Resolved Multiple Trades

Thread in 'Help Desk' started by Maair, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, so as of right now I have a pending character who is 32 and I gave him 3 trades (1 unofficial), at his primary, he is journeyman, but at his secondary and tertiary he is a mere apprentice.

(Is that okay? Will he be rejected because of it?)

And the real question... would I be allowed to make a character with 4 or 5 trades? I'm guessing her age will be in the range of an older teen (I'm sorry, I know there are a lot of 'dragons that age, but since it's my age range I think I'd feel more comfortable.. I will consider making her older to help un-skew the demographics, though, because I did look at the 'wanted characters' page). I would not try to make her the highest level possible for her age for more than one of them, i.e. if she was about 16-19 she would have one trade at the apprentice level (or maybe even none!) and the rest basic.
    I don't want to make her overly skilled or anything, I just want to show that she's considering a few different paths and pursuing a few different subjects.

Anyway, sorry about all the probably unneeded details, but would that be acceptable? Or should I just add in the miscellaneous her other trades as hobbies?

2. Firstly, welcome to Ramath-lehi, and thank you for taking the time to read through our ever expanding site =^^=

Additional trades is absolutely fine =) 4 or 5 trades is uncommon, but it's not unheard of. As you've rightly said, your charrie wouldn't be fully skilled in all of them. Depending on the dedication of your character, they could be highly skilled in one, know some of another and dabble in the last couple.

It's no problem at all. All I would need to know is what trades you'd like. But something to be aware of is that when trades get added to a character profile, they don't always turn up in the order you want them to. Say if you wanted Hunting, Seerism, Telepathy and Elemental Kinesis (in that order) you may find that Elemental Kinesis comes up first in the list, but the trade level will still be attached to whatever the trade name is. A secondary or tertiary trade can still be your character's main trade, regardless of whatever position it takes in the trade details =)

I would urge you, though, that if your character has more than 2 trades a good History backing their decision making and how having more than 2 trades impacts their life would be ideal =) It's not necessary, but especially when I review chars, I'd like to know why they've gone with multiple trades.

But if you want specific help with profile writing, then a lot of us are very good at it. Feel free to PM anyone here for assistance! We're all nice - promise! *shifteh eyes*

And in regards to your 32 charrie, their trades aren't a problem either from what I see.

Anywho!! I hope that helps you!

3. Thanks! It was all very fascinating, I love reading the information here =)

The order thing wouldn't be an issue at all for me!
    It may be a bit before the character comes out, right now she's just a feeling I have, but I will keep that in mind and plan on explaining her multiple trade choices.

If I have any more questions I will not be afraid to ask, thank you for your prompt and descriptive reply. It did indeed help :heart:

4. <span style='color:red'>I have a little something to add to this. If a character takes up a new trade throughout a thread, can it then be added to their profile?</span>

5. Yep =) all you need to do is let me (or Jodie) know what new trade you want added to which character, and at what rank. Obviously we'll check the age of your character to make sure that the rank will match up.

And you bad girl you. You missed SO much today!! Gaaah. Kamal's 50 O_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.