Dreamcatcher

Thread in 'General Chat' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alright, for those of you that have been around the forums today (and yesterday), yes we finally have a new layout! (minus a few colour tweaking here and there)

Dreamcatchers are our theme. ;] If you have any problems with it, or have any suggestions, please drop me a PM, email, or reply here. It's set up entirely using CSS and works fine in Internet Explorer and FireFox, so I'm told. If you've got another browser that it works fine in and I don't have listed here, please let me know. If it doesn't work for your browser - likewise - let me know! :]

I know that it's slower loading, but I'm on dial-up (the most evil of evils and slowest of slows), and it really isn't too bad for me.

There's also a new <a href=http://shadowlack.com/members.php>Members Area</a> that I'm currently working on. Once I'm done with my tweaking, there's going to be links that only pending members can see, links only members can see, guests, admins, etc. If you have an idea for a link that you'd like to see in there, once again, let me know.

All applications as of right this moment have been replied to. So if you haven't heard from me - you either supplied me with an incorrect email address, or your email bounced for one reason or another. Check your spam/bulk mail too, sometimes emails from Ramath-lehi get mistaken for spam.

Ah, last thing that I've got to say is that Ramath-lehi is now in the <a href=http://htmlxcoder.sphosting.com/Soar/ target=_blank>Soar</a> game database. Thanks to those folks over there for adding us! Now er... back to my colour tweaking.

2. Hurrayness! It's purtyful.

3. WOAH!!!! KOOOL!!!!! hmmm lookin' good!!!Hehe like the poor doomed guy at the top ^_^ side stuff is cool tooo O.o only thing is if yah scroll down the side is a bit...'dull' and 'blue' ~~~ also the main area looks little scrunched up(just a leeetle bit though)
    Also as suggestion for stuff only pending members (also people below 10 posts if possible) should see is BIG FLASHING LETTERS saying 'IF YOU ARE NEW CLICK HERE' ^_^ anyways, nice work XD

4. is soso sexxxy! xD

I was tellin' Odi how much I love the new layout the other day, and how I'd have to ask you who all the critters are. bwe!

Are they the beings inside Kakos' head? Or just random doodles? Or critters from the compendium?

mwaha, whatever they are, the colors are awesome and I am in love. tweettweet! :]

5. *huggles the layout* Its pretty!! Oooo!! Me loves this one very muchly!! *bounces around before handing Kat a BIG chocolate pendragon cake*

6. <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Optima'>YAY!!! OmG it's so nice! Great job Shriker!!!!</span></span>

7. It works perfectly on Mac Safari. ^^;

8. *drool* Ehehehe. *shivers* Ehehehe. *shivers some more* Ehehehe- *explodes out of likingness* :evillaugh: *steals the rabies-looking thing with freaky teeth* What is that thing the spider has 'round it's neck? A bell or some sort of raygun of mass destruction?

9. WOW...This is...This is BEAUTIFUL! ;__; *hugs the layout and crawls away crying of the prettyness* And...Yes, what are dem little critters there? I know on the top is a rapine and a 'dragon, but i'm clueless about the others...Hee. I like the long serpenty thing. ^^ *hugs it*

...Oh wait, wasn't I off crying? *blinks*

10. It was only slow the first time it had to load but after that it moves pretty well. And I think this might be my favorite layout. IÂ’m a sucker for dream catchers. And the colours remind me of a character of mine.

And the ramathian in the corner says Fetus!!! But really it should say ‘Wisat’ because you need to translate it… Now all I need to figure out is what it says behind the two playing with the hanging tooth/claw.

You did an excellent job Jodie XD

11. I've been going through all of the site pages and fixing up all of the colour problems... as well as a few of my typos. Ehhe.

Er... as for who the characters/critters and whatnot are. On the top bar that's my draconis rapine character. He doesn't really have a name. The freaked out pendragon by him is Saber Lapices (Jaceen's brother), who was actually killed by a rapine. x.o You might remember him vaguely from one of Ramath's <a href=http://us.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Kakosenas/Older%20Artwork/t_new.gif>previous layouts</a>. Curving around the left we've got the dreamcatcher, some fire, a random spoon and fork, a clock... two shadowy figures that really remind me of glukkons, but are really just sort of Kakos and Okkie. ^^' Behind them it actually says Sha.. wait, no. Figure it out for yourselves. It's not hard. The thing on the spider's head is a radar dish. oO; Proof that Jodie really likes Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Good read those books and you'll understand it, lol.

Um, and the other critters are just random things that I made up. If you want to "claim" one, and write about to be added in the compendium, let me know. There's the snake, fish, spider, and rabbit-thing. So if someone wants to make up a species name for each, they can. I'd just want the information for each of them to be kind of detailed. The whole idea was really to have things that might be in people's nightmares... like the glass of water. People might be afraid of drowning. The mountains - afraid of heights... that sort of thing. ^^' Thanks for the compliments and all. :P The Kat actually suggested quite a few things that I added in as well. I'm going to be making the site hopefully a lot more newbie/visitor-friendly as well. :) Now that we've lost that horrible dhtml menu, hopefully people won't get so overwhelmed and lost when they first visit.

12. Aha! I thought those two were Okkie and Kakos. And, I bet it says Shadowlack, too.

And, did you perchance read the book Dreamcatcher when you were working on this?

13. I find it funny that you put a clock but really itÂ’s one of my fears. One of my worst fears is being late. IÂ’m also a afraid of fish and if I were to every see one like the one youÂ’ve drawn I would probably never go swimming again :P

IÂ’m also pretty sure that it says Shadowlack. When first looking at it I thought it started with a B and ended with -wick. Guess I was wrong.

14. Nope, I was reading Moreta, dragonlady of Pern or somesuch. A DRoP book. Such pretty colours on the cover. :P

The Dreamcatcher movie's ending is wrong though. >:[ The book isn't half bad.

15. Yeah, the move ending didn't stick with the book at all. I was surprised, to say the least, but all in all, it could have been a lot worse.

Ah, Moreta? I've got that. You like the Pern books, or do you just kind of read them cause you can?

16. I like it, nice job shriker.

17. Mmm... Stephen King. I liked the book Dreamcatcher, but the ending of the movie disappointed me a bit. I'm going to start the Dark Tower series VERY soon. ^^;

18. why does it say fetus behind the the stained glass window?

I have way way too much time on my hands to point this out.

19. Well spotted, and, why not? Seems to be a recurring theme throughout RaL, might as well have it as part of the board background. As a side note, when I hover over the part above the reply box:-

Out of Character personal attacks will not be tolerated on these forums.

Failure to comply to our guidlines can result in a) a warning or b ) (Agh, that blasted coolshades emoticon means I can't put b next to ) ) banishment from the game.

That, the page jumps left into a small space about half the size. It does it with the bottom of the http://shadowlack.com/forumsForums screen</a>. I'm using Opera Web Browser. Lastly, I like the layout, but it took me a while to find the navigation bars at the top :D. Blue doesn't show up very well at all when it's like this - aside from when I use HFC, but that's odd to see as a reply. Is it an OK idea if the reply sections were a different colour or shade to accomadate the various text colours?

20. Oh, very pretty. I like your drawings intensely, and that faded piece of table at the top. : )

The lonly thing is, it seems... really... kinda... stretched. Umm. The boarder's a bit too wide for my liking.

That's it. *cough.* lovely. : )

P.S.: The word behind the dreamcatcher makes me giggle. X )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.