw must be passed through the council first. The exception to this rule is if all three members of the council cannot come to an agreement on a matter, the decision will be left up to the Wicaw. Being well accustomed to war, the women of the Krullchak, as well as the men, are tough and strong willed. Both genders share equal roles in taking care of household chores and other work and also take care of the children until they are ready to go out on their own. The female's scales are usually a more brighter color than the males and their horns are black and curved backwards, whereas the males' horns are curved to the side. Both genders are able to grow out hair on their head, if they wish, but most prefer to keep it shaved. The mothers of the tribe give live birth and the babies are scaleless and hornless. They have colored skin, like the face of the race, and as they grow older, gradually develope scales and horns.

10. The Krullchak Language

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    O D F H A J L P E M B C D G U Z X W V K I N Q R S T

11. Not to be mean but. It won't work.

I'm blunt, shoot me.

12. Well, could you explain why? I have a few more races. These are things I'm using in a little project of my own. If they don't work, I'll just continue with my project.

13. Look at the current races, look how much more descriptive they are. You don't have near enough detail to do it. To make it on the list.

14. That's just a basic rough draft. An over-all description. If ya'll liked it, I was planning on extending it. I have a lot more I could add to them.

15. Get a working version and you've a better chance. If I may ask Benji (ahem ahem. :P ) to bring up the project we were working on at one point, should there still be an existing copy, it may serve as an example... a purpose more than to gather dust. :]

16. Whoa, guys, ease off. That was hardly constructive criticism.

I understand it's a rough draft. Don't you worry about that :p Righty. I'm wary about this. The concept is good, but the mention of human-like faces is my first issue. I really wouldn't be comfortable with a race that resembles the humans. Like Mori said, they should be related to the Pendragons. Even the Aquabats (albeit now a species of their own) had been related.

That's something as well. I notice you consistently refer to them as a "race" rather than a "species" or even "sub-species". In the full version, you may have that worked out, but I thought it worth mentioning (:

Another thing I'm a tad unsure about is the Council idea. I don't know if they are allowed a "council" as such, but this will take some of Jods input. I'd imagine it may, potentially, ICly, be a conflict of interests. Unsure.. it caught my attention, is all.

I would like to see more, if not the full version, on this. As it stands, I'm a tad iffy, but seeing the full version would be more worth the while.

17. Just pretty much echoing what Dumu said. Generally the more detailed the idea you put forward, the easier it is for us to imagine it, and hopefully give it some proper critiques. If we are to have a new species though, it *is* best if they are related to pendragons in some way. If they aren't, they'd have to be both a) extremely exceptional, and b) have a darn good reason for being on Ramath-lehi. :)

There's way too much discouragement in this thread though. So people, try to be helpful. Any more comments that are not constructive, will be deleted. The suggestion box isn't a place where ideas should be shot down. It's a place where they should be built upon and given the opportunity to grow.

18. *nods in agreement*

19. Well, as I mentioned earlier, it was originally for a project I have been working on. Which is why it is it's own race and has a government of it's own. But, think about this. Don't you ever get tired of just pendragons? I mean, in the project I'm working on, there were once humans, but earth was destroyed and the few that were left went to Chirok and died because of disease. That's why it mentions human-like faces. That's just to say that it's not long and lizard-like. It's smooth skin. But, don't you think a different race would be cool? Like maybe some other race came to Ramath-lehi and there's tension and all cause of the new people. It could start a really cool story line. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.