Guitar Pro

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Denizen, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone else use it? What I have in mind is, if anyone does play around in it, to swap tabs and see what others are doing, how they sound, offer suggestions for additional tracks, etc.

For those who don't know, Guitar Pro is a robust sheet music reading program. It allows you to include every type of musical notation; to edit a bunch of things via a "mixer" table (such as Volume, Pan, Chorus, Reverb, Phaser, Tremolo, Tempo) and apply these new settings either straight away to a note, or assign them over beats and bars; if you're good at tabbing music, it offers you the numbered tab system or equally if you're good at notation you can use that; it -can- export to .wav and .mp3 but I have yet to get a good example Oo'. You have to set up the on-board sound card to accept information from GP; lesee, what else... it's like Fruity Loops in a way. Speed, time signatures, tuning, cappos, a 'real sound engine' which is very powerful (a little too powerful in some cases), tone ring options, the ability to put text on the sheet like title/song name/author/general notes to keep in mind about the music/lyrics.

Hm. It's quite powerful. The program isn't free, though =/ someone got it for me, but I know it isn't free. The latest one is Guitar Pro 5, I believe. Maybe even 6.

Oh yes, it can also save tabs as .jpg or .pdf if you like to learn from reading.

2. a little off topic but, what IS it with you n fruit loops just now?!

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>what else... it's like Fruity Loops in a way</td></tr></table>

3. Moreh, Fruity loops is another computer music program..

Although the cereal does rock! =D

4. i know :P but he keeps mentioning it elsewhere, i'm wondering if thats the root of his fruitiness :P

hahah i just realised how that sounds. I've got version 3 of guitar pro...i cant find the tabs though :(

5. If you go to http://www.ultimate-guitar.comUltimate Guitar</a>, search your desired tabs then filter "Guitar Pro" on the upper right, it can churn out a shed load for you =p

6. Hm. I just might check it out. :D

7. :heart: *checks* thanky you luff :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.