NaNoWriMo 2008 - It has begun!

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Lautir, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's right folks, November is coming, which means so is National Novel Writing Month. What is this so called magical month you may ask yourself. Well it's called November to most people, but for the thousands of hopeful writers out there it's a month about learning to let go of strict plot lines or your inner editor to try and pump out a novel in 30 days.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I kid you not. The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a 50,000 word story between Nov. 1st - Nov. 30th
    </span>​
    Still confused? Check out the official website http://www.nanowrimo.orgnanowrimo.org</a>, they have a very helpful FAQ that should answer any of your questions. Intrigued? Sign up, look around. Participating already? Sweet. Not Participating? Can I convince you?

If you're already on the NaNo forums sit yourself down here and tell me about your story. Gush about how excited you are, and let me know who you are on the forums so I can add you to my friends list ;)
    <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Welcome to NaNoWriMo's 10th birthday celebration!

We sneakily re-launched early so we could have extra time for things to break and get fixed (and then break again in exciting ways). Something not working right? Post a report about it in our bug reports forum! The site will be super-wonky for a bit while it finds its footing and the new servers settle in.

This is a really exciting year for us for more than just the decade milestone. We've got a bigger, better staff, a new great crew of Pep Talkers, and, best of all, we've got you.

High-five, brave writer. This November, we're going to make history together.

See you around the site!

Chris
    NaNoWriMo</span>
    </td></tr></table>

2. I'm always too busy in November.
    Plus, writing is something I'm awful at. :P

3. Psssssh, we're all busy in November, and you're definitely not awful :D

4. I'll also be writing something. Whether or not I can finish it for NaNoWriMo, I have no idea. But there's definitely something in the mix.

5. *cheers for november*
    :heart: nanowrimo, i've been doing it since... 2005? sounds about right, granted last year was the only year I didn't finish ( by a whopping 6,000 words >_> ) I'm intending on doing NaNo this year and balancing with 3 hour fencing practices, 5 days a week, and *maybe* playing enough world of warcrack so my character hits 80 before christmas X3

6. Shweeet, someone else!

Those are some long practices you've got there :O

What's your NaNo screen name Siaka?

7. *sneaks in* HELLO!!!!

I is not dead and I will be doing NaOnWriMo. Well I'm gonna try. I'm doing Creative writing as part of my degree :P I'm not sure what right now. I shall have to think.

It will probably be based around Shades of Black and Med ;) Not sure though lol.

How is everyone? :P I'm an old fogie now :P

8. My NaNo screen name is "Insomnia" if it doesn't let you look for it or whatever, check out the "Serial Killer's Convention" thread in the Horror/Thriller section of the forums =D

9. Your not an old fogie Madgirl :O I'm only two years younger then you! But yeah, NaNo plotting is going good, can't say the same for anything else x_c (Welcome back :D)

I'll add you, Siaka, when ever the site comes back online.

10. Hmm, yeah, couldn't search 'Insomnia', nor could I find that thread :O

I'm Fin over on the Nano forums, feel free to add me.

I'm just bumping this up, because well we've got a little more than a day to go and I wanted to mention http://community.livejournal.com/lj_nanowrimo/this Livejournal</a> community that will donate a dollar for every ljer who finished their novel in November. Just post your screen name and you're good to go.

Happy noveling ;D

11. I might enter >.> I have a story I was writing for class and it was 5000 words the last time I checked. Who knows.

12. I also might enter. I have a story that I recently started that I should see what other people think of it.

13. Well... maybe. >___>

14. C'on, you know you wanna!

Feel free to toss around ideas here Weasel, I like to hear other peoples plots :)

15. [​IMG]

Ehehe, I can't stop smiling! Even though this is exactly how I felt last time.

:3

16. Congratz Lautir!

17. Thanks Weasel :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.