Deep moments of a mad cookie monster

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by Xander, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiya!
    I think that life has gotten, unbelievably, a little to frivoulus lately. All the fun things seem a little to time wasting and all the serious stuff looks a little to hard.... so I have chosen to use my spring break time to recover my perspective. I think that, while I have fun and all during the days, the crowd I have been forced into at school seems to be regressing, and I cant seem to have intelectual fun. Being surrounded by stupidity hasn't helped me from going postal, but niether has all of the anger and deppression. Having logic at my side I can see my life is better then most and I dont really storm and rage or sob helplessly on the floor. These emotions need an outlet but, having few methods to get them out I resort to writing them down like I suggested in my "angst begone!" forum. I only hope that writing this down and listening to other people helps me. I can't solve my inner turmoil unless I'm fixing someone else's broken head, heart or soul.

Plus, C IS FOR COOKIE, AND THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!!
    *om nom nom nom nom nom om nom nom nom nom* cookies!

yum.
    Seeya in the threads Ramath!

2. I can tell you one thing. Sometimes, I know how you feel. A lot of my friends are pretty angry people. Luckily, my roommate isn't one of them. Join a few clubs though, you'll find a lot of extra people. And you'll probably meet someone with their head on right. Having separate groups of friends comes in handy. You can be silly with one, serious with another, and everything would be fine.

3. Why do you think I love this place? We all respect each other to much to verbally assault anybody elese,, we are all capable of a coherent if silly conversation and I can identify with others! Adolescence (did I spell that right?) is giving me the thinking equivalent of mood swings, my heads always in a different place. Using Ramth to vent has been my primary use over the past many months, reading about others fixing broken lives and mending wounds with time heals me on a subconscious level; so I sit here and trawl through gigs of data, feeling my brain unwind. Hearing anything on this site is therapudic because it's all meaningful.

AND STOP IT, YOUR FREAKING BEAKER OUT. (there's a picture that goes with this, but you'll have to google it as URL's don't work again yet!)

Three people are standing in front of you. One tells only lies, one tells only truth, and one will break one bone for every stupid or inescapable question you ask. You get three questions to sort out wich one is wich, what questions do you ask to figure it out and not get a bone broken? (I don't know the answer myself yet, put in your two cents worth whenever.)

4. ahhh! too easy! all you have to do is ask questions you already know the answers to, you should also make sure it's serious questions and are uncommon.

the one who tells lies if he knew the answer tell a completely opisite answer and if he didn't he'll say he knows and tell a wroung answer.

the one who tells the truth will either answer your question the best he can or say he doesn't know.

and the one who will break your bones if you don't give a stright question is most likely to be a serious person so thats why you ask serious questions.

:D hope i'm correct!

5. I don't think anybody's ever tried to confuse the people answering questions, I figured they just sort of knew the answers to everything. I think you deserve points for originality but the bone breaker might not agree with me.....

I figured that you'd ask abiguous questions untill you had a good idea of who was who, then asking wich door you go through. That would take a while however.

Oh, and this should be brain breaking,

You travel back in time. Does history change or does time repair itself? Yuo decide.

6. I'd say you are more likely to have just moved into an alternate time line. Good luck getting back dude!

7. you're wrong Lautir, it's much more harder to travel into a alternate time line than going back in time in your own time line. :P but then that'll be cool you get to mess up that time line and it wouldn't mess up your own. :D

i guess there's a 10% chance that time would repair itself... unless time travelers from the future stop you or fix it themselfs but if not you'll most likely to mess up your time line. XD

8. Actually I think you're mistaken, Ang (;

If you consider life to be a long piece of paper with a line down the middle, then travelling back into time would be like folding the tip of the paper back on itself. You can't undo what you've already done, but you can take your experiences (or the end of the line) to a previous point. But if the paper - like time - is continuously expanding then the paper itself will continue to grow in length. So there is no "tip of the paper" per se - so the only thing you'd be able to do is bend the paper across itself like a mobeus strip.

As the paper is still growing in length, it will, soon, grow off the length and width of the intended point to which you wish to return, thus putting you - ultimately - in a perceptively different dimension. Even if you fold the paper perfectly, you are essentially layering dimensions anyway, so all you're doing is perhaps bending your own space-time window to look into another one.

So with a bit of thought on my part, you never do leave your own dimensions, just augment it. You then have the issue of returning to your normal space-time experience and having to compensate for the dilated sequence of events that ocurred while you were "away".

Most certainly you would be late for dinner.

9. In my opinion the simple going back to whatever point in history you wanted would actually alter the timeline just like that. the effect would make reality repair itself and yuo would be stuck in an infinate loop of being just about to travel back when the universe reboots. Or, the usual agreed aproach says that you simply travel to the earlier moment in time in a parallel universe, leaving our timeline unchanged except for your now being gone, physicists think this is the most probable solution.

Science authorities speculate that there are infinite parallel universes in wich anything and eevrything WILL happen. With this logic, other universes would've already destroyed and prevented the destruction of our universe AT THE SAME TIME. Either the paralell universe travel thing is severly limited, or we are an expiriment to see what would happen if our universe was just left alone. Anybody else fell existential yet?

10. hmmm... ok then i just made a graph on this (in my head)

wait shouldn't we be dead by now; Because it's most likely that if evolution were to make us super smart in a diffrent demention we would'ive messed around with the time line already, leaving a whole ton of dementions dead as well... the only way that were to affect our demention if that demention stemed to us or from us. (which is most likely to happen, since there is a infinite amount of parrallel universes)

*sigh* now i got a head ache

11. That's how I feel whenever I get one of my really good ideas. If theory's that I'm told are almost certainly accurate are true, then science doesn't work right. If science is broken, how do we measure anything with accuracy, like we have been doing for many many years. Statscticly, Earth and our lives SHOULD NOT EXIST, and every physics breakthough we make only strengthens that inference. Our lives are being either assisted by some outside force with ultimate cosmic power, or life has a penchant for luck that defies physics itself. My head hurts.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.