Resolved Growl! Jaws problems.

Thread in 'Help Desk' started by shaletty, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello. My screen reader was playing up while I was making my character, so I’ve just found out that Shelmar is an Anubi, instead of a Pendragon. Is there anything that can be done about it, or do I just need to play her as she is now, or just try again?

Thanks.

Shaletty.

2. I think Jodie (Shriker) should be able to help you out with that one (: You'll have to wait for her response.

3. [
    Yeh thanks. I will wait, I kno my caricter hasn't even been accepted yet. It's just annoying that my screen reader had to mess up like that and I didn't find out till after I had already created it.

Shaletty.

quote="phylus"]I think Jodie (Shriker) should be able to help you out with that one (: You'll have to wait for her response.[/quote]

4. Sounds like a very easy change to make for those that do that. I'm sure they would do it for you before they accept it, or you can do it yourself in the Character Managing page and just change the species and resend it.

5. Yes, that is an easy fix. :)

I also noticed that you didn't pick any starting trades for your character. It might have also been missed by the screen reader. By the sounds of her trade description though, it looks as though "Empathy" at the Apprentice level should be one of them.

Is there another trade you'd like her to start off with? Most characters begin with two. Due to her skills in Empathy already, I'd suggest "Inner Sight" or possibly "Dream Weaving".

6. Yes I did choose trades. I originally thought of cheating as one of her ways of avoiding trouble, but inner sight sounds interesting to. I was hoping that she could maby pick up another trade once she is more comfortable with people. Right? I’m not sure that inner sight would be right for Shelmar as she is right now.

By the way, sorry about the quotes, but it seems to be the only way I can reply.

Thanks.

Shaletty.

7. I can add Cheating as her secondary trade then. It is possible for her to learn additional trades later on, so if you want to add more later, that's cool.

Can you detect the "Create a new thread" and "Reply to this thread" links now? They were graphical links, which I think might have been the problem. I managed to get the links working with a screen reader emulator for Firefox called Fangs. I hope that it works a similarly to Jaws. I'll cross my fingers.

If you have any additional problems with the site, please let me know. I haven't done a good run through to test accessibility standards lately, and we're long overdue.

8. Yes, the reply link does show up now, thanks.

Shaletty.

9. Yay! That's great. I'm going to go ahead and accept your character profile as well. It's very nicely written.

You'll find that you have access to more of the forum areas now too. If you have any questions, or if something just isn't working right for you, please let me know. :) Welcome to Shadowlack!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.