Forthcoming; the Khasi

Thread in 'Announcements' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey cats. :] Quite a bit of work has been going on behind the scenes. Namely the staff and harbingers have been working on getting new content together as well as giving things a nice, new overhaul.

I've been working on getting our custom forums online. Here's just a few things that you'll be able to do:

- Close/archive your own IC threads
    - Add timestamps to your posts (there will be actual fields for these)
    - Sort threads by timestamps
    - Easier thread log management
    - Add thread ratings (loosely based upon Canadian film ratings: G, PG, 14, 18, R, & A)
    - Designate whether or not a thread is Private, All Welcome, or Closed to new joiners
    - ^ Going hand in hand with that, an easier way to find AW threads since they always tend to get hidden and sometimes overlooked

I think that pretty much covers all the basics. Be sure to let me know if you've got an idea for another feature.

With that said, be sure to check out the new http://shadowlack.com/info/economics.phpEconomics</a> page. Atti and I fixed up a few things that we felt were missing in regards to the entire bartering system and whatnot on Ramath-lehi. So hopefully this page helps clarify and explain things a little better.

2. Mhmm.. You may not have heard from me in a while, but I'm silently working on the Khell subspecies info. Haven't gotten much down about it, but it is in process.. Probably a bit of stuff on culture and maybe some history. And some random overall depth.

Just a taste of one of the things we are hammering into the background of RaL.

3. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Pendragons can recharge their cards with khasi, Ramath-lehi's currency, at ATM-esque machines called KTM (khasi transfer machines) or at banks.</td></tr></table>

ATM stands for automated teller machine, not automated transfer machine, so shouldn't KTM stand for khasi teller machine? Also, "ATM-esque machines" is somewhat redundant, as the "m" stands for "machine" already.

Just a couple of thoughts. x3

Sounds really interesting, though. 8D An official money system for RaL is very exciting.

And woo! Khell stuff. x3 Khell are my favorite kind of 'dragon.

4. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beast @ Jan 27 2008, 02:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ATM stands for automated teller machine, not automated transfer machine, so shouldn't KTM stand for khasi teller machine? Also, "ATM-esque machines" is somewhat redundant, as the "m" stands for "machine" already. </td></tr></table>
    That's not entirely true.
    That's like saying "color" and "colour" aren't both valid words...
    It's all about localization.

5. Nah, I agree. It should be reworded a little bit to fix redundancy. Thanks for pointing it out. Though I don't think it's necessary to change transfer to teller. :]

Does this sound a little better?
    <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Pendragons can recharge their cards with khasi, Ramath-lehi's currency, at devices similar to Earth's automated teller machines (ATMs) which are called khasi transfer machina (KTMs). Transactions may also be made at banks.</td></tr></table>

6. I really like the sort thread by timestamps. Makes it easier. Sometimes I get confused as to what happened to my character's first. I am a little absent minded =/

And I meant to ask this question a long time ago because over here they only use U, 18sx, sg, and so on... what is R rated? What content makes something R rated?

7. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Does this sound a little better?</td></tr></table>

Yup. The R rating, I believe, means sexual content, heavy language, or heavy violence.

8. Here's all the ratings and roughly what they mean. :)

NR - Not rated.
    G - General viewing. Suitable for all audiences of any age.
    PG - Parental guidance is advised. Theme or content may not be suitable for all children.
    14 - Suitable for viewing by persons 14 years of age and older. May contain: violence, coarse language and/or sexually suggestive scenes.
    18 - Suitable for viewing by persons 18 years of age and older. May contain: explicit violence, frequent coarse language, sexual activity and/or horror.
    R - Content not suitable for minors. Contains frequent use of sexual activity, brutal/graphic violence, intense horror and/or other disturbing content.
    A - Content not suitable for minors. Contains predominantly sexually explicit activity.

9. Oh, brilliant! We have actual currency now! *dances*

Good stuff Jodie ^^

10. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Siaka @ Jan 30 2008, 06:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Oh, brilliant! We have actual currency now! *dances*

Good stuff Jodie ^^ </td></tr></table>
    Agreed. It was kind of irritating to ponder what to trade for things with the bartering...

11. Ooooooo this sounds very good, very good indeed. Currency cool, should be interesting as it would probally have exchange rates and such. welcome to the new age of the royal bank society.

12. Oooo this is sounds funky :) :fishie: :cookie: :donut:

13. I can aready think of a few ways to make money. =O *ducks from any pies thrown at him*

14. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Argent @ Jan 27 2008, 01:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> That's not entirely true.
    That's like saying "color" and "colour" aren't both valid words...
    It's all about localization. </td></tr></table>
    I don't think so. xD I don't know of anywhere in the world that they're called automated/automatic transfer machines.

Anyway.

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Pendragons can recharge their cards with khasi, Ramath-lehi's currency, at devices similar to Earth's automated teller machines (ATMs) which are called khasi transfer machina (KTMs). Transactions may also be made at banks.</td></tr></table>

Yes, it's much better now. :D I can't wait to see how you guys expand on this. Currency is exciting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.