dreams.

Thread in 'General Chat' started by phylus, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i love dreams. i get to experience things that are just... beyond the grips of reality. they put me in moods and places i have missed or never been. mine are vivid. i've had songs, amazing visuals, and revelatory emotional experiences.

so.

share your dreams, if you remember them. i very frequently remember mine, but i know a lot of people who don't remember them at all.

----

last night,
    i saw pink river dolphins in water that was barely two feet high. the water was murky, the sort of whitish murky it gets when it mixes with gravel from playgrounds. they were chasing dark, black, slippery catfish.

2. two nights ago,
    i went to an awards show with my cousin, who happened to be close with Gene Simmons. came home, put her kids to bed, went outside where there was a huge pool, ended up talking to Nick Simmons (can the ladies take a moment and drool, because i am OBSESSED) during a raging party, talked about the episode of Family Jewels where he and his sister threw a massive party, laughed he kissed me and we lived happily ever after.

...at least that's how i think it ended, my dad woke me up just after the kiss >.<

3. Most of my dreams are nightmares (got used to em) too hard to put into words but IÂ’ll try.

One of my dreams were like one semester ago, i dreamt it twice in my life;
    I was running for my life, wielding a shotgun and a blade i made up in my mind: Pine Sword. this group of 4 military people were running with me. "Take cover! ItÂ’s catching up to us, we'll have to kill it!" the captain said. "Yes sir!" every one replied. So we got behind wreaked cars and began to shoot at whatever was following us.

All I did was facing my back to the creature and holding my gun over my head shooting at it, it flung fire balls at my comrades one by one we died.
    I woke up in rubble wondering why was I spared "come on son wake up." the voice of the captain said. "LetÂ’s go." but the captain was no were to be seen so it was just me all alone and cold in the ruined town.

ThatÂ’s when it ended.

4. last night i was a pirate!
    lol. or something to that effect...
    more like a barmaid in the caribbean...
    but as i recollect details, i will post it later.
    ^^

5. haha, yes! barmaids. (:
    you sound like you have some wacky dreams.

6. i really do.
    no reason for it though.
    once i though i was anna popplewell from the chronicles of narnia and i was fighting side by side with my friend frank who was apparently william mosely, the guy who played peter.
    again, no reason why though.

7. I recently found out that it wasn't the norm to dream in 3rd person. That's how all my dreams are in general and I kind of thought that was how everyone dreamed until a few years ago xD I blame video games.

I can't remember my most recent dream, but my most reoccurring one is my teeth falling out. I finally looked it up last month and found out that it's a pretty common occurrence in dreams.

8. well, if your talking about reoccuring dreams, there's always the one where ET the extra terrestrial comes into my room and stabs me.

yeah. i love that movie now but when i was little it scared the pants off me. especially when he's just lying there in the bathtub...

--twitches--

9. lol!!! wow! thats a wacky dream! i haven't had a dream like that in...... 3 years.

10. ok, when I was 9 I think, I had a dream that I was with 6 other people and we went on a journey, going through caves, swimming in lakes, and walking through forests to get to someplace. We didn't get through, however, without some help from odd creatures. A Blob creature, a fairy looking creature, a wolf, and a raven mixed with an eagle and a hawk. Had the same dream when I was 12.

Also had a dream that everything went all Harry Potter.

11. Recently I had a rather vivid dream.

It started off as a dream-within-a-dream (METADREAM!?), which involved this massive battle. Then I 'woke up'. Turned out I was the prince of this race of cat-people, and they lived inside an upside-down fortress that would turn the right way up at night. I went hunting with some hunters, and we came across a monster that was pretty hard to kill. We did it, though. Afterwards we wondered WTF was going on.

We had to get some human saviours to help us fight a demon army, it turned out. So the saviours came, we got our people to evacuate, and our army stayed behind to fight. I and a trusted friend stayed at the fortress for some reason. Night came, it turned the right way up, and some red slimes were on the ground. My friend got on the ground, only to be killed by the slimes. (They bumped into him repeatedly until he disappeared.) I drew my bow...

And woke up for real. >_>

12. are you seriously Kwoff? no, you really can't be. that's way intense. waaaaay intense. a cat race? haha... the furries are comin' ta' getcha! oh, p.s. you had a false awakening? to test whether or not you're dreaming, especially after a false awakening, test the lights and check the time. usually the lights don't turn on, and the numbers twitch in dreams. THEN YOU CAN LUCID DREAM (my fav).

i would hate teeth falling out dreams. i've had one once like that and then, shortly after, one of my teeth caved in because it a giant cavity in it. it was disgusting. i am horrified of dental atrocities. s:

i love reading these. dreams are so cool... -purr-

p.s. i've never actually felt pain in a dream, just fear. i've died once, but it didn't hurt. it actually felt the opposite.

13. I remember one time Muerrie and I had character-related dreams - Atti was in the jungle, half-dead in mine (which turned into a thread), and in hers, he was... well, working in a Christmas department store. x3

Last night, I dreamed a moose ate me - probably since I saw one yesterday. Drinking in a stream.

Yeah.

It was pretty awesome. :3

14. I tend to have really strange crack-like dreams

There was one a few years ago, I must have been about... 11? Maybe a little older, at any rate, I was running down my street towards my house (i live at the very end of a dead end street) and my friend Jackie and my old next door neighbor were running with me, and we were running for our lives from this little yellow person in a hazmat suit (like the hazmat guys in the movie "Monsters Inc.") and my neighbor tripped, and the little yellow guy presumably got him. Then Jackie and I sprinted up the stairs of my porch and through a window into the bathroom (since at the time this was the only room in my house with a reliable lock on the door) and we through we were safe, but she thought it would be a good idea to hide behind the shower curtain, so she opens it, and there's the little yellow hazmat guy! He pulled this giant axe out of hammerspace and went at it i guess, i turned and ran away before i really saw anything, and i'm running down my street (it's nighttime) and i'm just running until i'm pretty much lost, when i stop and look to my right, and i kid you not, there's a gigantic concrete building with glowing letters in the front 'M.I.B.' and so i ran in and reported the little yellow men in hazmat suits, and they agents told me to go and run on this treadmill that powered the screen that showed where all of the little yellow men were... at any rate, after a few seconds of being left alone to run, the treadmill turned into a little yellow guy.
    ^ To this day, closed shower curtains sort of freak me out, lol.

More recently than that though, i had a dream where i was standing on one of those half dome, jungle gym things, and I was wearing a girl's dress from the mid-1800s, and it was sort of like the nutcracker, except, I had an army of rat men at my control. It was pretty beast.

And just the other month, I had a dream that let me know I was playing entirely too much World of Warcraft. At first i was dreaming that i was playing at a computer and I had my character cast a spell to teleport me to the Undercity, and she's casting the spell, then there was the load screen, then all of a sudden I was my character, and we weren't in the Undercity. We were in Ironforge (I play horde, i can't feasibly teleport to an alliance city) but it was strange, because not all of the guards were dwarves like they should have been, and no one seemed to care that i was the wrong faction, so I said to myself "Hrmm... might as well check my mail" and i was in the middle of checking my mail when I got jumped by 7 guards of varying not all alliance races.
    ^It was really strange, and I didn't play any World of Warcraft for two weeks after that.

I have a lot more that I remember from when I was really young, but they all tend to go on that sort of crackish/wtf route =D

15. I have dreams with fourth, fifth and sixth-dimensional concepts, so it's a trick to explain them... but let's give it a go, anyways, and see how many of y'all I can get to question my sanity.

I was... 6 or 7?
    On some compulsion, I found myself in my house's bathroom. The bathtub was full and the light was on, even though everyone else was asleep. So I closed the door and stepped into the room. This is the part that it gets hard to explain. Without transition, I found myself, fully clothed in normal streetwear of jeans and a tee shirt, sitting up to my shoulders in water, in a bathtub that simply isn't that deep... even though I was, a moment ago, shutting the door of the bathroom while wearing pyjamas. I closed my eyes and let my head go under the water for a moment, and I felt a strange sensation--like falling while standing still. Like the feeling of your stomach sinking when you're on a roller coaster. When I lifted my head out of the water, I found myself sitting in a different bathtub--one of the old fashioned ones with the sculpted feet, as opposed to the modern plastic one I was in a moment before. This new tub was empty, and I am entirely dry... somehow. Another non-transition switch of perspective and there was a man who was not there, standing there... if you can follow that language. It was a person who was tall and refined, but had no appearance... not that he was invisible, he simply had no appearance. He told me to get changed in concept, without words, and left the room. So I stood up and looked around the bathroom, which, aside from the tub being different and the mirror being a large vanity mirror that showed no reflections, was the same. After a third non-transition, I found myself dressed in clothing-without-appearance, and I stepped out the door to see a seemingly endless space that stretched away into the distance until it lacked visual confirmation. The only thing I can say for certain was that the floor was checkered black-and-white, and there were infinite amounts of children my age dancing... and a girl came up to me, and asked me if I knew her true name. I told her I didn't, and she said that it was a good thing, because it's all the same... all in the wordless concept-language that my dreams seem to favor. Then I wake up, every time.

It's for those kinds of things that I became a nocturne. Daytime dreams are calmer.
    I'll have to share the portal dream with y'all sometime... but it's 7 AM. Time for me to go sleep for the day.

16. Oh oh i had a dream on saturday night!

Weeeel before i start my Mums' friends since highschool friend got married yesterday after living for 15 years in sin :3 so i think that had something to do with it :3

Lets' begin:

Anyways, i was in my town where i live with someone i know *not telling who* and we were going to my favourite antique shop -i'm boring i know - and i was looking for a new box, cause i love boxes, and i opened this Japanesy looking chest and there was a load of coloured bells, i grabbed one and looked up to show the person with me, and in front of us was this guy i go to work with. He had a little bell so i remarked "My bell's bigger than your's" But he didn't care, he opened up his jacket like a shady watch dealer does, and he had loooooads of theselittle bells, andhe said something like he didn't care because he had finished his collection? -weeeird-

Anyhoo suddenly i'm in a fancy plush hotel room, and the guy i'm with had all this jewelry he was looking at watches, buckles, rings everything i could think of. And he picked up this ring and i saw the letter 'Q' behing it in the box - Q is my ring size last i checked - but the ring was a size AA, which is a battery size in my mind XD but the ring doesn't fit, but we're suddenly going to the jewellers to get it re-sized.

But this wring, well, the guy wants us to get married so it's an engagement ring, and i like said yes, and i remember the ring, it was kind of silvery, though i knew it was white gold andit had frosted diamonds set into it with a really bright ruby on top, it looked morden, but old fashioned at the same time.

Anyway, i was worried because i knew my mum would inspect it - she used to work at a jeweler making stuff like that- and suddenly, i looked at the bottome of the box and it said £31.99, and i knew she'd be pissed if i was given somethinglike that, so when the guy i was with went away, i was asking the woman who owned the shop if she could put better diamonds in it etc to increase its value to at least £200

So i like woke up after that.... very confused XD

17. haha, i love reading all these dreams... thanks for the effort you're putting into writing them.

'aka: you were apparently scarred by the monster movie that was supposed to be kid-friendly. that's hilarious. so funny too how at every turn you were encountered by a meany... almost like you were paranoid... -dumdumdum-

argent: that's awesome. transcendence through dream is amazing, and my favourite dream (where i die) is very transcendental. the best vibes from dreams like that. i would totally encourage you to read about lucid dreaming, try and do it.

mori: haha, your dream sounds similar to the ones that i have. kinda abstract, and full of weird symbolism... and sometimes a little extreme wish fulfillment (i.e. rings). you should try and draw that -- all the little bells i mean. it sounds really pretty... would make a good painting.

18. This is going to sound really odd, but I had a dream that I was RPing with Crystal Vixen once.

Like... I literally saw the words in my imagination. I was reading and writing a story in my dream.

As for normal dreams, I don't have them while I sleep anymore. But the boundary between what's real and what isn't is right under my feet nowadays. So I have weird daydreams often. The best ones happen while crossing the street. I don't recommend trying it on purpose though.

19. XD jeeez, you'll end up a road pancake!

20. Not when you have the ability to halt an object in motion and send the transfer of energy to your jetpack... but that was a daydream too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.