New FAQ

Thread in 'General Chat' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <font color='#000000'>There's a new FAQ system up. Hopefully it'll be much more easier to navigate. I'm still adding questions and answers to it at the moment... but I'm tired, and I feel like sleeping now.

On a different note, my computer is being really buggy and has been refusing to even open Photoshop this week. So that is what has been keeping the new layout at bay. --;

Also... I'd like to take this moment to mourn for Kat (Okkie XII). For reasons undisclosed, she won't be around for a while... What I would like to do is create a list, or perhaps... a petition, of sorts. Is Ramath-lehi and roleplaying really pointless? Have any of you learned anything while being here?

100 valid reasons why Kat should be here right now and why Ramath-lehi and roleplaying in general is an awesome and worthwhile experience.

1. Kat makes Jodie smile.
    2. She's intelligent, has a very positive and friendly attitude, and has been trying hard to get a job in 'real life'.

Add your own. I have plenty more. [​IMG]</font>

2. <font color='6C6C6C'>3. She makes the bestest pendragon cookies.
    4. Kat makes Zeva smile (and laugh, and come this close to wetting herself after laughing so hard)
    5. The pendragon cookies.
    6. RPing is fun with Kat because she doesn't type like a 9-year-old AOL troll, nor in l33t. (OOCly is a different story! [​IMG] )
    7. ... I don't think I've mentioned the pendragon cookies... mmmm... sprinkles...</font>

3. <font color='#000080'>8. Kat makes us ALL smile
    9. Kat is the best roleplayer there is. Period.
    10. Kat is a good friend and is always there for you when you need her.
    11. Kat is just plain FUN.
    12. Kat is my best bud on R-L.
    13. Kat is adorable!</font>

4. <font color='#000080'>14. she is a great person, livens up my day
    15. she is overall a well rounded person, and makes every thread interesting with her witty remarks!
    16. i havent known her that long, but she seems like a very cool person</font>

5. <font color='#000F22'>17. Kat rawks everyone's sawks.
    18. Kat is a REVOLT BADGER!
    19. Kat is part of what makes RaL such a fun place.

I have more... but I have screaming children to take care of. >>;</font>

6. <font color='6C6C6C'>20. RPing lets us be someone else who would be persecuted in RL. You can be a psychotic assassin IC and be perfectly normal.
    21. RPing gets tension out; it's a stress reliever.
    22. Lets you act out anger ICly. (I always find typing how my character is pissed or murdering something graphically oddly soothing... O_o  Kinda like punching a pillow in RL. )
    23. Gives you reasons to laugh and act (or BE) a goofy ass. (Adults laugh an average of 4 times a day, while children laugh 146. I wouldn't classify any of us as "children" -though we act like it sometimes- so we definitely need more reasons to laugh! )
    24. It's what psychologists/psychiatrists would consider delving into yourself - by having a bunch of personas you discover parts of yourself.

Case in point: just about all of my characters through my online life EVERYwhere have been healers, warriors (honor code-based; protective of others) , or mages/dragons specializing in fire and/or ice. And in RL, I'm a compassionate person who'll kick your ass, then set you on fire, and in an act of that afformentioned compassion, throw you in an ice cold pool/lake to put you out. XD</font>

7. <font color='#728FCE'>25. Kat works really hard to make sure everyone has a fun time at RaL.

26. Roleplaying builds vocabulary xD

27. Kat is a spiffy Roleplayer.

28. Roleplaying can help you later in life, if you choose to become a writer, you have experience writing detailed sentences and such.

29. Kat doesn't use evil chat-speak *shudder* I hate chat-speak.</font>

8. <font color='#FF1493'>30. kat is bubbly and interesting to talk to.

31. roleplaying with her is always a blast.

32. roleplaying, in general, has made me a better writer, and i've been getting high 90s in my writing pieces for english.

33. interesting plots and places.

34. fantasy is a great genre. it can be as vague or as descriptive as the person would like.

35. kat's character's are creative.

YEY.</font>

9. <font color='#000000'>36. Each of Kat's posts make me laugh at least five times.
    37. Kat has the only character with removeable, retractable, and down right kick-ass wings!
    38. Kat can draw. :]
    39. Kat's socks have pockets.</font>

10. <font color='#000080'>40.Kat is nice and kind to everyone.

41.Role playing is a great way to make friends.

42.Kat is always here for us.

43.Role playing keeps us thinking.

44.We all love Kat</font>

11. <font color='#000000'>45. Play-by-Post roleplaying is a group effort. Each and every one of us contributes to the building of a growing thread/storyline. Find me a teacher out there that says that "teamwork" is a bad thing.
    46. Roleplaying provides people with genuine experiences within safe ficticious settings (A lot like those "choose your own adventure" novels, only with more free choice). You make decisions in your thread or plotline, then wait upon other players to see what the consequences will be. The world in which we roleplay may be in fat "make believe", but the decisions players make and the anticipation people feel while roleplaying are real.
    47. Roleplaying can put you in sitiations that you otherwise would never be able to act out and analyze. Eg. Writing about the death of one of your characters. This can help you come to terms with your feelings on subjects that you might otherwise avoid.
    48. Anyone can roleplay. All kids (at least those that I'm aware of) have experienced some form of roleplaying in their lives. Think... the game of Cops and Robbers for example or Cowboys and Indians. We're all a pretty healthy bunch.
    49. Most fiction novelists are roleplaying. How else would they be able to write about the characters that live in their books if they couldn't "slide into their personaes"?
    50. To elaborate on the creativity point: Roleplaying encourages creativity a.k.a. the need to "think outside the box" which is a much needed thing in our global community. Kat could be the designer of the next Nike swoosh thing!
    51. Roleplaying is somewhat a form of active new age storytelling.
    52. It takes patience, commitment, and trust to be an active member of any roleplaying game. All of which are essential skills for developing leadership. Honesty is also another commemorable trait connected to successful leadership (You wouldn't know that by looking at our governments but...).</font>

12. <font color='#0000FF'>53.  Kat has not met me yet, which is a sin on this mortal Earth.

54.  Even though I don't quite agree with being in more than thread at once, since going on adventures to a general purpose would be more interesting, the R-L world has a potential for change.  As a matter of fact, I'm going to write a plot...

55.  All RPGs are equally good, even the DBZ clones.  It is all in the members.</font>

13. <font color='#000080'>56. Kat is my cuddlebunny. Not to mention she's the best friend you could have!</font>

14. <font color='#FFFFFF'>57. Never really knew Kat... but I'd like to get to know her.
    58. RPing gives Jodie a chance to beat on me for not replying. Jodie needs someone to beat on.
    59. I used to type one letter per second... because of RPing, i type faster now.
    60. Ramath Lehi is good because I don't think the teachers at college would like it if Jodie and I passed around a scruffy, ragged, smelly, spilt on, pages missing, raggedy old comic book.... Plus, this site is much better than the old, The Comic website, which only had two members, Jodie and me.</font>

15. <font color='#000F22'>61. Kat just plain rocks.

62. Roleplaying can help you with your people skills; you meet new people and communicate with them. Most of the myou don't know.

63. You get to know people from all over. Like, you could be talking to a person from Japan or Russia, and be right in your own home.

64. It's mostly free.

65. It gives you a chance to express yourself through your characters.

66. You meet awesome friends.

67. You learn some HTML skills which could be useful in finding a job in real life.

68. Your character may inspire you to get involved in drawing, and thus letting you get into art more.

69. A RPG could make you want to become an author, especially a cool one like this.

70. You can be whatever you want, or whoever. You may hate yourself in real life, but you can be anything you want online.

71. It's just plain fun.

72. Kat is just plain fun.

Ok, I'm on fire. I'll think of more later.</font>

16. <font color='#000080'>73. RPGs allow you to write and otherwise communicate with intelligent youth (and adults) of different ages, nationalities, and skill levels than yourself.

74. The people here care about this. The people in your Language Arts class are half-likely not to give a fat damn about their grade and spend the whole time goofing off, thus limiting your hands on literary expertise.

75. RPGs allow you to make friends. Heck, when I moved the only friends I had in GA were Zeva and Yay!

76. Older members can give younger members advice and vice versa.

Woo! My mom doesn't count RP friends as real friends because I've never met them. Poo.</font>

17. <font color='#000080'>Likewise. But I've been roleplaying for so long that she's learned to come to terms; she bought me unlimited US phone service (so I can call everyone I meet online who lives in the US&#33[​IMG] Hehe, so I WANNA CALL YOU ALL! LoL ^_^ I've had it forever, I just never thought of it.</font>

18. <font color='#000000'>Aw... I'd read this list a few days ago, but I didn't really know how to reply. Thanks for all the nice comments and stuff, guys. [​IMG] It makes Kattle happy. Hexae's comments were especially amusing, and... and... I wuff Jodie muchly! And all of you! Life-sized pendragon treats for all! Long live Ramath-lehi, roleplaying, and unemployment! YAAAY!!!</font>

19. <font color='#000000'>'Scuzz we all luff you kattle! *Squeekatpilehug.*</font>

20. <font color='6C6C6C'>*grins!* YESH! We ruv roo reorge!! XD *tackleclingstoXII*

77. Online you find emotional support from friends. Normally we don't tell people in RL half of the junk that goes on in our lives, for fear they'll 'turn us in' or that they'll torment us for life about it. Online, there's no such fear. (1, they generally don't have your contact info, or aren't savvy enough to find it, and 2, if online friends tease you, it's as simple as never visiting those forums or checking that e-mail again! ) Because the fear isn't there, we can freely get off our chests what's driving us insane, and therefore, we are each other's shrinks. [​IMG]</font>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.