Even a Broken Clock

Thread in 'Ramathian Scrolls' started by Chuya, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tria 19th, 81380
    http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=827Elle Kalatseul</a>

Somewhere in the dead of the night, a young and solitary thill stood. Her eyes were closed. In front of her was a mountain so white, that it could barely be seen.

<span style='font-family:Courier'>Now, I want you to focus. Strip yourself of all else. Become one with your thoughts. Take a deep breath. That's it. Can you not feel the inner peace? Relax. Now, visualise. Hold the image carefully, carefully Elle! Wrap your consciousness around it gently, allll arouund. Yes... Now I want you to grasp it! Keep a tight grip, tighter, tighter! That's right...

Now open your eyes.

</span>
    She did. A sharp intake of breath. In all her years of training as a Biokinesist she had never achieved anything like this. She had lifted stones and rocks, the occasional sapling or small boulder. But nothing so...

<span style='font-family:Courier'>Beautiful, is it not?
    </span>

It was.

The 'dragon was surrounded by a soft halo of gold. On closer inspection it was an intricate web of beams, the maze of which emanated from her head, heart and paws. These extended to the mountain like a net, such that it too was bathed in the shimmery light.

<span style='font-family:Courier'>An Empirical Link. Congratulations Elle, I have been teaching this course for many a year, but only very rarely have any master this skill as quickly as you. You will go far, young lady. But don't let it get to your head now.

We move on. Close your eyes. Focus once again. Feel yourself wrapped around the moutain. Don't forget to breathe, Elle. Good. Now lift.
    </span>

But the strain was unbearable, and when a sudden gust of wind washed over her, Elle lost her focus. The mountain which had been hovering a few inches above the ground came crashing down, draining every ounce of her energy.

<span style='font-family:Courier'>Elle? Elle? Elloteym, answer me! We've lost her...
    </span>

She fell to the ground, unconcsious.

2. http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=65Eka Tsyjn</a>
    [OOC]IÂ’m sorry if IÂ’m little rusty, I havenÂ’t RPed in a months. :musicnote:

[IC]
    Even while wandering the dangerous terrain of DhruvsÂ’ Badlands in the dead of night, it was never completely dark out. The constant presence of snow stopped that from happening. Instead, most of the country side gave off a near grey glow to contrast the dark sky.

That was one of the main reasons why small, little Eka felt comfortable enough to wonder the frozen country, any where else she would easily be freaked out. It was also a plus that it was a rather calm night and she didnÂ’t expect to run into any troubles on her hike.

Her striped paws sunk a few inches into the snow where ever she stepped, but that didnÂ’t slow or down. She leapt rather playfully into the piles of snow, while being back dropped by one of the well known mountains in the Badlands. She was careful to avoid the deadly patches of ice, but knew the area well enough to not worry too much about her footing. This was the area she had grown up in.

The main reasons that she was taking the time to walk way out here was that a few hours ago she had heard something completely alien to her, and of course being young, her curiosity got the best of her.

The ground in the area looked recently disrupted, but since that could be cause by many things, such as the terribly storms that where know to hit the location, Eka gave no extra thought to it. What she did question was the unmoving figure lying near by. She padded forward on all four paws and looked at the female pendragon laying there. She looked around expecting someone else to be in the area, it wasnÂ’t often she saw someone out here on their own, and sleeping by the looks of it.

Not sure if she should do anything Eka just leaned over the figure to see if she was okay.

“Um…."

3. <span style='font-family:Courier'>Too much strain... Moving Mountains! Should have know better... The Link... Your fault... She could have died! If it is severed... Alone, defenseless... My fault... No, no... Poor Elle... </span>

The voice grew more distant. Eventually they were little more than muffled sounds against the chaos of her mind. The very last threads of telepathy that bonded her to the outside world faded into nothing. In their stead, her feeble brain could only grope at pain, such pain! Though not of the physical kind, it taxed her senses equally. She groaned, and tried to regain the control of her body.

Elle had never dabbled with the likes of alcohol, but the young thill suspected that what she suffered now was similar. She felt like a youth stuck in the aching body of an arthiritic Kiom. She could not move, but with some effort she managed to crack her eyes open. She thought she saw the figure of a dragon in the dark. It was more than liklely a trick of the light and of her desperate mind. Still...

"Water..." she whispered to the night, hoping beyond hope that someone might heed her plea.

4. The kiom asking for water removed the idea that she had been sleeping from EkaÂ’s mind, but she didnÂ’t ask any questions. At least something from her healer lesson at school had stuck with her, so she moved quickly to find water.

She first reached to a leather bottle that was on a strap that ran between in shoulder blades and between her from arms. Giving it a shake she frowned at the disappointing sound of a small quantity of water moving around inside. So she scoop up some snow from a fresh pile and added it to the container. Attempting to remember a simple elemental spell she heated the snow enough to melt it.

Returning to the older females side Eka pushed the water bottle into her hand and tried to help her in case she was too distraught to do it her self. Her moan had made it sound like she was in pain, and even with her eyes open Eka wasnÂ’t sure if she understood what was going on. They had that unfocused look to them.

“Here, drink this."

5. The water was still warm from the spell, and it felt good to her aching throat. So she hadn't imagined pendragon the other after all! She would not die here alone and defenseless in the middle of... of... Wherever she was.

Elle managed a small satiated smile after the drink. She tried to focus her gaze again, eager to face her unlikely saviour.

A sheepish grin.
    "Hi..." she said softly, then, a small frown, "Where am I?"

The pain was still there, but only vaguely, like the last echoes of the real thing.

"Things are going to be alright," she thought contentedly, lifting herself from her bed of ice.

6. Eka gave a relieved smile as the female started to look better. But her first question was a little troubling. Her mind naturally went over different diagnosis that could be causing types of amnesia. It was then that she realized she was over reacting, it was probably better to take things as they came.

“You’re in Dhruv’s Badlands. Do you remember coming here?"

Eka tried to see if there was anything wrong with her body, but there was no blood or obvious broken bones. SheÂ’d be able to tell more if she used a spell, but the situation didnÂ’t see that drastic.

“Do you need anything else?"

Other then water and basic medical supplies, Eka didnÂ’t carry around much else, but it wouldnÂ’t do any harm to ask.

7. Elle listened carefully to her answer, occasionally frowning as she tried to remember. She also used the opportunity to study the other 'dragon. She was smaller than herself, and younger. Elle found herself looking up at a small, friendly face, peering into pretty green eyes, which, she felt intuitively, might have been even more beautiful had they not been so... She didn't know if it was a trick of the light or of her still foggy thoughts, but it seemed to Elle that those eyes had not always been so guarded so somber so...

Since when had she taken to staring at newcomers like a curious niotie? She chided herself gently, refocusing her thoughts on more pressing concerns. Such as why she could not recall the days events. How had she ended up here? In the freezing Badlands of Dhruv of all places... Certainly not on holiday! she decided immediately. She hated the cold, by far preferring the warmer climate of her native Chafuo.

"Don't know", she answered truthfully, "Don't remember anything... Suppose I should be grateful I do remember my name! I'm Elle, by the way."

I'm Elle... Why couldn't she remember why she was here?

Mountains, she had dreamt of mountains while she was unconscious. She could vaguely recall that. But what did flying mountains have to do with anything?

"Thanks... Head was aching just now but the water really helped. "

8. Eka noticed when the pink hued femme had gone silent for a moment. She had that strange feeling of being read like a book. She looked away for a second, feeling her cheeks turn a light shade of red.

However she recovered quickly, she was almost never put off by other ‘dragons, she preferred having company too much.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you Elle, considering the circumstances and all." She smiled indicating the vast frozen land that surrounded them, while also meaning her current state of health as well. “I’m Eka."

She could tell that Elle was still thinking about it. Maybe sheÂ’d be able to help.

“What’s the last thing you remember? Do you even remember getting up this morning?"

9. Do you even remember getting up this morning?
    Did she? Elle could clearly recall the sensation of waking up to the comfort of her luxurious queen-sized bed at home, in Chafuo. Pumpkin tresses cascading down her cheeks as she pulled the cover over her head, unwilling to admit that morning had come to chase her dreams away... She remembered this.
    But how often had this scenario had played itself in her daily routine this summer?
    Elle could hardly tell if those memories dated from that morning, or from any given day of the previous week.

It was frustrating. She groaned tiredly, then remembering her present company, she looked away apologetically.

"I don't know."

Think, Elle, think. Subconsciously, her slender fingers came to push the ever mutinous tresses from her face, sliding them behind her ear. As they did so, they caught themselves on something which should not have been there according to her imperfect memory. Elle removed the earring gently before observing it warily in the palm of her paw. It was rather large, consisting of a silver hoop with a tiny blue feather in its center.

"My Lucky Earring", she whispered almost to herself, "Never wear it. Used to. So long ago. As a niotie, to help me during exams. Haven't had to wear it since. Not since graduation, not since my job... I don't understand... And yet, I vaguely remember putting it on. Recently. But I don't know when or where... As to why, anybody's guess is as good as mine...

Why can't I remember!" she cried out suddenly, two fat tears escaping her eyes. She wiped them away swiftly, almost with a vengeance, and she held her chin up high.

"Sorry... It's not easy. What brought you up here anyhow?"
    Her voice was steady but her still shiny eyes betrayed her eagerness to forget about her troubles for the moment.

10. Eka waited as Elle dove deeper in her consciousness. When she groaned she couldnÂ’t help but feel sorry for her. She didnÂ’t know how to relate to someone who had lost a part of their memory.

She watched as Elle pulled the earring out from underneath her hair. It didnÂ’t seem like someone that shouted beauty, but its simple design and the blue feather had a different kind of beauty that Eka was fond of.

“It’s very pretty."

She shook her head at the apology. Noticing the way she held her chin out Eka understood that she probably was always like this, she was strong.

“Don’t apologize. I’d be as flustered as you." She smiled kindly. “I thought that I had heard something that sounded like a small avalanche and it’s not too often there are calm night around here so I thought I’d go for a stroll." Realizing that it sounded like she had walked for miles from a more popular location she continued. “My family lives a little bit down south from here."

With that a few snowflakes started to fall between them causing Eka to look towards the sky.

11. "Thanks."
    A small smile crept into Elle's features as she gave the earring one last glance. It had been her mother's, once. When its twin went missing, lost behind a cupboard or underneath a bed, her mum, not knowing what else to do, had let her play with it. For no other reason than because it no longer served any other purpose, Elle had bestowed upon it qualities of her own. It was a talisman, or the relic of an ancient and magical people. It would bring wealth, health and happiness to the bearer and her family. When she grew too old to play those games, she would nevertheless wear it on occassion, to tests and events which required extra luck. In recent years, Elle had kept it locked away with her most treasured valuables.

Why then, she wondered frustratedly, would she be wearing it now? What could this all mean?

Turning around, Elle followed Eka's glance and soon found herself staring at the sky, distractedly. And then she caught sight of the mountain, and something within her clicked. But she wasn't sure what. All she knew was that something about wasn't right.

"Eka... Do you mind if we leave now? I have the strangest feeling about this place."

Flying mountains and avalanches... What could this all mean?

12. Eka shook her head. “Not at all. She took a few steps back to give Elle room to stand up.

It was probably best for them to keep moving anyway, it was easier to stay warm that way. And it was also on the safer side, even though it was Tria, it was hard to tell when a storm would blow in. It wasnÂ’t called the Badlands for nothing. Hopefully this small bit of snow wasnÂ’t a foreshadowing for anything bigger.

Elle having a strange feeling about this place made scene. Maybe something traumatic had happened to her, its normal sometimes for the brain to try and remove it from her memory. SheÂ’d seen that happen beforeÂ…

Almost losing herself in her own train of thought she gave her head a little shake and returned her bottle of water to her belt. “So, which way? I know there’s a teleporter in a small settlement maybe a few miles South-East, that goes to Swaraj, Notios Sudesha and Boreios Sudesha. I use it to travel back and forth between school and home."

13. As far as Elle was concerned, she couldn't be out of the Badlands soon enough. Ergh. How she hated the cold! She slipped her delicate earring back on. Elle had never been in a snow storm before, nor did she ever want to be. The sooner they left the better...

But deep inside, the anxious thill knew that it wasn't the cold, but something else, more discrete and onimous, that sent a shill up her spine and right into her brain.

Somehow she was certain that the answer to her fears would lie in her native Chafuo, down in Notios Sudesha.

This is why she replied quickly,
    "Swaraj would be nice. I haven't been there in a long while..."

But how long could she run from the truth?

14. Eka watched as Elle put the ear ring back on, thinking that Elle would probably like some luck right about now, maybe just as much as she was hoping to have when she put it on last.

Being slightly surprised but the quick reply, thinking that Ella would need to think about it more, Eka didn’t question it. And besides, most ‘dragon found anywhere better then the Badlands, it didn’t even make Eka’s top 5. If anything, it was the way the sentence had just drifted off that had worried her a little.

“Are you feeling up for the walk? You’re not feeling too stiff from being unconscious or anything?"

She couldnÂ’t help but ask medical questions, even though knew she wasnÂ’t trained enough to make any real diagnosis.

“If not we might as well get moving."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.