Resolved New plant

Thread in 'Help Desk' started by Number21, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plant Name: Kayo

Phonetic Name: K-O

Category: Spices Herbs

Frequency: Extremely Common

Description: A Kayo is a plant with a large central round body with many bulbs covering it. Those bulbs contain it’s chewy nuts. The central body has ridges on it, with small rough white bristles covering it all. The central body is greenish-yellow and turns gold when the nuts are ripe for picking. The colors of the bulbs vary with taste and similar colors appear in groups. A Kayo plant is incredibly resilient plant and can thrive in harsh environments.

Size: Largest around three feet, but normally around two feet. The bulbs measure around five inches around with three nuts inside around an inch in diameter.

Edible: Kayo nuts are extremely chewy and it sticks together even under the strongest chewing, but won‘t stick to the chewer.
    Inside a wetland environment you can find the orange Kayo which have a much higher nutritional value than other Kayo variations.
    In grasslands you can find the much more common red Kayos, if one chews a red Kayo they with have a burst of spicy juices quickly chased down by a soothing sweetener.
    Red Kayos also thrive in other environments.

Purple Kayos thrive in any area with shade including forests and cities. A purple Kayo is the sweetest Kayo. It tastes like a sweet drink but is chewy and lasts much longer.
    Black Kayos are mysterious, not many people know where they are found but are purchasable in packs to trick people with. They turn the chewers mouth black and after five minutes of chewing dissolves into smoke. Even though they are unlike other Kayos they share the same genetic makeup proving they are true Kayo nuts.
    Blue Kayos thrive only in higher altitudes of mountainous regions, The kayo plant itself is smaller than it’s other variations and has less bulbs making a blue Kayo rarer. Blue Kayo nuts give the chewer a strong burst of bitterness that is used sometimes as brain-food.

Biomes: Wetland, Grassland, Boreal Forest, Temperate Forest, Tropical Rainforest, Mountain.

2. hey there! this looks like a good beginning, but i always cringe when people bring to the table new flora and forgot that, generally speaking, most plants cannot exist over several biomes without being an extreme generalist. i don't think i know of a plant that can exist in every biome without being specialized as a subspecies. so what i would suggest is the following:

imagine what climate, exactly, you see this plant inhabiting. is it... in a moist, but sunny wetland? or a dry, barren desert? then redefine its biome. (:

otherwise, the only other suggestion i would give is to reword a sentence or two, because a few are a little awkward. overall, though, i think the kayo sounds great!

------------

edit: think it looks good to go! great job. c:

3. The one I'd have issues with is the mountain. All the others at least have something in common, but mountains are perhaps more harsh for something which looks like it requires a soft environment.

I like it though. Certainly a novelty plant =D No spelling errors, reads well, very clear. Yeah, well done. If you want to keep the mountain one, I suggest you try to come up with a variant which explains how it's suited for that area =)<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:52 pm --<br /><br />Double postage, woo!

Great, I like how you've broken it up for each region. What're your thoughts Phylus?

4. Thank you two for your constructive criticism. I hope my other ideas work out as well.

5. You know, the Wiki's open to the public now =) If you want to add it, feel more than welcome ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.