Flashing Teeth and Welcomed Greetings

Thread in 'Ramathian Scrolls' started by Aki-Sha, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <span style='color:#FFFF99'><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Out of Character
    When: Tria 26, 81381
    Where: Resaurant/bar along the East Coast Fishing Piers.
    Who: http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1452Tsuki Fralla</a> & http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=46Fujjeyj Quentil</a>
    Notes: There may be some language, but most likely nothing more than that as far as maturity.</span>

Tsuki nodded softly up the femme waitress who set down her plate. The delicious odor of the rare meat that sat before her made her mouth water in anticipation of the blood that would flood her mouth with each bite of the juicy goodness. Taking a hold on the large glass jug of the alcohol she had ordered, the femme 'dragon smiled and took a small sip. She set down the drink and picked up a knife and fork and was ready to dig into her first decent meal in a while when she was so rudely interrupted. With a low snarl, 'Su looked up to the seat across from her, the only seat at her table. There sat a rather large and muscular Pendragon male whose coat oddly reminded her of the vast deep ocean. Such a fitting color to be out on the piers.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>"May I help you?"</span>

<span style='color:#FFFF99'>The male grinned then, showing a few chiped teeth, most likely from fights. "Yea, maybe I could pay for sexy assed thing like you. You see, I've never noticed you around here before. Maybe I could give you a tour" Tsuki rolled her eyes and went back to her food, taking a rather large bite to keep herself from snapping and attacking the guy right across from her. The male just wouldn't give though. Standing up, he brought his chair around so he could sit beside her. Which was when he wrapped an arm around her waist and a grin plastered on his face. Tsuki could smell the retched odor of alcohol and bile on his breath. This man was far from normal thinking, he apparently had already thrown up a few times from his alcohol consumption.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>"You have 3 seconds to take your arm off of me before I carve your tongue out of that vile muzzle of yours."</span> <span style='color:#FFFF99'>Tsuki's lifeless blue-grey eyes shifted to look at the male as a low snarl came from the back of her throat.</span>

2. Fujjeyj sat at his own table by the wall of the restaurant. He had pushed all the other chairs away to different tables, not particularly in the mood to converse with anyone found in this type of establishment. Sometimes he wanted to drown his brain at the bar, and lapse back into his rough-sailor talk, and chat and laugh with newly met strangers who already seemed like his best of friends. But tonight was not one of them. He was simply here to observe, watch life at its lowest stagnate in the pickling juice of alcohol. Stay on the sidelines, and think things out with the help of a little brain grease. Of course, the crowd was not all low-lifes and brain-drowners, there were a many like him, simply here to think, or watch and enjoy the activity.

He took a sip of his beer. It was a cheep brand, the cheepest the bar had, but it was exactly the sort of thing he needed at that moment. He looked down at his plate of homefries. The potatoes had long gone cold, but they were still delicious. He stabbed one moodily with his fork and looked around. Across from him, a startlingly white femme sat down, and soon after, a large azure pendragon sat down after her. At first he thought the two were together, but then, the female threatened the other, and he knew there was something not quite right.

He thought about staying in his seat, but he simply could not let himself. He felt like a medler, sticking his nose in someone else's business. He could not help himself, he felt silly, like a self appointed bouncer of the bar. He sighed, set down his fork, put his large auburn paws on the table, and stood, pushing back his chair. He drew himself up to his full height, an angry glint in his eye. He walked over behind the azure pendragon and placed a paw on his shoulder. <span style='color:red'>"Best be moving on, mate, before you loose any extremities,"</span> he had tried to use a friendly, reasonable tone, but with a voice like his, it was hard to put emotion he did not feel into his voice.

3. <span style='color:#FFFF99'><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Out of Character
    I don't know how often I'm gonna be able to post for the next couple of days, because I'm going to have to go to the doctor cause me and my parents are a little afraid I might have tonsillitis or strep throat. So I may be out sick for a few days, just to let you know.</span>

The deep blue furred 'dragon looked up to Fujjeyj with an almost startled look upon his face. His mouth parted slightly and closed a few times, like a fish out of water. Tsuki couldn't help but smile ever so slightly at the scene before her. The male quickly nodded, taking his arm away from Tsuki's waist and stood up. He put his hands up in a defensive manner and tried to smile as he back away. "I-I didn't know she had a boyfriend, I'm sorry." He quickly turned and ran off to another table, where his buddies apparently were sitting.

Tsuki looked up to Fujjeyj with a soft smile and she laughed. Patting the seat next to her, the femme shook her head.</span> <span style='color:blue'>"Thanks for that. You saved me from having to make him become a mute."</span> <span style='color:#FFFF99'>Her grey-blue eyes watching him curiously past the black hair that surrounded the sides of her face, the single pale blue streak playfully teasing her jawbone. Holding out a hand, Tsuki smiled to him, her teeth gleaming in the aged yellow light of the restaurant.</span> <span style='color:blue'>"I'm Tsuki Fralla, and you are dear sir? Or should I just call you my hero?"</span>

<span style='color:#FFFF99'>For a second it almost seemed the Tsuki's dull, lifeless eyes seemed to spark with life as she curiously stared at Fujjeyj. She was curious of him that was for sure, cautious but curious. Her eyes trailed over the crudely done tattoos and she wondered if he had done them himself. 'Su's eyes trailed over him, a pure habit of hers when she was first meeting someone. She always liked to try and see the entire image before she got to know them and to try and guess at least what they were sort of like.</span>

4. <span style='width:100%;font-weight:bold; font-size:10px'>Out of Character</span>
    <table class='ooc'><tr><td>Thats fine, take your time and get better. I hope you feel well soon.</td></tr></table>

Fujjeyj was slightly taken aback at how the blue-tinted pendragon had reacted. He had certainly not expected such a sudden and complete retreat. The best he had dared hoped for was an angry glance, a mumble, and pushing the chair angrilly away, and stalking out. At first Fujjeyj fancied it was his menacing appearance that seemed to get pendragons worked up, but this thought was discarded quickly, as the pendragon seemed about as burly as Fujjeyj himself.

Then, his reason for fleeing became apparent when he spoke. Fujjeyj fumbled for words for a moment as this message went through his brain, but the words only juggled around in his mind, he dared not show surprise on his face. Instead he simply grunted, as if in affirmation. He watched as the blue pendragon left, snarling in his direction when he looked back. Then, Fujjeyj turned to the female, his face softening. He picked up his food from the other table, and walked back to the white pendragon. He smiled sheepishly at her, and sat down in the offered seat, placing his food and drink on the table. <span style='color:red'>"Sorry to intrude,"</span> he mumbled. In a more confident tone of voice he added in reply, <span style='color:red'>"Nice to meet you Tsuki, I'm Fujjeyj, but most 'dragons just call me Jey."</span>

He chuckled modestly at her compliment and lowered his head, rubbing the back of his thick mane with his paw. <span style='color:red'>"Im no hero,"</span> he said, <span style='color:red'>"It looked like you would have been able to deal with him yourself. I interfered for his sorry sake, to save him the injury."</span>

Fujjeyj could see out of the corner of his eye that Tsuki was studying him. It made him nervous to be under such scrutiny, so he kept his head down, crimson eyes fixed on the table, to pretend that he had not noticed.

5. <span style='color:#FFFF99'><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Out of Character
    Welp, I'm back. Found out it was a virul infection and it sucked too. It's finally starting to go away, but it's still here just slightly. Which means I can eat solid food now, lol, and begin my posting once more.

:shark: </span>

Tsuki smiled, laughter rolling past her maw as she looked to him out of the corner of her eye. She took a bite from the delicious meat on her plate before speaking again, rum glass held in a white paw.</span> <span style='color:blue'>"No need to be sorry, Jey. I'm actually liking the company now. You're much better than him. Besides, you saved him from having to be pummeled and from me having to be stared at. I would've had to leave."</span> <span style='color:#FFFF99'>Tsuki took a sip of the rum with a small smile before she set it down to look about at the array of people in the building. Her rather large wings shifted behind her, trying to get comfortable with the back of the chair. Her unclothed form rippled as her muscles tensed and untensed, 'Su trying to get comfy in the wodden chair. Her dull eyes snapped back to Fujjeyj as she cocked her head to the side.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>"So, do you live out here or are you a tourist? So far, I've tagged you as a loyal and proud resident of this area, because a tourist wouldn't do what you did. Tourists tend to stay in the shadows and out of the lime-light. I've been around here a few days and this is the first I've seen of you."</span> <span style='color:#FFFF99'>She brought a leg up to cross over the other, her tail curling around her waist to rest on her lap lazily. Her ears were perked forward in mild curiousity and interest as a few strands of sky blue hair fell in front of her blue-grey eyes. She rested her head in her palm, her elbow rested against the aged wood of the table. She couldn't help it really, curiousity had gotten it's sticky hold on her and she was drawn to Fujjeyj for some reason. Tsuki knew there was some hidden secret or mystery about him and she wanted to unravel it, she wanted to peel away the tough outer layer and reveal the juicy, sweet secrets within. She wanted to discover the mystery of this male before her.

She had always seen men as greedy, vile, and down right disgusting creatures. All Tsuki's life men had always wanted three things: sex, beer, and money. And here she was, sitting at a table with a rather interesting looking male who had just scared off a pervert. I have my eye on you, Jey. I want to know all about you.</span>

6. <span style='width:100%;font-weight:bold; font-size:10px'>Out of Character</span>
    <table class='ooc'><tr><td>Glad to see you are back! And fairly well off. Hehe.</td></tr></table>

Fujjeyj shoved a potato into his mouth, chewing with a childish grin on his face. Then, with Tsuki's question he remembered where he was and what other pendragons besides Tsuki were watching. He could not afford to look like an over-stuffed teddy bear, it encouraged too many confrontations with others who mistook his softness for weakness. He straitened his back and squared his shoulders under his matted mane, drew himself up to his fullest bulk. He cleared his throat, and though he wanted to appear gruff, he kept his voice calm and low, like the rumbling of the waves against the cliff sides.

<span style='color:red'>"I don't live nowhere really,"</span> he said, swirling his beer, staring at it almost dreamily, <span style='color:red'>"I won myself a small vessel recently. I been livin' on the waves again, like I used to when I was younger... But before I got that boat I was just wandering the shores, looking for work and sulking around bars,"</span> he shrugged, <span style='color:red'>"You could call me a tourist, seein as how I really live out there,"</span> he gestured in the direction of the sea, <span style='color:red'>"home is where the heart is. they say. But Im a tourist in a world and with people I have been mingling with my whole life."</span> He took a sip of his bear in conclusion, and turned to Tsuki. It was strange, because he had always considered himself as more of an outsider, clinging to the shadows as she had said, but now it was more apparent to him, that he belonged to this world, even while he stayed in the shadows, to reach out and interfere when he wanted, he was part of it.

<span style='color:red'>"And where do you come from?"</span> he asked, interrupting his own thoughts. <span style='color:red'>"What are you doing in a place like this?"</span> He was slightly melancholic now at this recount, remembering his past, his family, watching his beer slosh around, its own little ocean trapped in a jar, like a sailor without his ship.

7. <span style='color:#FFFF99'><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Out of Character
    Thank you. I'm glad to be back and happy that I can eat again, lol.</span>

Tsuki watched him, the way his maw moved when he spoke each word. She also watched his eyes and hands. The femme was looking for physical emotion, she was calculating what he felt. Calm, jitters, or curiousity like herself. Her dull eyes finally stopped at his eyes, realizing that the large male had just asked her a question. With a soft smile she sighed and rested her chin in both of her hands now and looked about the place at all the people.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>"Me? I'm a tourist so to say, but I'm here on a job. I was raised in Gyakusatsu along with my baby sister Ramya. Oh she was such a darling, took everything in with a smile. She would of loved this place you know, these beaches. She's at school right now, seven years old, studying Biokinesis and Aerokinesis. She loves the beach and I think I've caught that love from her, same for the sea, though she prefers dry land. I like the sea, I guess, because it sort of reminds me of my emotions. Calm and beautiful at first, but can become a crushing cascade of anger the next.</span>

<span style='color:#FFFF99'>Tsuki's eyes averted back to Fujjeyj once more. She felt she had said too much of herself, for she didn't know the man whom she was sitting next to. All she knew was his name really, and that he was a sailor she guessed.</span> <span style='color:blue'>"I'm just here on a business, trying to find a certain person. So far what I guess...is that you're a sailor of sorts? Am I right?"</span> <span style='color:#FFFF99'>She smiled then, her teeth flashing with the brilliance of daily brushing and flossing. Tsuki was careful of her two upper canines though, making sure that she didn't give herself away.</span>

8. Fujjeyj watched Tsuki out of the corner of his eye. He was not the sort of soul to look at someone while he spoke, he prefered to stare off into space as he collected his thoughts. But he could not ignore the fact that he was being so studiously studied, and he found his gaze wandering back to Tuski as she spoke. Her recollection of her sister brought to his thoughts the faces of his own sisters, and a look of sullenness passed over his face as she spoke, but he attempted to hide it by taking a sip of his beer. He nodded when she had finished.

<span style='color:red'>"The sea is one of the last untamed forces of nature left in this wide world,"</span> he agreed and sighed,<span style='color:red'>"but the waters still draw sailors in with their beauty, despite the dangers."</span> He looked up at Tsuki and tried to imagine her in a fit of rage as she had described. It was surprisingly easy, as she already had the look of a studious hunter, all he had to do was imagine the pounce.

He wondered who it was she was looking for and why, but seeing as she had not supplied any details, he assumed she was in a business of discression. He decided it might be best not to push the subject, so instead he conceeded to answering her question. <span style='color:red'>"Yep, I've been a sailor all of my life,"</span> he said with a whistful chuckle, scratching at one of the red inked dot tattoos below his eye, <span style='color:red'>"I was born into the life, me and my two sisters. Our parents were..."</span> he paused and looked around almost nervously with a hint of defiance, <span style='color:red'>"merchants of a sort. They trained me and my younger sister Gejusa to follow in their footsteps. And then Koyota was born..."</span> He paused once more but this time ending on a meloncholic note. He took a sip of his beer, hunching his large bulk and ruffling his fur. He atempted to steer the subject a different direction, realizing that he was in unstable waters. <span style='color:red'>"Koyota never liked the sea, or the beach like Ramya. She is in school now, too. Though, she is 18, taking some art class or another, I doubt the two see much of each other."</span> He chuckled half heartedly and looked down at his drink, swirling it in his cup.

9. <span style='color:#FFFF99'>Tsuki smiled a sideways smile as she turned in her chair to face him, all thoughts of her food now gone from both mind and stomach. She downed the last of her drink and placed a hand on Fujjeyj's shoulder as she stood up to her full height of 5'10". Tsuki's touch was cold, oddly enough, her skin a soft sort of prickly icicle like cold, but it was subtle. Her form was slender and extremely feminine, her wings pressed softly against her back as her hair fell down around her shoulders, the single blue lock of hair falling in between her eyes and down the bridge of her nose.</span> <span style='color:blue'>"Come on, I feel like a walk. I'm tired of this stuffy bar, I want to smell the salt and the sand."</span>

<span style='color:#FFFF99'>She smiled and laughed softly, the laugh sounding so much as ringing bells. To many of her victims, that laugh typically signaled their death. But that laugh was different, it was more airy and trilling, it was a laugh of calm and joy. For some reason she felt a sort of calm around Jey, but she had no inclanation as to why. Tsuki turned and placed a few bills on the table, paying for both hers and Fujjeyj's meal as she headed out towards the door. There was one thing she was used to, eyes...the eyes of many male 'dragons followed Tsuki a lot. She never did have trouble finding a lover, she just had trouble keeping them alive.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>"Jey, you don't have to dance around the subject. I'm not stupid you know. Your parent's were pirates weren't they? And I'm pretty sure you are too."</span> <span style='color:#FFFF99'>Tsuki said the word softly, she knew better than to attract unwanted attention. Pirates weren't exactly loved by everyone. She didn't mind that much, just as long as they didn't take anything from her. Tsuki's dull eyes watched him out of the corner, curious as to his reaction.</span>

10. Fujjeyj felt as Tsuki stood with a paw on his shoulder. Through his thick mane he could barely feel her light touch, but a tinge of cold reached his skin and he looked up at her. There was something slightly unnerving about the chill, but he tried not to let it dwell in his mind. A walk did sound nice, a relief from this stuffy bar. He downed his drink, setting it lightly back on the table, and stood. He was surprised to find Tsuki was almost as tall as he. Last time he had measured his height he had come out at 6 feet 3 inches, though when he hunched as he usually did his height was closer to 6 feet. He smiled back at her, admiring her laugh before following her out of the bar. He had no trouble letting her pay, he did not have much in the way of money and any excuse to save a buck here and there was welcome.

Fujjeyj fell into step beside Tsuki, his eyes straying to where the tied ships bobbed up and down in the harbor. He rubbed his neck and chuckled appologetically when she spoke. <span style='color:red'>"Yes, they were damn great pirates, too. They taught me and my sister everything I know."</span> He said softly and proudly. He did his best to be discrete about his proffession, but he never once strove to hide his heritage. He was proud of his parents and what they did, even if others were not. He smiled, crimson eyes glowing with an inner glint of his pirate self, and turned to look at Tsuki out of the corner of his eye. Fujjeyj was a naturally soft pendragon, and even his bouts of mischeviousness that showed through his face seemed veiled by kindness, <span style='color:red'>"Is it really that obvious?"</span> he asked.

He looked forward again, an almost devious smirk on his face, the glint still in his eye as he remembered his gruffer life with fondness. He stood straiter and took a deep breath of the salty air. He chuckled again and asked, <span style='color:red'>"And what do your parents put their paws to? Nice respectable folk with decent jobs I imagine?"</span>

11. <span style='color:#FFFF99'>Tsuki clasped her hands behind her back, interlocking her fingers as she stared up at the sky. Her dull eyes stared up at the slowly dimming sky. It was nearing night time and a cool breeze was coming through from the ocean. Tilting her head back down, the pure white femme looked towards the ocean. Her mouth curled up into a soft smile as she gazed upon the setting sun that played a orange and yellow show upon the ocean's surface. Turning her gaze to Fujjeyj, Tsuki's smile grew and she nodded.</span> <span style='color:blue'>"Jey, you may have to note that I see and listen more than the average 'dragon. I can put two and two together in mere seconds. Nothing gets past me, rarely. But to others, I'm sure it is not that obvious."</span>

<span style='color:#FFFF99'>Tsuki veered from the walkway and beach and headed for the docks. When the ruffed up wood hit her bare feet she smiled softly and looked around at the ships, speaking while she looked.</span> <span style='color:blue'>"My parents may seem like respectable people to others, I guess. My mother and father are both healers, both study in healing and medicine. It was how they met and got married. I always saw them as wonderful people, until my baby sister was born. When my mother found out she was going to have Ramya...she was furious. She said that she would not deal with another child, but she could not try to purposefully kill the child while it was still but an egg. When Ramya finally hatched, my parents gave her a utterly different last name. Instead of Fralla, she was known as Ramya Armenia. My parents acted like she didn't exist, like she was just invisible. So I had come to take care of my baby sister. I was only 18 when Ramya was born, and I almost feel like she is my child in some ways. But I sent her off to school to keep her from my ungrateful parents. Enough about the scoundrels, I want to know more about you. What of your family? I already know a little of your parents, what of your siblings you spoke of?"</span>

<span style='color:#FFFF99'>Tsuki looked sideways at him, the glow of the sunset turned her white fur to a creamy color. The black splotch of fur beneath her right eye shined with a glossy coat as the sun's light hit it.

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Out of Character
    Yea, she talked a lot. I couldn't think of anything else, so I filled it with Tsuki talking. lol.</span></span>

12. <span style='width:100%;font-weight:bold; font-size:10px'>Out of Character</span>
    <table class='ooc'><tr><td>Oh thats alright. ^^ And sorry for my short absence, went camping on very short notice. Hehe. I have a feeling this is going to be a long post...</td></tr></table>

Fujjeyj smiled and nodded his head slightly, glad that his cover was not threatened, but also slightly disapointed. Sometimes it was nice to have a little adventure, someone who knew what you were and came after you. That was always fun. <span style='color:red'>"Thats good,"</span> he said simply.

Fujjeyj did not loose his proud stature or the glint from his eye as she spoke. If anything, he stood straiter out of indignation. A disbeleiveing scowl passed over his muzzle. Such parents would be unimaginable. He shook his head in silent pity for Ramya and for Tsuki in having to see her own parents in such a horrifying light. He did not say anything, only gazed hatefully at the distance until she had finished. His dark fur showed an auburn glint as the light hit in in oblong rays, and his long shadow spread out on the planks. Then, he snapped out of his haze and returned to his carefree glint. He would not let himself dwell, but he knew that it would pop up every once in a while when he looked at her face, and he would remember for a moment how brave and responsible she had to have been. And he would remember Ramya, the girl he did not know. He always thought about the little girl in the story, they all reminded him of his own little sister, she was another nagging thought. No, he should just let it go for now, like Tsuki had brushed it aside. Besides, he did not often get to speak about his family much, not many pendragons showed an interest. He took it upon himself to help Tsuki brush away the memory he had carelessly uncovered, with memories of his own. He would not go too far back, those memories were not pleasant.

<span style='color:red'>"Well, my sister Gejusa is just a little younger than me, two years I think. She was a right fine swords'dragon and sailor too. Not been a storm yet that could throw Geja off course,"</span> he nodded to accent his point. <span style='color:red'>"She and me used to terrorize these seas. I had to keep her in check, always trying to bite off more than she could chew. She got that from our father, never could back down from a challenge. We had a falling out though a while back, and we went our separate ways. I been tryin' to find her but she aint exactly the sort of pendragon who can easily be found when she has a mind not to be. She will slip up sooner or latter though, bite off more than she can chew, and hopefully I will hear about it. Then I'll go and get her out of trouble again, follow her around and make sure it dont happen again."</span> He paused and turned to Tsuki, to make sure he was not boring her. He scratched below his eye, where one crudely drawn dot was etched into his skin, but he hardly noticed the markings now. He continued, following next to Tsuki. <span style='color:red'>"Now Koyota is eleven years younger than I. She never had the chance to learn the family trade...our...er...parents died. No, she...well she has been going to school at Janardan. After our parents died Geja and I sorta...lost her. But we found her a while ago at the school. She shrugged us off though, doesnt much like us. Im Glad to know she is safe at least. But she is a good drawer, takes advanced classes."</span>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.