It's that time again. NaNoWriMo 2012!

Thread in 'General Chat' started by shriker, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaNoWriMo is right around the corner again. :) Let me know if you're participating! Also, if you've participated over the past years (as of 2007) and won, you're eligible for a/n award(s) here on Shadowlack. I'll award them retroactively if you link me to your NaNoWriMo account.

I don't believe I'll be participating this year, but I've given myself another project. I'm aiming to fill an empty journal/sketchbook with as much sentimental mush and drawings as I possibly can. :D

2. Hrm, this is interesting.....and it would be quite the challenge.......I might participate, gonna talk to my S/O about it tonight.

3. Dooooo it, Kadou! It's tons of fun :D

I'm participating again this year, which is building up to be the most difficult year yet! (time constraint wise). I'm generally confident that I can hit the word count, but I'm not really sure about the content right now, it might get a little messy.

I believe I'm just missing the achievement from 2011. And if any of you are registered on the NaNo site you can buddy me! -> Fin

4. Added the award for you! I added it to the site a while back, but must have gotten side-tracked.

I also highly, highly recommend using Scrivener for writing. I bought it a few years ago and it's turned into a rather invaluable tool for me. I've used it for NaNoWriMo, roleplay posts, blogs, project planning, and a wide variety of other things.

5. Sadly I cannot afford to buy well....anything...right now. I will bookmark that program though, and keep it in mind for the future.

Still thinking about whether or not I'm gonna do this.....I think I'll go soak in the hot tub and check out the rules and everything, and come back with a decision.[DOUBLEPOST=1351566339][/DOUBLEPOST]Yea....don't have the motivation. Maybe next year.....thinking about shutting down my fanfic writing too.

6. I made a $250 donation to NaNoWriMo in Shadowlack's name. :) Keep writing alive! Good luck to all of the participants this year.

2012-nanowrimo.png

Lautir likes this.
  7. I can't like that enough :heart: :')

It will be here waiting for you next year Kadou. Think of it as a year to think of a story :D Why shut down your fanfic writing though?

8. I'm dealing with lots of crap right now between how my family is treating me like crap, and trying to get the funds to move to Australia....I just have a hard time finding any motivation to write right now, and it's depressing. Writing is usually my escape from things, but now I can't even get any inspiration for my fanfic stories.

I did finish a chapter on one of them, but it was already 90% done.

9. I'm sorry to hear that Kayou :( I hope things start improving for you soon!

10. They will, eventually. Thinking about getting a job, even though I'm supposed to be disabled.

11. Made it to the 50k mark but failed to get to the end of my story. As is starting to be the norm for me D: Now I'm turning it into an interactive Choose Your Own Adventure game for kicks, maybe it will help me figure out the ending!

12. Yaaaay! You are a winner!

Now... you can also have multiple endings!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.