Member Area

Thread in 'General Chat' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I finished up the coding for the <a href=http://shadowlack.com/members.php>Member Area</a>. Now depending on whether you're a Guest, Pending Member, Member, Lurker, or Staff Member, it'll tell you different things (like what you need to do) and give you access to different parts of the site. Hopefully it'll make joining a lot easier in the future. I also added a "View my Characters" link too for Members. If you click on it, it'll list all of the Character Profiles that you have posted. I thought that would be handy for people when they're trying to find out the links to their profiles. If you want something else added to the Member Area, let me know.

2. Wow, thatÂ’s so handy :o And I love the set up, it makes everything so easy. Excellent job Jodie. No matter how great this place becomes you always seem to think of new things to add :)

3. Twee, I like it : 0-D It'd be nice if it had the signature there as well as the avatar... and I'd also like a link to the gallery somehow? But really, overall, it's quite an excellent page, very nifty-looking and handy for getting whereever ya need to be easily, and I don't really see anything wrong with it as it is now. I like how the FAQ's in BOLD, RED coloring X 0-D

Er...actually...take the nothing wrong bit back...? o.o; Not on the Member Area page, but on the change email link (whichI just tried, enh). Firstly, the images for the security code are all broken, making it a hard thing to enter. ; 0-) Secondly, the email's very hard to read as white text--I think it could be my computer changing the background to yellow (obnoxious thing--anyone else have problems?), but nonetheless it'd be nice to have another text color so I can actually read the thing. Erk. --Heh, it's just been put up and already Biskit's complaining o.o; It looks like it was a lot of work, too, so thanks for putting all that time and effort into it, Jodie ; 0-) and please don't interpret my whining as ingratefulness, lol.

4. OOoh... I believe I'll need to contact our host about that one. Those are dynamically generated images, so the path to the image manipulation thinger much be wrong (I'm so technical... lol, thinger). The gallery probably also won't work if that path is wrong, so I'll get right on that. :P

As for the background changing to yellow, what page or pages is this happening on?

5. Aha, it's the *host's* fault! ; 0-P Hehe, all right. I just hope no one has anything to email me that actually needs reading in the meantime X 0-D

Poking about to see if it happens on other pages also...I find yellow fields on the "Create a Character" (several), "Edit Your Profile"/Control Panel (name box only), and "Change Your Email" (new email/confirm new email) pages. ...It's just the backgrounds of those few text entry boxes; everything else looks normal.
    Bleh, I think it *IS* my computer doing it (or maybe the OS) X 0-P It seems like it's only certain fields... I'm not having a problem with it on the char creation page, though, since the text is black. It'd just be nice to be able to read what I write on the other ones o.o;

6. Hm... I don't know what's up with those images. They're generating just fine on the "register" page for new accounts. :/ If you want, you can just PM me the new email address and I'll change it manually.

7. I have those yellow things(if you mean when the background of the box you type your name in) EX: name: <table border="1" bordercolor="#ffffff" ><tr color = "#ffff99" font color = "#ffffff" ><td>Mithun Balraj</td></tr></table> ... lol i KNOW i messed up somewhere in the html.... XD anyway, its cos of a program that remembers what you type there, so the next time if your typing it, it will remember it for you... it only works for common feilds like Name, Address, etc =)

8. I thought it might be something like that O.o Is it XP doing it, or...? *wants to know if it's easliy turn-offable* Then there won't be opportunities for problems with it like I'm (and I'm assuming others, as well, are) having here.
    *prefers to just type the stuff herself* 'Cause sometimes you want something different than usual in the fields--interesting though it might be to have a pendragon character named after myself : 0-P

Hey, Shriker, did you take the gallery down? o.o; 'Cause it's either that or I'm blind and amn't seeing the link for it...heh. --EDIT: Er, wait, no, the links at the bottoms of posts work. Okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.