Flora My Flora Suggestions

Thread in 'World Building' started by Pendzez Zazkex, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name: Florni Marei (Maray)

Category: Herb-Medicinal
    Edible: Not edible. Mainly used for Alchemy and medicines
    Size: 1 ft. tall
    Frequency: common
    Description: Though not edible raw, Alchemists and people good with medicines use this herb for medical purposes. Its mainly a green color but some are a light orange color and always have hot pink flowers. The flowers it has are used to make sleeping pills and sleeping powder for escaping your foes by putting them to sleep because of the pollen it contains. The leaves itself are used for antidotes and anti-vemons if bitten by or drank something poisonous. The roots are used as a antiseptic that is helpful for burns when crushed. Found in cave entrances, grassland fields, and at the base of forest tree trunks.
    Biomes: Caves, Grasslands, and Forest

(Note: The word in the brackets is how the last word is pronounced. Don't add it to Flora & Fauna Database.)

2. I think you've hit all the important points. There're a couple instances of grammar where maybe a comma or bracket would have helped ease reading along, but aside from that, it all makes sense and a good suggestion (:

3. well it making sense is what concerns me but thanx for what u think

4. what do u other peolpe think

5. I like it, something we can add to the compendium when we get all the updates together.

6. why, thank you

7. I like the idea - I just think it could just a little bit more elaboration. For example, I want to know what the flowers look like. You gave us the colour of them, but that's all. Same goes for the leaves. If the flowers weren't in bloom, how would you easily recognize the plant?

8. How about now???

Name: Florni Marei (Maray)

Category: Herb-Medicinal
    Edible: Not edible. Mainly used for Alchemy and medicines
    Size: 1 ft. tall
    Frequency: common
    Description: Though not edible raw, Alchemists and people good with medicines use this herb for medical purposes. Its never dies off, except the flowers, thats why Alchemists and Doctors try to get these flowers between the day they blossom and the day they die off. They blossom on the first day of the Dyo quarter then, die off on the 20th day of the Dyo quarter, so they only stay abloom for 20 days. Its mainly a green color but some are a light orange color and always have hot pink flowers. The flowers are similar to tulip heads, but are 3/4 the normal height and 1/2 the normal width. They are used to make sleeping pills as a help to go to sleep and sleeping powder for escaping your foes by putting them to sleep because of the pollen they contains. The leaves are broad and are 9 cm long and always remain a vibrant green color. Same with the stalks, but some can be a light orange color, which are very rare. These leaves are used for antidotes and anti-vemons if bitten by or drank something poisonous. The roots go 15 cm into the ground and are used as a antiseptic that is helpful for burns when crushed. Found in cave entrances, grassland fields, and at the base of forest tree trunks.
    Biomes: Caves, Grasslands, and Forest

(Note: The word in the brackets is how the last word is pronounced. Don't add it to Flora & Fauna Database.)

9. Getting much better. :)

Two more things about the flowers though - do they blossom during a specific season, and how long do they actually blossom for? Since you mentioned it being days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.