dreams.

Thread in 'General Chat' started by phylus, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phylus @ Aug 17 2008, 10:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> argent: that's awesome. transcendence through dream is amazing, and my favourite dream (where i die) is very transcendental. the best vibes from dreams like that. i would totally encourage you to read about lucid dreaming, try and do it. </td></tr></table>
    I dream lucidly by default. I tend to just let it go into a normal dream most of the time, since I want to watch movies while I sleep, not be creative.

Though sometimes I build lucid fantasy worlds that persist for months at a time. I always have my best ideas while asleep, and I manage to never have anything onhand to write them down or record them... Even when I leave things by my bedside, they're not there when I wake up, and show up in strange places... like once, I left a pen and pad of graph paper by my bed... I woke up to find my pen ever-so-slightly in the cieling... the point was in like 2 CM... and the pad was on my shelf across the room, standing neatly against the wall. Of course, as I observed these oddities, I forgot what I was dreaming. I'm starting to think that eldritch forces whisper to me in my dreams and want me to forget. Strange things happen around me often enough. x3

2. i was a kitty last night.
    i got squashed in the street.
    9 times, 9 different cars.
    9 lives thing is false, i died after the first one.
    it wasn't pleasant.

3. woah, what's with the being-flattened-like-a-pancake theme going on here? (;

Sky, that's crazy... although not completely unheard of. i've never dreamt of roleplaying with specific words, but i have dreamt once i was playing Furcadia for a while. it was kindof weird. by kindof, i actually mean really. s:

and Argent, i think you need to set up a video camera in your room to observe yourself while you sleep. actually, i think everyone should. i'm very curious about the motions i make in bed while i sleep.

one time, when i was really young, i woke up very disoriented and on the other side of my bed. at the time i slept with a bed-tent (a tent that goes over your bed, socool) and when i woke up i was sooooo disoriented and just... my head was out. i had to crawl, literally, out of bed and to my parents room before i felt any better. i had a dream that night that i was abducted by aliens too. didn't make me feel too good/

4. I found the dream I had last night quite odd...

Absolute black, then fast-forwards to four guys that made their mark on musical history: John Lennon, Sid Vicious, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Jimmy Hendrix... They were saying something, their mouths were moving. I woke up, had my iPod in my ears.

5. I feel everything in my dreams, but I can't die in them. It's hard to explain my perspective as well, inside my body isn't it and I'm never exactly outside of it either. Anyway, I have two to speak of, the first I am sitting in a school building that is all nice and fancy, then I stand up to go to the bathroom. This room is a mix of Eisenhour's cafateia and the Acadamy's cafateria (if we are in the smae state you know what schoools I mean). I hear someone walk into the building as I walk farther into the bathroom. I hear a scream, then a huge "pop" noise, then the scream falls silent. I rush to th side of the entrence of the boy's room and see a guy standing there with an obviuosly upgraded BB gun, over the body of a small girl, and ushering the other people in the building to get back. He notices me , and opens fire just as I take cover, feeling the sting of tile shards bouncing off my skin from the gun fire. When the hail of bullets stops, I rush from behind the wall straight at him, he fire three times, the third round peirces my heart, I fall to the floor and feel darkness begein to take me..... STOP! Rewind! I see everything in the past three seconds back up to my charge at him, I leap and all three rounds hit me, but it's all superficial damage. My right arm and my legs hurt like Hell but I just took the bastered down. I confiscate his gun and head outside to find a phone. I walk into a smallish girl who puts a powerful BB round into my chest at point blank, screwing my heart rate up and making my whole body hurt. My breath catches, I grab the gun and pistol whip real hard one time, and sprint for the main office, the nurse has a defibrilator. I come across two small children who ask if I need help as I collpse to the ground. I somehow get a third wind, and wakeup as I cross the office threshold.

In my next dream, I am on my elementry school playground and I start Making swimming motions, I lift off the ground in a steady breast stroke. I fly through the air at roughly, oh I don't know, way faster then Micheal Phelps could ever dream of. I get into a race with two girls who are tryig pull me back down, But they never do.

6. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phylus @ Aug 21 2008, 12:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> and Argent, i think you need to set up a video camera in your room to observe yourself while you sleep. actually, i think everyone should. i'm very curious about the motions i make in bed while i sleep.</td></tr></table>

I can't sleep while being watched, even if it's myself fourth-dimensionally.

7. Long post is loooong! XD

The dream I remember most vividly of any dream I've ever had was from waaay back in my childhood. xD I might've been five or six when I first had it, and I had it, in all, maybe three separate times.

It begins with Aladdin ringing the doorbell and me answering. The first thing he does is point a gun at my chest and tell me that he has to kill me. I ask why, and he says it's because I was best friends with a neighbor kid who moved away. (In real life, a neighbor kid that I vaguely remember playing with had really moved away, and I was sad because of it.)

So anyway, of course I don't want to die -- I run away & hide in various locations around the house and backyard, and nearly the rest of the dream is that sort of suspenseful hide-and-seek one often plays with imaginary monsters. Eventually, I find my mom in the house, and she decides to protect me from Aladdin. She picks me up in her arms and begins to fly. I'm surprised by the fact that she is capable of flight, and I remember wondering why she didn't tell me sooner that she could.

The dream cuts off abruptly as we soar over the neighbor's yard.

One of my favorite things to do is read through my journal, looking for recordings of old dreams. They're interesting because I often don't remember the dream itself until I read about it, and even then I usually only remember the general feeling of the dream, not all its particulars.

Here's an excerpt from my journal; it's one of my favorites to reread.

"I was in this mansion-thing, with, if I remember right, the people from ballet! L------, L-----, T-----, D---, N-----, C-------, C-----, J---, and M------ - I had to share a room with someone and I think it was with L-----. Anyway, the room was large and square, filled with little blue-and-white striped umbrellas on tall stands, so they looked more like lamp shades or something. The bed was big-ish and against the wall of a little rectangular room that was connected at the southeast side of the square. I was really scared of the room, because on the first night, one of the umbrellas (they were arranged in a circle or something) started shaking. Suddenly, it inflated as if a gust of wind had blown up from the core of the earth, then whooshed into the air and out of sight. I got out of bed to see what was going on, and saw this creepy guy at the top of the stairs there, with his hands up, just staring at me. I don't remember what came next, but the next night I convinced L----- or whoever that I needed someone there with me. The same thing happened again, and L----- recognized him or something... The night after that, we confronted the ghost or SOMETHING like that happened.... Anyway, we learned that his name was Evan and that he was sad. He used these little finger-puppet sort of dolls, no more than four inches high, to become whatever the doll was. He'd made a bunch of the people from the house, and was looking like one of the guys in the old paintings all over the walls - that's why L----- recognized him. He gave me some stuff to make the dolls with, and I started doing it. You could either use a doll already made, or make your own if the kind you wanted wasn't there. I made a jester, a cheshire cat, and some other ones, too. It started with a wire frame and a wooden head, like the faeries only different, and then came clothes, shoes, hats, and hands. It was interesting.

I also remember an unrelated part of the dream where there was a party at J--------'s house and someone was staring at me through the door.

Lastly, that square room was two stories high, with another set of room branching off from the upstairs, like my real house without the kitchen and with the stairs going up the opposite wall. The planks of wood that made up the walls were bluish and kinda rotted, and they reminded me of the last level of SpongeBob: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman or of Disney's Haunted Mansion (the game)."

8. Complete tangent, how do you get the little phrases under your avatars?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.